Production opinions? Lil' Wayne - Lollipop.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
wayne is a line biter!!! It seems every track I listen to, he has jacked someone elses rhymes in it....He is wack! As well as all the mainstream out. I think he puts out so much shit, that he doesnt spend anytime writing his rhymes and just comes up with ways to use other rappers rhymes and twists some words around. I doubt that he writes most of this songs anyway...

It is the same way for all these producer videos online, how to make a beat in 2 minutes. I would rather see someone spend 2 or 3 days on a beat. This is the same as Wayne, I bet he goes in the booth spends about a hour and there you go he has a hit single.

THERE IS JUST NO QUALITY IN MAINSTREAM MUSIC...

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
^^^Blasphemy! Obviously you didnt hear that the man is being billed as the greatest rapper ever!

LOL..

I gotta give it to him, with this past album Wayne has earned my respect. I still can't stand his voice, but after hearing A Milli or whatever it's called and some other song from this album which I don't know the name he wasn't half bad. The only song of his I liked prior to this last album was hustla music.... love him or hate him, he does put in work.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I How does he have that much time to jump on damn near everybodys shit.....shows he has a hell of a work ethic. I don't know anyone present of past that put in more work in the industry.

If you really listen to his bars, you begin to realize it doesn't take much time to write what he does..

Now if he was a beast lyrically, then I'd co-sign. But he isn't. In my opinion, anyway.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Exactly, since when does quantity equal quality or hard work? If you don't put in any effort you can produce a whole lot of half-baked crap too. It's only an opinion but I don't see anything to respect nor do I see why I should. Especially when he's biting so many lines.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
If you really listen to his bars, you begin to realize it doesn't take much time to write what he does..

Now if he was a beast lyrically, then I'd co-sign. But he isn't. In my opinion, anyway.

I'm flying solo on that loan....no co-signing needed. Dude is on everybody's shit.....R&B, Rap & Hip Hop....the work he's putting in speaks for itself. I really don't see why everybody keeps beefing about his lyrics. If the people "on the inside" think he's hot and want him on there shit it doesn't much matter what us on the outside think.

I'm a DJ and 70 to 80 percent of the exclusive shit I get has Wayne or T-Pain featured on it. SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!

I'm not on his dick and I've never considered him the best or in the top twenty best Emcee's but he's doing his thang and may go down as the most featured Rapper Alive if nothing else. As long as the checks keep rolling "get money" lil weezy!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
He's on everyone's shit because he's what sells....

He's a very marketable act... No denying that. People will buy shit because there's a lil wayne feature on it...

Don't get me wrong... If wayne wanted a beat from me...I'd probably give it to him free of charge....mainly because he's getting heavy rotation everywhere...

I just don't think the whole "best rapper alive" thing holds any truth......especially when people like Nas and Jay-z are still making records.....

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I'm just saying that "best rapper" alive shit is tired and old. Appreciate the brother for what he is and what he's doing, which in reality is keeping the game some what alive for us aspiring Emcee's and producers. There are only a few doing it right now that are keeping the boat a float. Jigga, Kanye, Wayne, Snoop, Busta, and Lupe and honorable mention 50! Without these dudes moving units the last year and half we'd all be only doing this shit for a hobby!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
can we like, stop talking about this?

like..someone please close this thread.

i'm getting sick of being reminded about "weezy" everytime i come into this section.

let's just all stop talking about this subject and live in happy ignorance of these untanlented types of people.

=)

lmao....I guess somebody held a gun to YOUR KEYBOARD and told you that you had to click on the thread and comment or else?

This thread is not hard to pass by. You see what it's about before you even enter!!!!

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
*This is just a reponse to people in general*

Why can't a brotha shine without getting hated on? Nas, Biggie, Jay Z... heck even DMX had their time to shine. Yall are forgetting something here. IT'S THE NEW GENERATION PEOPLE!! Which means new audience and style of music. Whether you think Hip Hop is dead or not, I think it's evolvling. Just like Rock N Roll evolved to different genres such as Punk, Heavy Metal, and Soft Rock just to name a few. LIVE WITH IT! I know I don't wanna hear the same type of songs made over and over again. I'll get sick of it! Some of yall may grow up not wanting to hear the old music your parents be listening to. It's the same shit right now. But as you get older, you learn to appreciate it more.

So stop hatin and live with it. Aint no one threatening you to listen to what you want to listen to.

P.S. I've been DJ'n for over 7 years now and I can't even name an artist who's been featured in so many songs more than Lil Wayne has. In my opinion, he's on the top of his game right now. Some may think his music is garbage, but, define garbage. What is garbage music and why do people listen to it? DEFINE that for me please cuz I don't know what garbage is.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
*This is just a reponse to people in general*

Why can't a brotha shine without getting hated on? Nas, Biggie, Jay Z... heck even DMX had their time to shine. Yall are forgetting something here. IT'S THE NEW GENERATION PEOPLE!! Which means new audience and style of music. Whether you think Hip Hop is dead or not, I think it's evolvling. Just like Rock N Roll evolved to different genres such as Punk, Heavy Metal, and Soft Rock just to name a few. LIVE WITH IT! I know I don't wanna hear the same type of songs made over and over again. I'll get sick of it! Some of yall may grow up not wanting to hear the old music your parents be listening to. It's the same shit right now. But as you get older, you learn to appreciate it more.

So stop hatin and live with it. Aint no one threatening you to listen to what you want to listen to.

P.S. I've been DJ'n for over 7 years now and I can't even name an artist who's been featured in so many songs more than Lil Wayne has. In my opinion, he's on the top of his game right now. Some may think his music is garbage, but, define garbage. What is garbage music and why do people listen to it? DEFINE that for me please cuz I don't know what garbage is.

Word!

I dj aswell and at the end of the day it's about what the people want. Nobody is making the people at these clubs come up and request damn near every song that Wayne is on. No one makes them buy or listen to the music. They want what they want. From my experience the ones that hate the most are the ones who want to be "in the industry" themselves and are frustrated because they can't drop the "hot shit" that will get them signed or they lack the "heart" to really pursue it.

Like I've said before, if Wayne wanted a track from any producer here or wanted any emcee here on there next record they'd jump on that shit in a heart beat.

YOU'RE A WACK AZZ LIAR IF YOU SAY YOU WOULDN'T JUMP AT THE OPPORTUNITY! lmao

It's amazing how some around here throw the words "wacK' and "talentless" around so loosely. Wayne has a lot of talent. There is no way in hell he could perform at the level he does with out it. If you've seen him live you can feel me on that! He and Kanye definitely give you your moneys worth when they hit the stage.

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
And I did too.

Dudes are stuck in the 90's.
The Golden Age is over.

You don't like what Weezy is doin? Fine.
You go out and grind harder to get your name out.
Bring sampling back. Make emceeing cool again.

Just don't sit on the chair and whinge all day about the state of the industry.
There are so many ways to get noticed and build your own name and fans.

So do it!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Well, what we are forgetting is the title of the thread, Production wise this is a great album, its all solid.

Dammnnnnnn...he said great! There's hope for the hip hop faithful after all!

ForestGlenn

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i think the song wasnt that bad aside from the notorius "t-pain effect" and the fact that i cant listen to the radio with moms and sis cuz they cant ever say anything decent on the radio these days. but aside from that, i think the production was well done

members online