Saigon Interview

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
classic said:
I did read the interview, but i can respect any cat that dont respect me. He talked out his neck with that shit and just lost a potiental fan. This aint about me having southern pride,(casue i always will) its about cats disrepecting something they obviously know nothing about. THose comments spit in the face of legends like goodie mob, scareface and kast.

If they shoe was on the other foot and it was a southern cat dissing east coast cats saying he dont give a fuck about pete rock etc.. yall know cats wouldent stand for that shit.....folks would be having a field day...

clas..

what do you gotta know bout the south to understand the deeper meaning of webbie or the ying yang twinz or every video and song on the radio... you gotta know that shit is slow minded and the majority of people are stupid (everywhere) and eatin the shit up...

people can diss pete rock all they want if they dont like that style... thats not even in the same ballpark... he's saying the shit on a deeper level... not that the style is wack... but that its actually detremental to youth and destroying the art

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
BASTARD said:
now when you say took over... do you mean took over mtv and commercial radio,or tookover hiphop?

lol...you got a point....i can't argue...

WORDAMOUPH

NUPHONIX PRODUKTIONS
ill o.g.
classic said:
I did read the interview, but i can respect any cat that dont respect me. He talked out his neck with that shit and just lost a potiental fan. This aint about me having southern pride,(casue i always will) its about cats disrepecting something they obviously know nothing about. THose comments spit in the face of legends like goodie mob, scareface and kast.

If they shoe was on the other foot and it was a southern cat dissing east coast cats saying he dont give a fuck about pete rock etc.. yall know cats wouldent stand for that shit.....folks would be having a field day...

clas..

"So now the people who like to hear insight and introspective lyrics and like to grow and learn – you can’t learn from a Down South record. There are a few groups like David Banner and Outkast (that you can learn from). It’s a few of them...".................................................

I think you misenterprited what he was trying to say. He did give shout outs to the real artist from the south(the qoute above), what he was reffering to was the dudes riding the wave cus the south is cracking right now. Just about any south artist could put out some crunkshit right now and sell, dont mean the shit is hot, and sadly enough 90 % of the dudes putting shit out right now aint saying shit in there music. The West Coast went through the same shit. Of course you had the dudes that was real talent but for the most part when the west was popping it was a bunch of fake ass dick ridaz riding the wave, and since the G-funk was hot at the moment people was eating that shit up. He was reffering to the no talent dudes putting out all this bullshit right now that to be honest the songs have no fucking meaning. When the South cools down, all the real artist like outkast, goodie mob, scarface and them they still gon be standing while most of the dudes making noise now gon dissapear, happened in the west 5-10 years ago and history always repeats itself

members online