• bigknob.jpg
    bigknob.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 243

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
hesh said:
i just came up on some money and FINALLY able to come across a dope lil bedroom studio. im still learning the basics of beatmaking right now, i may have gone a little overboard, i dont know. the pics are a little blurry, they were takin with a phone cam, anyways, here it is:
MPC 2000xl MCD w/ 32mb, 8 outs
alesis m1 mk2 active monitors (theyre sitting right next to my monitor, you might not be able to see them because of the bright ass screen. i had to put electrical tape over the blue LEDs on the front because they were constantly in my face blinding me.)
Mackie 1604vlz Pro 16 track mixing board
2 Technics SL-1210MK2
Rane TTM-56
Self built comp..2.2ghz, 2 gigs ram, Delta 1010 sound card/breakout box
I ran out of attatchments, so
Partly pictured:
about 300 records
not pictured:
Boss Sp-303

dope beats soon to come....

Definately seems like too much stuff if ur still learning the basics of beatmaking, but nice set up nonetheless.

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Here's my setup.

On the left, on the keyboard stand:
alesis ION
EMU EMAX
AKAI S900
Epson Stylus Photo R300 on the floor

In the center, in the rack:
Behringer Ultrapatch
Emagic AMT-8
Bellari RP220 (with custom mods
Bellari RP583 (soon to be with custom mods)

Below the desk:
Apple G5 dual 1.8
Homebrewed Athlon XP 2000 PC

On the desk, left to right:
Event 20/20BAS
apple 22" Flat monitor
Firewire CD burner
Firewire hard drive
NEC 18" flat monitor (its black so you can't see it)
Cheap turntable from Goodwill for $10
Cheap tape deck from the thrift store for $10

And Auralex 2" foam on the walls

Not pictured:
Powerbook G3 Pismo
MPD16
My wax collection, about 100 or so
My tape collection, about 200 (yes I sample off tapes, niggas ain't onto that yet...)
sE Electronics Z3300a condenser mic and the closet that's converted into a booth.

Truth be told tho, all the good shit is inside the computers. Running Logic Pro 7 on the Mac, Live 5 and chainer on the PC, and lately Guru on the laptop wtih the MPD on the train to work

Attachments

• IMG_1018 copy 1.JPEG
    IMG_1018 copy 1.JPEG
    179.1 KB · Views: 461

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
mp3 said:
Here's my setup.

On the left, on the keyboard stand:
alesis ION
EMU EMAX
AKAI S900
Epson Stylus Photo R300 on the floor

In the center, in the rack:
Behringer Ultrapatch
Emagic AMT-8
Bellari RP220 (with custom mods
Bellari RP583 (soon to be with custom mods)

Below the desk:
Apple G5 dual 1.8
Homebrewed Athlon XP 2000 PC

On the desk, left to right:
Event 20/20BAS
apple 22" Flat monitor
Firewire CD burner
Firewire hard drive
NEC 18" flat monitor (its black so you can't see it)
Cheap turntable from Goodwill for $10
Cheap tape deck from the thrift store for $10

And Auralex 2" foam on the walls

Not pictured:
Powerbook G3 Pismo
MPD16
My wax collection, about 100 or so
My tape collection, about 200 (yes I sample off tapes, niggas ain't onto that yet...)
sE Electronics Z3300a condenser mic and the closet that's converted into a booth.

Truth be told tho, all the good shit is inside the computers. Running Logic Pro 7 on the Mac, Live 5 and chainer on the PC, and lately Guru on the laptop wtih the MPD on the train to work

how u like dat ion? .. i think im gonna cop one

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Formant024 said:
let me gues on the rolls/bellari...exchanged tubes ? ( groove tubes ) or did you have the op amps changed ?

I changed the tubes, I got some Tesla knockoffs from Uncle Ned (http://store.triodestore.com/), I got some free Texas Instruments OPA2604s directly from TI (called them and asked for some samples), I swapped out all the signal path resistors for metal film versions, and I also put some better capacitors in the power supply section. I still need to swap out the input transformers for Lundahl 1530s and replace the pots with Clarostat 308Ns.

I got the mod plans from www.blacklionaudio.com . Basically its a total rework, and it sounds surprisingly good. Swapping out the output op amps made the biggest difference, it sounded ten times better immediately. I think the input trannies will make an even bigger difference, but wifey put a bear trap on the wallet...

