Showcase - August 13-19, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

18thDynasty

Hip Hop Advocate
Battle Points: 39

Im completely new to this, but here are two beats i've tried to put together would appreciate some feedback.

@VCF

Im completely new to this, but here are two beats i've tried to put together would appreciate some feedback.

@VCFan1001 welcome!! I am digging the sample for the Holidays beat. The beat could be spiced up by adding a simple drum pattern over the sample. Also, because it is a dope loop, I'd suggest adding a one bar change up at the end of the loop. I usually do that when I find a killer sample that does not need to be chopped.

I can not wait to hear more of your music in the near future...Peace

@VCF

@VCFan1001 welcome!! I am digging the sample for the Holidays beat. The beat could be spiced up by adding a simple drum pattern over the sample. Also, because it is a dope loop, I'd suggest adding a one bar change up at the end of the loop. I usually do that when I find a killer sample that does not need to be chopped.

I can not wait to hear more of your music in the near future...Peace
@VCFan1001 , Welcome to illmuzik. i really have to agree with @18thDynasty. i couldn't have said it any better...you need more than just the loop...dope concept but it really needs a dope beat on it

18thDynasty

Hip Hop Advocate
Battle Points: 39
We all were the same way when we first joined..but take advantage of everything this has to offer..we are here to help bruh..no egos here..but we do like to compete with each other..lol

@VCFan1001 the must challenging part is over to tell you the truth. You have already shared your ideas and talents with us. If you need any assistance, feel free to ask me or some of the other folks here. By helping others, I will being learning and growing as a producer too.

Hang in there and continue to enjoy the process.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@D-c.o.p : I thought the 808 was a little too up front at the very start of the beat but it fits well at other parts of the beat. Personally, I also thought the hi hats were a little too dry, some delay or reverb might make them fit better. I like the piano melody though and the overall arrangement. Good work on this.

@DEEZ BEATZ : I like the beat, it's very well arranged and I like the emphasis on the bass. No complaints from me

@NONONSENSEBEATS : I really like the West Coast vibe of the synths and the keys, the timbre of the two go well together. I think the keys could be mixed better by adding some reverb to them so that hey sound more in the back of the mix.

@Desbow : I really like this beat, nice sampling and nice mix. Great work.

@VCFan1001 : I thought Second Beat was a good concept but it needs to be fully fleshed out and be mixed better. I could see it being dope though. I really like Holidays as far as the sample work goes but I think it needs a more interesting drum track to go with it. Nice work

@Collapse : I think the kick can be brought up more in the mix but overall it's a good beat. Great work.

@18thDynasty : I like the beat and the mix too, it reminds me of something from the 90s. Great job

Here's mine:

Last edited:
@D-c.o.p : I thought the 808 was a little too up front at the very start of the beat but it fits well at other parts of the beat. Personally, I also thought the hi hats were a little too dry, some delay or reverb might make them fit better. I like the piano melody though and the overall arrangement. Good work on this.

@DEEZ BEATZ : I like the beat, it's very well arranged and I like the emphasis on the bass. No complaints from me

@NONONSENSEBEATS : I really like the West Coast vibe of the synths and the keys, the timbre of the two go well together. I think the keys could be mixed better by adding some reverb to them so that hey sound more in the back of the mix.

@Desbow : I really like this beat, nice sampling and nice mix. Great work.

@VCFan1001 : I thought Second Beat was a good concept but it needs to be fully fleshed out and be mixed better. I could see it being dope though. I really like Holidays as far as the sample work goes but I think it needs a more interesting drum track to go with it. Nice work

@Collapse : I think the kick can be brought up more in the mix but overall it's a good beat. Great work.

@18thDynasty : I like the beat and the mix too, it reminds me of something from the 90s. Great job

Here's mine:

@Chad , what's up haven't seen you around for awhile.
This track is very interesting..I like it but there is something going on with the drum beat. It seems a bit out of sync here and there, but I like everything else...nice work

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@DEEZ BEATZ : Thanks for the feedback, and yeah I had a summer class, was finishing up my internship, and was working so I didn't have a lot of time to make beats or post on here to get feedback

I decreased the kick a bit so it wouldn't clash with the 808, which I think might have been what you were talking about. Tell me what ya'll think.

@DEEZ BEATZ : Thanks for the feedback, and yeah I had a summer class, was finishing up my internship, and was working so I didn't have a lot of time to make beats or post on here to get feedback

I decreased the kick a bit so it wouldn't clash with the 808, which I think might have been what you were talking about. Tell me what ya'll think.

Yeah, now that's a lot better..great work bruh... it's funny, no matter how can good we are there is always that one beat you have to give extra attention to..lol

I STARTED MAKING A SIMPLE BEAT IN HONOR OF ARETHA FRANKLIN AND THEN I GOT INTO SOME OLD SCHOOL SAMPLES AND MADE ANOTHER BEAT WITH NORMAN CONNORS "STARSHIP"..
Nothing here yet.

Nothing here yet.

Johni Cleveland

Rhythmist, and sound Arcivist.
Battle Points: 22
@NONONSENSEBEATS : LOVE the West Coast vibe of the instruments you used they mesh very well together. Drums are nice and on point.

@Desbow : Fresh sampling and mix. That's some groovy stuff.

@Collapse : This is good maybe more low end or punch on the kicks?

@18thDynasty : Love the vibes on this reminds me of some Nas Illmatic.

Heres my latest.

.calm

@18thDynasty : deff handed out a nas vibe imo. good ish

@Chad : digging this a lot. cut the bass a bit? sounds like parts are overlapping to me.

@Matt-D : This..yea..this right here.. :up2::up2:

@Collapse : nice sound selection. maybe fill it up with some more percussion etc.

@DEEZ BEATZ : If that Aretha sample doesn't get you movin then i'm afraid theres no hope for ya. Loving this one right here. I was waiting for a drop tho. I know your drum pat's are up there.

Starship is beautiful my brother. Those chops are on point. I'd love to add this to my vault to bump.

@Johni Cleveland : The vibe is out of this world brother. Is there anyway to get this??? ( rather not rip it )

I came across some mais Preem samples...with alcohol..

Edit: uploaded here.

Last edited:
@18thDynasty : deff handed out a nas vibe imo. good ish

@Chad : digging this a lot. cut the bass a bit? sounds like parts are overlapping to me.

@Matt-D : This..yea..this right here.. :up2::up2:

@Collapse : nice sound selection. maybe fill it up with some more percussion etc.

@DEEZ BEATZ : If that Aretha sample doesn't get you movin then i'm afraid theres no hope for ya. Loving this one right here. I was waiting for a drop tho. I know your drum pat's are up there.

Starship is beautiful my brother. Those chops are on point. I'd love to add this to my vault to bump.

@Johni Cleveland : The vibe is out of this world brother. Is there anyway to get this??? ( rather not rip it )

I came across some mais Preem samples...with alcohol..

Edit: uploaded here.

@.calm , LoL thanks for the props on Aretha and starship, I really appreciate that... Bruh, I love Uncle Mai's. That wavy sound for that sample is Boss and the beat is steady for a minute then you threw a splash of hype at the end. Great work and yes you can add it to your vault...

Status
Not open for further replies.