production software..preferences

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Ableton Live you say? i'm aware of there software, but i've never done the research on it. speak on it.

Since it sounds like you're a "sample" based producer I'll hit you off with info. tailored for that.

1) Timestretching - is basically done automatically! As soon as you place the sample into your project by way of inserting it into a clip it is sync'd to the tempo of your project "automatically". If you want to "fine tune" your time stretching you have "5" methods. You can do so by beats,tones,textures,re-pitch and complex. You would choose which method according to the sample. For example, if it's just a beat (drum pattern) use beats for the best stretch. If it's a piece of an entire song with all the instrumentation use complex. If it's just vocals use re-pitch. Outside of choose with method you do nothing else.

2) Want to slice/chop that sample up? SUPER EASY! Click on the sample and you'll see everything about it at the bottom portion of your screen. You'll see the samples original tempo (now this is magic, when I sample I match my project tempo to the sample). You can set the time signature,swing,transpose, detune,sample quality (hi-Q for best results), volume,length of sample. Here you can see where to place your chop markers. Click on a marker and move it accordingly to set your hit points. Double click and it'll turn yellow. Chop marker is set. Right click on the sample in the clip view and scroll down to "slice to midi track". Now you'll have 7 slicing options, by marker,bar, 1/2 note,1/4 note,1/8 note,16th note or 32nd note.

Now if you want to get even more creative you can choose a sample preset. If you want the sample to stutter chose chord & stutter. There are 5 other presets to chose from. Shit will take your sample game to another level.

I'm tired of typing homie..lol. Get the demo and fuck with it. I promise you'll be hooked!

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Since it sounds like you're a "sample" based producer I'll hit you off with info. tailored for that.

1) Timestretching - is basically done automatically! As soon as you place the sample into your project by way of inserting it into a clip it is sync'd to the tempo of your project "automatically". If you want to "fine tune" your time stretching you have "5" methods. You can do so by beats,tones,textures,re-pitch and complex. You would choose which method according to the sample. For example, if it's just a beat (drum pattern) use beats for the best stretch. If it's a piece of an entire song with all the instrumentation use complex. If it's just vocals use re-pitch. Outside of choose with method you do nothing else.

2) Want to slice/chop that sample up? SUPER EASY! Click on the sample and you'll see everything about it at the bottom portion of your screen. You'll see the samples original tempo (now this is magic, when I sample I match my project tempo to the sample). You can set the time signature,swing,transpose, detune,sample quality (hi-Q for best results), volume,length of sample. Here you can see where to place your chop markers. Click on a marker and move it accordingly to set your hit points. Double click and it'll turn yellow. Chop marker is set. Right click on the sample in the clip view and scroll down to "slice to midi track". Now you'll have 7 slicing options, by marker,bar, 1/2 note,1/4 note,1/8 note,16th note or 32nd note.

Now if you want to get even more creative you can choose a sample preset. If you want the sample to stutter chose chord & stutter. There are 5 other presets to chose from. Shit will take your sample game to another level.

I'm tired of typing homie..lol. Get the demo and fuck with it. I promise you'll be hooked!

good lookin out man. i downloaded that joint before i left for work this morning. i'll give it a test drive over the weekend.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
reason4 !!!! .

lmao...I know Wiz...I'm a reason 4 man too but it can't do what trez needs for his production style program. Ableton can! You'll soon realize that Reason in combination with other tools is a good look. Till then master Reason my friend!

I was using reason with 512mb ram for a long time, the only thing holding back my system is using too many Combinator/thor patches. If you just chop samples and import them into a couple nnxts it doesnt have any slow down at all. The problems in reason come only when using too many combinators or thors at the same time.
All of the other devices are fine, with little processor usage. I pretty much use reason exclusively now for production and pro tools for post production. I even chop my acapellas into sections now and use them in an nnxt.
When you know how to do things in reason or work around its failings its a very powerful peice of software.
You can also use reason as a slave in most DAW's, so its a must for any producers aresenal.IMO.

members online