Showcase - April 9-15, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
old one to introduce yall to my sound, i get bored veery easily and dont really like to stick too much to preconceptions about genre. if its bumpin im in it, heres "Peace Totem"

Kod4R

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 19
Yo, im sorry that im too late with my second reply, but i was too busy these days..
Thanks to all for the feedback on my sample flip, i really appreciate it!

@marv.B.rockin that's dooope sample, i think you should have made it more like boom bap, without those fast hihats and clappy snare.. but it's good like this too..
@Matt-D that beat has good vibe man! really good job done!
@dBtheProducer oooohh brooo.. that gangsta jazz is one of the greatest beats i've heard!! i fckin love it!
@8O8 beats really good beat man! i love how you've chopped the sample, the rhytm is driving me like im in a cadillac! good job! btw.. the singer is Grover Washington Jr. and the song is Just the two of us!

And, also i want to say sorry for those who provided trap beats cause im dont like the trap too much, and i dont know how and what to provide feedback to it.. but i appreciate all your tries to be good producers! Peace!

producervibes

Battle Points: 56
its a snowy day, yes its snowing here in virginia and its f***ing april!...i have a beat id like to share, but first ill give some feedback

@Matt-D kinda psycadelic and outer space funk-ish...in that aspect im really digging the beat it reminds me of parliament ... more a fun sound to it i dont have much negative to say about this, overall i had fun listening to this nice work

@Klypse nice work chopping this flute appropriatley, it goes good with your drum swing, nice chill vibe, kind f reminds me of a goonies soundtrack or something, i see where changeup was for the hook? but it just lacked a little energy, maybe some more percussion or some light crashes to give it that epic feel...overall nice sample choice...i think with a little more time and TLC this could def have potential to be a serious banger...nice work

@Kod4R dope sample flip, ive heard this sampled so many times and done in so many differnt ways but this actuallly came to be really nice clean and dope, nice work my friend!

heres my beat, thanks!

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe>

Oldie but gooldie, what to say sound like it was from some 90's mix tape cassete. Very nice man.

producervibes

Battle Points: 56
Hey guys, hope you starting good the week, got a fresh chill trap beat for you guys. But first some feedback for the illest!

@Matt-D can't say I really like this one the entrance seems a bit sketchy and the sample it's not my favorite but I love the vibe you got man keep that up!

@dBtheProducer man I'm loving this one I'm smoking and listening to this and it sounds so dope perfect drums love the breaks and the sample was so smooth. Fire bro.

@Kod4R fire man real fire, I like all of it the buildup was so cool and that vocal is simply perfect. Good work !

Heres my chill trap for da week !

Melody is very nice, but drums are quite in back ( specialy snare and hats ), in trap music all your drums and percussion need to be "in front" and louder then rest. Also missing some nice subby slide 808 there in my oppinion.

BORIS

DAT DOPE BEATS
Battle Points: 1
Melody is very nice, but drums are quite in back ( specialy snare and hats ), in trap music all your drums and percussion need to be "in front" and louder then rest. Also missing some nice subby slide 808 there in my oppinion.

Thanks man, that's some good feedback and definitely gonna keep that in mind.

Your beat sounds super good for sure, loving those drums , and the melody fits super well, maybe I just like a very small bit of variation on the melody.. Besides that I really love it.

BORIS

DAT DOPE BEATS
Battle Points: 1
@BORIS awesome vibes from this one!!!...its dreamy and im loving the work you put in on the change up... drum pattern is spot on too... the electric guitar was a real nice touch, mixed very well and im really digging this beat man nice work...

@GRTBTZ i appreciate that homie!!! listening to this beat at first through me off...but i have a feeling thats exactly what you wanted us to experience so i let the beat ride to see how i feel...
...this is a very unique outside of the box thinking type of beat...i love that alot and this offset tone you have in this beat is dope ... step back is a good name for this beat too... very nice work

@Chad thanks for checking out my beat bro, hope all is well...wow reasonable doubt? thats an awesome comparison, some of my favorite producers are back from that era (the alchemist, dj premier, large professor, etc...)...i hear your traditional trap style drum patterns and changes, i hear the low pass filters and the drops but im just not in love with that synth sound....still think this is a good beat though bro nice work

@Matt-D classic looping style beat...very retro with the style and technique...im loving that...for what it is i really like the sample choice and im not sure how old this is (because you mentioned this is an old beat) but im sure if you cleaned up the small details in the sample chops this would def be a banger...keep it up brother! nice work!

here is another beat i made,

**want to know a secret?**...
... im terrible with coming up with instrumental title names
:shock:​

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe>

Thanks man, really appreciate it when people love these chill stuff and I really liked your beat, just think you could chopped the melody on the main part a bit different, and you could bring up the mid/high end of the sample maybe but the rest is really smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online