producing how many years?

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
so i searched and havent found any threads asking this question. and im curious as to how long most of you have been producing.
ALSO.. how often do u produce weekly.
ill start it off.. well i sed it before already, somewhere aroudn 2 and 1/2 year range, but i study music like im takin some crazy course on it.
weekly i used to work on improving my producing about 4+ hours every day, not counting my fridays and saturdays. but since a month ago im caught up in my studies. university ish =b.

2.5 years and avg 4+ hrs day. you?

(u might think this is pointless but this is part of my researching and studying ish for production)

Soo DyNaMeK

ill o.g.
4 years

I've been a musician for 10 + years but producing came 4 yrs ago seriously. Now that's what I'm trying to do fulltime beside playing. I also go to FAU in Boca Raton ,FL and grad this summer in Music Business...

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
I've been at it for about 16 years. I started with turntables, Roland 909, Alesis SR16, Dual tape decks and a Fostex 4 Track Recorder. In 95 I upgraded to an ASR-10 then later added the MPC 2000. Been cratediggin' that long also.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
about 5 years

started with Fruit Loops before it became "FL studio"

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Many...6 or 7 seriously 3 before that in college dabbling and producing for some schoolmates that rapped (thats hip hop production beatmaking HR-16 drum machine and some yamaha keyboard with cassette tape multi)....if you want to bring the whole musician thing into it we can LOL, I played in formal organized bands for a lot of years since about the 6th grade and after that played nightclubs and what not too but I won't.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
3 years. more into learning my craft now than actually producing

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
bigdmakintrax said:
Classic no disrespect but lets be honest with the world LOL 2 years? JK also I.

yea man its been 2 years it goes by fast, i started in jan 04 ive been a memeber of ill appox the same amount of time of been producing

bigdmakintrax said:
am waiting for the beat you make that implement or incorporates the step show, that would be dope
yea actually i already did that, i made up a step and everything, i just gotta find a studio with the right mic's to record that shit...

class..

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
2 years myself with another 2 years before on the 1's and 2's. I find making beats more rewareding, because when I was spinning I was only making tapes for myself. I never but anything online like I should ahve

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Ive been producing a few months short of two years, used to only spend a few hours with a full time job now im in uni doing audio engineering i have all the gear and i spend even less time beatmaking lol but i spend most of my week learning bass and piano and every aspect of sound engineering and production song writing etc ! so its all good !

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
I started producing hip hop and rap about 4 months ago now. But i spend almost every day in my studio when im not at school. I was in a band before I started producing for about 4 years, and i wrote all the material for us. Im in college here in cincinnatti, so i gotta stick to my books during the day but about 3:00 or 4:00 i get a bag and head to the studio just to fool around with new sounds and see what i can come up with. I'm grindin right now doin' about 6-8 beats a week. Once college is over i'm sure ill have to get a full time job, but for now every last bit of free time is spent working on music.

Peace,
Cincinnatti, OH.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
el i am in the same boat. I spend my time all day in class and i come back and burn it and make beats, about to graduate this semester and the real world, fuck!! so i grind as much as i possibley can now. also i have been producing now for about 3 years, djing for about 6

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
seeeeeeen elementree and grafik. u guys r realllllll serious about this. full devotion in the studio. but then these other producers r takin time to learn engineering/mastering aspects as well as song composing. tahts good to see. if i had taken this survey elsewhere i doubt theyd be this dedicated to producing. see. another reason y this forum is great. lol. naw im not suckin up, just statin my mind

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
In April I will be one year into beatmaking!