Showcase - August 20-26, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
@EsquireMusic111 beat has a very chill vibe to it, on sum Travis $cott shyt lowkey, good for meditative/comtemplative raps

@dBtheProducer very Onra/Madlib/Alchemist type beat going on here, I love it!! Smooth with all of the right transitions.

Aight, here's sum more dopeness, enjoy!!
I wanted to go with a nice, old-school vibe, and I really think I got the results I wanted

Halle

@C4NTK33P5T1LL - this beat is hard. nuff said.
@Collapse - I liked the idea behind the beat. Honestly it got a little repetitive after a while. But overall I like where you were going with the beat.
@Alejandro - Its cool that you made it on your phone, but I was a little confused as to what rapper would rap to that. The synth sound was a cool selection tho.
@Taron - I wasnt a big fan of it. Im sorry.
@.calm -I really like the work you put out. S**t is dope. Both tracks are fire.
@EsquireMusic111 -I think this was my favorite out of all the beats. Smooth.
@DEEZ BEATZ - fireeeeeeeee. I been listening to your work lately. respect.
@dBtheProducer - I liked this a lot. It had a Wu Tang feel to it in the melody with some solid drums.

If yall could give some feedback that would be great! This is my first track post on here from this newbie.

.calm

Thanks for the listen!:up2::up2:

@qoqo.da.zrdsmth : Beautiful tracks homie. really digging the vibe and those drums:up2: got me bumpin at 8am.

@EsquireMusic111 : I dig it..raise/tune that kick a bit and we're good to go.

@dBtheProducer : sup homie. Thanks for the feedback. I'm into this a lot. Add A bit more bounce with the drums/hats to liven it up especially towards the middle.good work:up2:

@Unknown: Its fire but lacks abit after the first 16. More layers?

@Halle: Thanks for the feedback homie. I like what you got so far. Raise the kick/cut it. I hear some overlapping down there. A couple of the chants are slightly off. Try switching up the drums abit more so it doesn't get stale. nice work tho:up2:

@VCFan1001 : that bap tho.. I see you homie:up2::up2::up2::up2:

I'm still working on sampling..The goal for me is to make a completely new groove while maintaining some if not all the samples original sound. Here's some more choppin. ( sample is from Mohammad Nouri )

@Fade : you started this..

Last edited:

Kod4R

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 19
@C4NTK33P5T1LL that's dope sample, but i think the rhytm should be more louder...
@qoqo.da.zrdsmth the first beat is so dope & chill beat bro.. but i think you should have added some intro :D the second one is dope too, but i think it's too fast..
@dBtheProducer great beat as always bro! i like that sample, and i fckn love the bass line!

This is my latest beat, hope you'll like it...

@C4NTK33P5T1LL : I was vibing to this all morning :up2::up2:

@Collapse : I was really into that intro. try switching up the keys and drums a bit more. nice work

@Alejandro : Wasn't feeling it homie. try again..i know you can do better with another app.

@DEEZ BEATZ : really tho.. just gonna casually drop this filthy wave.. like nothing happened..:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
* vault add please:up2::up2::up2:

@Taron : interesting.. wasn't into the bass but if the title means anything I get it.:up2:

so today I found out what its like to make 3 separate beats in the same project file then try clashing them together to form a somewhat organized mess of sounds.. GL

-Brought to you by .calm.wine

@.calm , yes add it to the vault:up2::up2::up2:;)

@C4NTK33P5T1LL - this beat is hard. nuff said.
@Collapse - I liked the idea behind the beat. Honestly it got a little repetitive after a while. But overall I like where you were going with the beat.
@Alejandro - Its cool that you made it on your phone, but I was a little confused as to what rapper would rap to that. The synth sound was a cool selection tho.
@Taron - I wasnt a big fan of it. Im sorry.
@.calm -I really like the work you put out. S**t is dope. Both tracks are fire.
@EsquireMusic111 -I think this was my favorite out of all the beats. Smooth.
@DEEZ BEATZ - fireeeeeeeee. I been listening to your work lately. respect.
@dBtheProducer - I liked this a lot. It had a Wu Tang feel to it in the melody with some solid drums.

