Showcase - August 20-26, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alejandro

AleVFX
@C4NTK33P5T1LL I liked your beat at the beginning because the feelings and the atmosphere created by your beat are good but the beat by itself in long term is too static. It feels that it could have been something more than this. I think you should add more variations.
@Collapse I'll define your beat good but non exceptional. I think if you change something it could be more than good. That's because by itself sound good, the melody is ok , and the drums are great for a trap style. But I think that after some minutes the variations are kind of repetitive because after all them don't change anything they just stop the beat for a while and after that it begins again indentical from before except for the variation from 3:20. This made me feel kinda lost because it seemed that the track finished and you put another one after it. It is original but it's too different the variation from the rest of the track and I think somone would feel lost in that part of the song because of this.

Alejandro

AleVFX

Ok , the story of this track is strange. I need to precise that this track is made 100% on a cellphone because of my broken PC cable so I composed , kinda mixed it and rendered all on the phone. I made it all on step sequencer and I haven't even used a MIDI keyboard for it. So please keep in mind that while listening it. I'm just curious of what do you think about it because of the different approach I took making it.

@C4NTK33P5T1LL , I definitely can hear the difference in quality...i love the live guitar riffs..and the beat is dope and steady..definitely a head nodder..way to raise your skill level bruh
@Collapse , dope beat bruh...i would definitely keep this and tighten up the editing just a little not much, it's just that some parts didn't sound too good with the original beat you started with..but trust me it's all good...there will be a halloween theme Beat This! coming up in october so definitely think about it. overall i liked it a lot
@Alejandro , i hear what your trying to do..but honestly it's not working for me bruh and i listened to it twice..sorry

WELL here is my track for today..leave your opinions, i really have been diggin this lo-fi sound..sounds so smooth..it's something to blaze to

Nothing here yet.

C4NTK33P5T1LL

I O U a clever tagline signed me
Battle Points: 200
@Collapse Nice Lift This Pal I Have Loved That Michael Myers Tune Ever Since I Was A Kid Love How You Have Changed It Up Here & There N All , Wasn't To Keen On That Little Break Down But I'm A Sucker For Repetition
Solid Mix
@Alejandro Cool How This Was Made On A Phone That's How I Started Arranging. Not All That Into The Track But Considering It Was Made On A Phone It's Got Merit Cos There's Only So Much Ya Can Do
@DEEZ BEATZ Got A Orient/ Animae /Studio Ghibli Type Charm To It This , Defo Not What I Was Expecting , Sounds Like You Put A Warped Vinyl Element On The Music But It Sits Really Nicely In The Mix With The Drums Which Have The Dust N Wear Feel To Them
Liked It Really Cool & Original ,Could Defo Pop A Few Valium & Relax To This :woot:

@Collapse Nice Lift This Pal I Have Loved That Michael Myers Tune Ever Since I Was A Kid Love How You Have Changed It Up Here & There N All , Wasn't To Keen On That Little Break Down But I'm A Sucker For Repetition
Solid Mix
@Alejandro Cool How This Was Made On A Phone That's How I Started Arranging. Not All That Into The Track But Considering It Was Made On A Phone It's Got Merit Cos There's Only So Much Ya Can Do
@DEEZ BEATZ Got A Orient/ Animae /Studio Ghibli Type Charm To It This , Defo Not What I Was Expecting , Sounds Like You Put A Warped Vinyl Element On The Music But It Sits Really Nicely In The Mix With The Drums Which Have The Dust N Wear Feel To Them
Liked It Really Cool & Original ,Could Defo Pop A Few Valium & Relax To This :woot:
@C4NTK33P5T1LL , thanks bruh. I'm kinda into that creation mode..where I try to go outside my comfort zone..;)

Taron

Noone really
Battle Points: 2
@C4NTK33P5T1LL Your name is so goddamn hard to spell correctly, anyways, I can tell you've been listening to so much Doom it cant be healthy, but yeah its nice, smooth and chilled out. Im not a big fan of guitar in a hip hop beat but this one works. Maybe knock up the kicks a little bit next time, just so it has a bit of a punch to it, if that's something you don't want and you just want the laid back low key thing, then its awesome.
@Collapse It's not bad, but the thing is that the Halloween intro music gets sampled so much that Id bet somebody out there has already made the exact same beat, Im not saying that you didnt make it :D Im just saying that its very basic, try to experiment a little.
@DEEZ BEATZ Very nice, upbeat track there, if you took the heavier bass out of it, it would sound just like a video game OST. Anyways, I like it a lot, not much to point out.
@Alejandro Its kinda cool, I dont know what kinda mastering you can do on a phone, but the synth or whatever it is around the second half of the track didnt seem like it fit in that well and overall the track seemed just a little too boring for me, idk.

So I've been trying to experiment a little with some sounds I haven't used before and idk if I went too overboard with it or if its actually any good. Would love any feedback, so if you've got something bad to say about it, always hit me with it, Im open to anything. Meth Trips

.calm

@C4NTK33P5T1LL : I was vibing to this all morning :up2::up2:

@Collapse : I was really into that intro. try switching up the keys and drums a bit more. nice work

@Alejandro : Wasn't feeling it homie. try again..i know you can do better with another app.