I been looking for schematics for the RP583, but I already swapped out the tubes and it sounds a little better and less dirty. The op amps are also socketed in this one, so that's the next mod.

Once I'm finished with the internal mods, I'm gonna paint them and put some new knobs on them. My sE Z3300a sounds damn good going thru those two pieces. I always get compliments on it.

Ash Holmz said:
how u like dat ion? .. i think im gonna cop one

It sounds real beefy and analog. I think it sounds better than a lot of the software VAs but there are some plugins that I prefer, like Fabfilter Twin. I really bought it because of the knobs, with the interface, its drop dead simple to dial in the perfect sound. also I have it set up so I can map the knobs on the ION to any softsynth on my Mac or my PC. But there are some problems, one of the knobs is jumpy and the main knob broke off when it was shipped to me I had to superglue it back on. Most of the IONs have some sort of knob problem, that's why they're so cheap. But it is fixable if you get one new you get it fixed for free. I bought mine used.

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
my cheap setup

M-Audio BX5's on some Auralex foam
M-Audio Keystation 49e
M-Audio Trigger Finger
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
HP Pavilion zd8000
FL Studio 6
Sony V700 Dj Headphones

Attachments

• studio0002.JPG
    studio0002.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 389
ill o.g.
What's good fam? I've been gone for a minute (busy in general) but here's my setup...moved everything into my room a week ago or so. Real simple, bare essentials only.

Center: Acer Aspire 3003WLi
Left: MPD16
Right: Oxygen8
Behind the laptop: cheap hifi Logitechs, subwoofer below the table
Behind the laptop to the left: Numark DM1050
Far left: Numark TT200
To the right and below the Oxygen: surge protector, external HD, CD label thing.

Attachments

• DSC00320.JPG
    DSC00320.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 313

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Copped dat ion finally .. i like it so far u can get pretty deep w/ the editing

with this new apartment i finally got my own dedicated studio room... not that big, but i can work with it...

imac g5(w/ ableton live, peak, recycle, pro tools,)
digi 002
tapco s8 monitors
mpc 4000
gemini tt02 for sampling
records
alesis ion
emu pk6 w/ mo phatt expansion
yamaha motif es rack
safe sound audio p1 channel strip
art power conditioner
360 systems midi patcher
3" foam and bass traps
mxl v6 mic ( the golden mic haha)
yamaha psr-410 (the "sleeper" midi controller.. fuc all them new controllers ..this ol skool board can do shit the new ones cant)

Attachments

• 100_0161.jpg
    100_0161.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 299
  • 100_0157.jpg
    100_0157.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 243

hektek

ill o.g.
studio photos

this is a pic of the Bluntsquad Lab located in the Bronx, New York...

Attachments

• studio pic 1.jpg
    studio pic 1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 302
  • studio pic 2.jpg
    studio pic 2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 269

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Ash Holmz said:
Copped dat ion finally .. i like it so far u can get pretty deep w/ the editing

with this new apartment i finally got my own dedicated studio room... not that big, but i can work with it...

imac g5(w/ ableton live, peak, recycle, pro tools,)
digi 002
tapco s8 monitors
mpc 4000
gemini tt02 for sampling
records
alesis ion
emu pk6 w/ mo phatt expansion
yamaha motif es rack
safe sound audio p1 channel strip
art power conditioner
360 systems midi patcher
3" foam and bass traps
mxl v6 mic ( the golden mic haha)
yamaha psr-410 (the "sleeper" midi controller.. fuc all them new controllers ..this ol skool board can do shit the new ones cant)

holmez, just a small suggestion. Swap the mpc with the monitor, dont look into the monitor when you're in the hotspot. When you situate the monitor at the location of the mpc you might even have enough space to drop the Ion under the monitor and have space for mouse and keys ( but I could be wrong lol ).

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
why is that .. dont look in to the monitor at the hotspot ? ... just curious .... i cant set it up that way though .. i need to be able to touch the mpc (left hand) and the keyboard rack( right hand) at the same time and if i move the mpc over there my arms cant reach .. it will mess up my workflow... actually maybe i could swap the computer with the turntable.. but then again i dont like the idea of having the turntable that close to the speakers...

missc - yeah the pk-6 is dope ... prolly my fav board def the best one to use in terms of workflow ... very unusual sounds.. some extremly cheesy, some dope.. but all unusual ......the board def has a sound of its own... which is a good thing

members online