sample question

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
isnt the sample the symphonic guy posted unusable cuz of the snare? well unusable if you want to put in your own drums. am i on crack? what the fuck is goin on!

LMFAO what??

nah. i mean.. like.. what?!?

Symphonic

Custom User Title
ill o.g.
Ever heard of overdumming?
I do that all the time, opens up a whole new world for you lol.
I fucked the sample up a little, gonna buy the original record if they sell it here.

slowed down, original tempo is like 18000000 bpm disco

Blue77

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
that shits wak. i feel sorry for anyone who feels it cuz they wasting there time making a lame beat from a lame sample

What's good man? It's always cool to see somebody else that's in to records as heavy as myself.I sold that Skip Mahoney & The Casuals a few years ago, it's a really rare one, even here in D.C., but samplewise it's nothin special.Keep in mind though that Primo, D.I.T.C. Pete Rock ,Dilla and alot of other cats have flipped samples that were from other wise tired records or songs. I mean classic hip-hop records were made using this method.You got your play through, listen to while your driving etc. type records, and then you got your grab a few chops from joints.Me personally ,I heard a few usable parts in that sample,but that's just me.

Blue77

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
if u think that skip mahoney has no samples u musta overlooked tha song strugglin man. hit me up if u down to trade records tho doggie. i got a gang of shit im lookin for.

I probabally did overlook something on that. I'm down for trades though.You got any good canadian joints?

C

chemicali

blunt 604 what is the artist name of that track u posted? very nice sample!

DJ Udo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Um... Thats what THAT sample sounds like...

There's no criteria to what a sample "should" sound like.... thats limiting yourself to the fullest. If you're feeling somethin, you're feeling it, and if you got the skill to fuck wit it.. then do it, if not, leave it alone i guess.

I consider myself a rookie and I can flip just about any sample. The wacker the original sample, the bigger the props when you make it hot.