@DEEZ BEATZ : really tho.. just gonna casually drop this filthy wave.. like nothing happened..:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
* vault add please:up2::up2::up2:

@Taron : interesting.. wasn't into the bass but if the title means anything I get it.:up2:

so today I found out what its like to make 3 separate beats in the same project file then try clashing them together to form a somewhat organized mess of sounds.. GL

-Brought to you by .calm.wine

.calm

@Thee C.E.O. you may wanna take a listen to others and drop some feedback before the post gets scrapped. anyway the beat was cool. I could feel the 4x galaxy tee with girbaud jeans grow across my ears. im digging it maybe drop the backround vocal a bit more with the hook. keep getting it bruh:up2:

I know illmuzik forums aint sleep... wheres the beats?

i cant leave my vox/chant folder for some reason. heres a quick sample of my current state of madness.

Thee C.E.O.

ill o.g.
@Thee C.E.O. you may wanna take a listen to others and drop some feedback before the post gets scrapped. anyway the beat was cool. I could feel the 4x galaxy tee with girbaud jeans grow across my ears. im digging it maybe drop the backround vocal a bit more with the hook. keep getting it bruh:up2:

I know illmuzik forums aint sleep... wheres the beats?

i cant leave my vox/chant folder for some reason. heres a quick sample of my current state of madness.

LOL thanks bra respect

C4NTK33P5T1LL

I O U a clever tagline signed me
Battle Points: 200
@.calm Liked The Wine Track Especially That Voc Scratch Break Down It Gave The Sleepy Keys A Lot Of Energy Also The Drums Were Solid I Get The Impression You Got A Bit Of Crazyness In Your Music Which Is Always Welcome
@Taron I Reckon Ya Got The Foundation Of Something Good Here I Would Of Loved An Aggressive Dub Step Type Reece Bass & A Harsh Drill Synth Towards The End Would Of Sold The Whole Meth Driven Wig Out Thing I'm Probably Getting Ahead Of Myself , But Overall I Liked The Drums & The Melody & The Whole Experimenting With The Unknown Is Much Respected On This End

dBtheProducer

Autism Dad, I Use FL Studio
Battle Points: 89
sup its hot out im hungry asf heres my feedback check out my beat thanks :biggrin:

@C4NTK33P5T1LL johnny cash sample?... I like what im hearing so far this has a lot of life to it and sounds like it comes from somewhere real...this had room to really get a good rhytym going I think the drums could've used more change up parts but besides this is by far my favorite beat ive heard from you nice work

@Collapse you want feedback, u gotta leave feedback bro

@Alejandro cell phone beat, nice! I don't have any experience in making beats on a mobile device so I don't know really how to leave feedback to something like this...ill say this though the samples/sounds used in this sound cool but yet a little outdated not in love with the drum line but this has the basics of a hip hop beat all down so kudos for coming up with a solid beat on your phone man :up2:

@DEEZ BEATZ nice vibe using the low percs this has a hotline bling kind of swag to it, I cant rwally think of anything you could add to make this sound even better tbh this sounds great just the way it is, loving the lofi sound of this great work

@Taron hey not my style of music but I notice all the details put into the change ups in the drums and music but this is lacking a sense of directon, theres no topic or anything that pops into my head when I hear this it kinda comes across a little chaotic

@Thee C.E.O. leave f.e.e.d.b.a.c.k. to get f.e.e.d.b.a.c.k.

@.calm sup man nice to meet ya...loving the intro so far, this beat is suprising it goes from calm to lit and I wasn't expecting that, the keys alone throw the track in one direction and the drums throws into another direction, find the right balance and medium to this and you will consistant killer beats my friend

heres my beat pz

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe>​

sup its hot out im hungry asf heres my feedback check out my beat thanks :biggrin:

@C4NTK33P5T1LL johnny cash sample?... I like what im hearing so far this has a lot of life to it and sounds like it comes from somewhere real...this had room to really get a good rhytym going I think the drums could've used more change up parts but besides this is by far my favorite beat ive heard from you nice work

@Collapse you want feedback, u gotta leave feedback bro

@Alejandro cell phone beat, nice! I don't have any experience in making beats on a mobile device so I don't know really how to leave feedback to something like this...ill say this though the samples/sounds used in this sound cool but yet a little outdated not in love with the drum line but this has the basics of a hip hop beat all down so kudos for coming up with a solid beat on your phone man :up2:

@DEEZ BEATZ nice vibe using the low percs this has a hotline bling kind of swag to it, I cant rwally think of anything you could add to make this sound even better tbh this sounds great just the way it is, loving the lofi sound of this great work

@Taron hey not my style of music but I notice all the details put into the change ups in the drums and music but this is lacking a sense of directon, theres no topic or anything that pops into my head when I hear this it kinda comes across a little chaotic

@Thee C.E.O. leave f.e.e.d.b.a.c.k. to get f.e.e.d.b.a.c.k.

@.calm sup man nice to meet ya...loving the intro so far, this beat is suprising it goes from calm to lit and I wasn't expecting that, the keys alone throw the track in one direction and the drums throws into another direction, find the right balance and medium to this and you will consistant killer beats my friend

heres my beat pz

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe>​

@dBtheProducer , love that sound bruh... it's that "this is my city" sound.. cinematic hip hop is dope..great work bruh...and thanks for the props

Status
Not open for further replies.