Showcase - August 17-23, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Marc Duncan very cool vocal chops in the hook,very pretty glittery bells playing, think the beat could do with a switch up or something but its really solid i also really like how the hats act almost like percussion, nice work

here me newest

EffectProd_

hey guys can i get some feedback. btw when i export my beat in to a gif or a photo my 808s kinda have a crackling sound idk if it's my kicks and 808s fighting or my 808 is too loud.i managed to reduce the crackling sound but you can still kinda hear it faintly just hoping you guys can help out im new to this lol

Nice beat

@Marc Duncan very cool vocal chops in the hook,very pretty glittery bells playing, think the beat could do with a switch up or something but its really solid i also really like how the hats act almost like percussion, nice work

here me newest

Beautiful as always. :D Very delicate and sophisticated phrasing. I like the mood of this instrumental because it's kinda hard to call it a beat. It reminds me a lot about band Garbage. They play alternative rock/alternative pop and they are one of my favourite bands. :D

Overall, incredible job. :D I love it. :)

hey guys can i get some feedback. btw when i export my beat in to a gif or a photo my 808s kinda have a crackling sound idk if it's my kicks and 808s fighting or my 808 is too loud.i managed to reduce the crackling sound but you can still kinda hear it faintly just hoping you guys can help out im new to this lol

I like that moment at 0:52. :D Very nice melody. I'm tempted to do an interpolation of it. :p Again you have to work on arrangement of your beats as it gets repetitive. But I can hear progress when it comes to structuring your drums. Nevertheless, they also need more work. I mean you have to work on the flow. It must flow and the listener must flow with it. You will get better so don't worry but you need to practice :D

As far as cracking is concerned, I would like to know what you mean by rendering your beat into gif or photo? Is that even possible? :D I have to say that I'm listening to this beat on Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO and that it's hard for me to hear it to be honest.

Everything has to be done in mixing stage. Always mix your beats quietly. I mean you have to bring all the channels in your mixer down to -16, -18 dB and then turn up the volume on your PC or in your audio interface all the way up. This way you can level them without worrying about the fact that some of them will go above 0 dB and get distorted. Once you have your levels set you can proceed to multiband compression and mastering. At least this my way of doing it. I learned it from Mr Different TV (it's a channel on YouTube and this guy has a lot of useful tips). I hope that helps.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Memento Beats yeah i find it very hard to stick yo a genre so i kind of just make what ever i'm feeling i agree it's not really beat but i enjoy posting here :D, appriciate your feedback as always :) (srsly thank you so much! ) oh and i friggin love depressing alt rock hahaha

anyway your production values and mixing are pretty much professional standard, dont have a lot to criticize here great composition great drums and great 808, like you mentioned to @EffectProd_ making a track flow is everything and this really flows example being the flitered quiter section at ca 2 min just adds a really cool dynamic while still keeping with the theme of the track nice work my man :)

@EffectProd_

As far the beat is concerned i like the melody, if your gonna use an 808 i think you should do something more interesting with it like hitting different notes etc a way to do this and make it be in key is to write the 808 melody a few octaves higher and then drop it down after since it can be hard to hear if low freq notes are in key or not on the other hand you could just keep it simple and use a regular kick while your learning. like @Memento Beats said needs some work on the composition department to make it flow but again all that is really needed is practice :)

ok so what the hell do you mean export your beat into a gif ? you should only be exporting it as a WAV if your gonna upload it to youtube or soundcloud or an mp3 for battles and stuff on this site, then export it to either an editing software like resolve so you can add a background image or musicvid.org were you can do the same but you get a funky graphic to go with, i also have the same headphones as @Memento Beats and can't really say i noticed but if it's there it could either be 1 the sample has some crackle in it i which you can fix with eq 2 its peaking making it get distorted or 3 its only in the daw cuz of drivers during playback anyway best of luck my dude :D

OMAR.

Battle Points: 5
@Marc Duncan this is super hot. i really love it. Mix is straight clear and that vocals u sampled are perfect. i'd change anything. GOOD JOB

@Crispifier bro i really enjoyd it. this give me some chill vibes. this more classical peace than hip hop beat. anyways really good composed. keep it up

@EffectProd_ this is really hard to jugde or critize becuz im not really into trap. but i think the kick or 808 is to over compressed or just to loud i dont know. just keep improving dude

@Memento Beats
good banger. this really good. that 808 is dope as. killed. but for my taste i'd use less strings. amyways well done as i expected

@EsquireMusic111
this is dope! vocals pretty dope. synths and piano is hella nice. i dont know but the snare bothers me bit. i thinks its a bit to loud.

Videsan

Æsthetic flavor
@Marc Duncan nice sense of space in your mix, vibin hard at those drums. personally, those hats are good even tho i preffer high pitch hats. apart from that u got sum :fire:

@Crispifier Waaaaw ur drumkit is so good, nice hats, gave me a pinkfloyd-pulse vibe. pleasant grove and sound 2

@EffectProd_ Overall, i enjoyed ur melody (harddd) and drum pattern, but i think theres a frequency at your hihats way too noisy for the mix, sounds like a buzz, mayb from resonance at some filter idk, i would check on that, its kinda anoying

@Memento Beats First of all, thankz 4 that reco, havent heard about this garbage stuff (lol), diggin into it already.
that lead straight fire :fire::fire: got me bouncing along the most of the beat, dope808 u already knoww, mix on point.

@EsquireMusic111 Dope beat, but snare is too loud and crasshyy, i would compressss

@OMAR. ma' man, u got that saucy boombap :fire::fire: that i really like to get loose at when having a sesh in the hood and just spit it out :alien::alien: u know

Videsan

Æsthetic flavor
aye yooo, came up with this, mixing quite not finished though. Every word on it, its very aprecciated. Stay safe ppl

i also have the same headphones as @Memento Beats

Brother! :D

Thank you @Crispifier @OMAR. @Trunkz for feedback. :D I appreciate it a lot.

@OMAR. Great boom bap as always. Not a single I could critiscise here. Very good sounding piano, drums that make your head bounce. Great job.

@Trunkz Interesting. 808 slightly panned to the left from what I can hear. Nice hihat work. Nice structure of the beat. Overall it's good but mix needs cleaning.

I think the biggest thing here is structure that needs to worked on. Start of with on instrument to introduce the beat, for maybe 4 to 8 bars depending on your tempo, bring another instument after..than silence it for a a sec or two, than boom hit them with the full beat.

SENPAI NOTICED ME ! :D

DeliciousCommonCowbird-size_restricted.gif

You have changed your style?

Not necessarily :D I just want to develop my YouTube channel and expand my catalogue of let's call it "beats for rappers". This is way these beats are more subdued and much quieter than my other productions and not overloaded with sounds but I also make aggressive bangers for rappers. You can check my YouTube and you will see. :) Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you like my beat. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online