Reason 5 and Record 1.5 within a week or so.

I'm estimating b/c all of the new shit that it has. maybe I'm wrong. But still i will invest in this DAW. I'm sold on the Kong and Neptune. all it needs now is a rewire into reason or will it have it????

Why would you want to rewire reason into reason? That doesnt make sense.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
nooo I would want you rewire VSTs into reason. Lemme rephrase what I said. All it needs is to have the option to rewire VSTs into reason.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yeah, thats one thing Ive always really liked was the reason reverb. The gated feature is so easy to use and sounds just like you want it to. Man I love my third party compressors/eq's/limiters though.
Cytomic - The Glue is so dope, Voxengo pretty much makes everything excellent (even their utility plugs are a lifesaver - perfect example: normally I end up mic'ing acoustic guitar correctly as to not accrue any phase issues, but not too long ago I ended up with a slight amount of comb filtering in my stereo recording so I ended up reaching for my Voxengo PHA-979. That thing was a lifesaver for real. After a couple minutes shifting the body mic back into phase my entire recording came to life, plus the plug affords you the opportunity to flip the phase as well which is yet another really useful feature....) My point - you just dont get tools like that in a program like Record. At least not to my knowledge....And my list goes on cuz I have so many dope plugs I use that are all 3rd party.

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
"rewire VSTs into reason."

its impossible to rewire IN to Reason ha ha.

Honestly I never use plugins anymore, my refill library is like 50gb I am good to good for about everything!

but it IS possible to use external sound sources, and heres how... dowload asio4all driver, enable "rewuschel" during installation. insert "rebirth input device" into desired project, asio inputs are now available.. (you still wont be able to do an audio recording, but you will be able to use another host to add sound to your project)

still, a much more desireable "classic" approach might be to finish your composition up, then re-do your rack wiring directing all desired outputs into the "hardware device" to commence with your mix using all the vst's your heart could ever desire,
and maybe even add a few real instrument recordings to spice it up.

-dp

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I had no idea you guys were already talking about this.

I get the Propellerheads Newsletter and saw that KONG. So I just bought Record today $142 after taxes. Guitar Center has $20 off purchases over $99.

So I guess I am supposed to be able to get the new Reason 5 and Record 1.5 for free once it drops.

I am excited but kinda in a weird place about it all because I almost pulled the trigger on the Maschine last week. I would have been pissed if I bought that just to see Reason drop Kong. Now I guess I need to get a controller with 16 pads on it. I saw a few dope Akai midicontrollers at Guitar center I might consider buying. Then I might get rid if my 2500 and my Axiom 61.

We'll see.

Good shit man.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yeah man Im in the same boat now.
Once Reason got equipped with live sampling amongst many other things that Ive been wanting it to have for so long I think it may be a game changer now too.
Might have to retire the MP as well.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Ominous do you already have reason? Kong is Reason feature not a record feature. But Record is awesome!

Yeah bro, I got Reason. I just never bought Record because I had Logic Pro. Had Record come out in time, I would have never gotten Logic.

I am sooo looking forward to Kong. I was wondering when the hell someone would emulate that damn MPC on a CPU. And Kong looks like it will crush an MPC.

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
omini u can rout the kong into the redrum and it works great!
route it to gate in and outs
and u can use the step sequencer in the redrum still
i have the mpd26 as well so i can control it both ways
but rout it to the redrum for ya drums works sick then if i sample i just chop up the waves in soundfourge then load them up into the kong

members online