Reason vs MPC

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
wassup gang i was at my boys crib in harlem he has Reason he does his drums n all that but i like my mpc for drums n sample it feels like im gettin closer to Reason then my mpc if i knew how to mess wit redrum n all that i would but im tryin to keep my mpc in the loop

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
I was thinking about getting an MPC but I dont see where it could step my game up really...in Reason 4.0, I can basically get my drums to swing how I want them so right now an MPC would be a waste of money to me.

i hear ya i luv my mpc tho lol

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
so u think i should sell it

DON'T SELL IT! UNLESS YOU'RE COPIN' THE MPD32!

Use it as the number one controller. That way you keep the feel of beating on the pads. I have my MPC as the main controller and my Axiom 25 is in the chain as well. Ableton Live as my main DAW with Reason Rewired. An unbeatable combo!

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
DON'T SELL IT! UNLESS YOU'RE COPIN' THE MPD32!

Use it as the number one controller. That way you keep the feel of beating on the pads. I have my MPC as the main controller and my Axiom 25 is in the chain as well. Ableton Live as my main DAW with Reason Rewired. An unbeatable combo!

o yea i forgot about that lol i guess ill keep my bad boy in the loop i gotta upgrade the OS anyway

G

Griffin Avid

...but the options available in Reason are endless vs. an MPC being limited

Wow, that's a crazy statement.

To save us from a three page thread, let's just agree that Reason has limits too and some of them are quite illogical. - Especially for it to be at version 4.0. The same workarounds/fixes/adjustments/extra steps are just as easily utilized on an MPC.

Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, workflow for workflow.
I say stick to your personal preferences and let that guide your decision(s).

G

Griffin Avid

Yes, I agree too, but that's like also saying my MPC + this other stuff is ...unlimited.

I love Reason too, hell reason 4 is that joint BUT!!!!

A sampler that doesn't sample?
An all-in-one that doesn't record audio?
Or host VSTs/vsti?

That needs a more powerful app (what will REwire and also NOT host VSTs or record live audio?) to be fully realized?

You can't even Rewire Recycle. That's plain crazy.
And I always hear from (strictly) software cats how their approach is more flexible and thus *better*.
Strange how that never translates to their tracks.
I have yet to hear it or get any meaningful angles besides "What I can do if I wanted to".
But it's always impractical stuff that leads nowhere.

Oh no I'm falling into the three page thread trap..