Reason 5 and Record 1.5 within a week or so.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Dang together? Wow, thats a steal. If I had money growing out my ass I would def buy them both then.

*Only thing thats really a bummer to me is they still aren't letting their software support Audio Units. Thats a big selling point even though, yes you can rewire to your daw, and yes the new mixer emulates the SSL desk. Still, i have a lot of really big "go-to" plugs I rely on when mixing my music and it would be a shame to simply abandon them just because Propellerhead engineers seem stubborn to move forward. Having to rewire and then route individual tracks to Logic and send them back just for the use of a specific AU is freaking stupid to me. I dont care how easy it is. Thats yet another app taking up precious processing power thats totally un-needed.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Also did you notice this feature list! Love the Self-cantain with refills that changes things for me as well!

And there's more, of course...

Apart from the big feature additions, there are of course tons of smaller additions and changes to Reason 5 and Record 1.5. Here are a few of them.

Automatic Self-Contain of Samples (incl from ReFills)
Make your songs self-contained by embedding samples and even ReFill sounds in your file. Reason 5's self-contained song format makes collaborating with your friends a breeze. Even breezier than before actually.

Record Notes on Multiple Tracks
Reason 5 and Record 1.5 lets you use multiple MIDI keyboards, pads, and controllers for playing and recording your instruments. Lock a 16-pad controller to a Kong, and use a keyboard to play your synths. Or use two keyboards on stage for controlling different Reason instruments.

Scale Clips by Resizing
By pressing the alt or option key, Record 1.5 lets you timestretch individual clips. Now you can stretch loops to match your song's tempo, or expand samples to eight times the length for completely new sounds.

Mute Tool
The new Mute tool lets you click to mute and unmute clips. Use it to mute sections, or create variations in your Blocks.

Set and move loop functions
Select a clip and press L to immediately set the loop points to the selection. Use the new Remote parameters for real-time control of the loop points from your MIDI controller.

Tap Tempo
New in the transport panel is the Tap Tempo button.

Improved key commands for laptop use
Reason 5 and Record 1.5 works even better on your laptop – or any keyboard missing a numeric pad. The new key commands lets you control play, loop, record and more from your keyboard.

Hierarchical menus in Combinator programmer
A sound designer favorite, the Combinator's programmer window is now even easier to use with hierarchical menus for fast patching.

Additional CV inputs on Combinator
The Combinator in Reason 5 is expanded with new CV inputs on the back. The four new CV inputs can be used to control any parameter on the contained devices, providing even more options and possibilities for sound designers.

Updated Help system (incl Help on Mac)
Reason 5 and Record 1.5 comes with a new and better built-in help system, on both Mac and Windows.

Normalize and reverse audio clips
In Record 1.5 you can normalize and reverse your recorded audio clips.

Bounce clip to sample
When using Reason & Record, you can now bounce audio recordings to samples, so you can use them in Reason devices such as Kong, Redrum, NN-XT and NN-19.

Reason 5 updates
In Reason 5 there are tons of changes to bring Reason up to speed with Record. These changes include advanced multi core support, improved cable management in the rack, faster sample loading, on-screen piano keyboard, sequencer usability improvements and much much more.

jstoddart

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
is it me or does this look more like FL :) octo rex - slicex, blocks mode - Fl playlist, sampler - edison/slicex and kong - fpc on 22inch rims lol!!

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
YO! fucking speechless. i just had a realllyyyy shitty ass day. and i saw this. now i'm trying to contain an orgasm.... lol. wtf. reason is now a stand alone beast and NO ONE can compare to FL STUDIO. ahahahahhaha for all you fl heads. it's taking over the game. wowowowow. neptune..... KONG... the blocks even. this will inspire everyone on a whole new level. wow. might be a bit TOO much from the get go for those of us who don't use logic or w/e software you guys use. reason is now a professional tool. no pro tool. aha.

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
to me, TapTempo was all that was missing but since they added all these other features reason seriously might be all you need.......EVER. It would really be dope if you could use the qwerty as keys but, oh well you can't have it all LOL. I Always loved the timing on Reason better than any other sequencer so all this new shit is a major plus for me.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Im eager to see how responsive the mixers new compressor is and how the EQ sounds.
One of the biggest selling factors in making me jump ship to another DAW, especially if it doesnt allow third party plugs is how surgical the native EQs are and how the compressors sound/work.
Knowing Propellerhead, they are prob top notch since Ive never really been too disappointed by their filters or dynamic processors, but thats def a big deciding factor for me.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Yeah thats what I meant, and I figured as much but Id like to put em to the test to see for myself. That kinda stuff is more important to me then all the new fancy toys cuz IMO those particular tools either help make or break your mix.

members online