If yall could give some feedback that would be great! This is my first track post on here from this newbie.

@Halle , nice banger!!!!! very dope...love the samples...would like to hear the chopped vocals come forward a little...but this is a definite banger...great work

@qoqo.da.zrdsmth : Beautiful tracks homie. really digging the vibe and those drums:up2: got me bumpin at 8am.

@dBtheProducer : sup homie. Thanks for the feedback. I'm into this a lot. Add A bit more bounce with the drums/hats to liven it up especially towards the middle.good work:up2:

@Halle: Thanks for the feedback homie. I like what you got so far. Raise the kick/cut it. I hear some overlapping down there. A couple of the chants are slightly off. Try switching up the drums abit more so it doesn't get stale. nice work tho:up2:

I'm still working on sampling..The goal for me is to make a completely new groove while maintaining some if not all the samples original sound. Here's some more choppin. ( sample is from Mohammad Nouri )

@.calm , this is sick af..abstact beats are dope. great work

VCFan1001

appreciate it that's the style I'm interested in. I messed around with it a little and added a baseline and hihats

Last edited:

beigeLA

@C4NTK33P5T1LL - nice vibe..personally i'd prolly bring the drums up in the mix...or isolate some of the frequencies so they pop thru better
@Alejandro - think it's dope you did this on a phone, not really a fan of this style but props for the effort
@DEEZ BEATZ - dig it. drums gotta nice snap to em. 808's sound good. the overall mix was well balanced. I wouldn't say it's a "lo-fi" beat, has some elements, but issa cool and chill track regardless.
@Taron - rhythmically it's coo, work on leveling your mix and it'd sound quite modern imo
@.calm - drum programming was interesting.. a bass line woulda added a much needed element i feel. cool tho, different.
@dBtheProducer - that samples ill.. i'd pick different drum sounds and work on the mix a bit more and that tracks golden, ready for vox. oh and just my opinion but i'd bring the bass in rite when the drums start. either way, it's coo.

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe>

.calm

Thanks for the plays:up2:

@Kod4R : nice sample work. very clean overall. my ears say adding a breakdown or alternating patterns but eitherway good ish:up2:

@VCFan1001 : :up2::up2: keep em comin..

@beigeLA : Thanks for the feedback. final version has bass and a bit more. you sounds intrigue me.. very interesting indeed..:biggrin:

@Unknown : check others homie.

you're pretty much good to go I would only suggest changing your overall sound selection. Its tuff but very familiar feel me? good ish eitherway:up2::up2:

Teletubbies flip coming soon..;)

@C4NTK33P5T1LL that's dope sample, but i think the rhytm should be more louder...
@qoqo.da.zrdsmth the first beat is so dope & chill beat bro.. but i think you should have added some intro :D the second one is dope too, but i think it's too fast..
@dBtheProducer great beat as always bro! i like that sample, and i fckn love the bass line!

This is my latest beat, hope you'll like it...

I totally get what you mean about the first beat...you ever have that one beat that just sounds so dope u hi-key FORGOT to put an intro..lol but i totally get u bro. As for the second one, what do you mean by "too fast"?

@Kod4R da beat is dope, but if the beat is gonna stay relatively the same, add more to the beat as it goes along, or have moments where the drums stop, or the sample stops and the beat keeps going. Every 4 - 8 beats, add something like percussion or bass or SFX is all I'm saying

@Collapse Loving the the overall ambient unease.

@DEEZ BEATZ Same comment.. digging the dream chill..

@qoqo.da.zrdsmth Clean hip hop... Very clean.

Here's a little weird vibe for ya.....

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe>

@Kinematic , I like the beat a lot but that scratching sample is kind of annoying, and the melody is out of key..they need to be in the same key..I like the gong bell sound that's cool.. overall this track has potential. Just needs a little tweaking here and there...but it's just my opinion.. others might have a different opinion... keep Banging

Collapse

Ok , the story of this track is strange. I need to precise that this track is made 100% on a cellphone because of my broken PC cable so I composed , kinda mixed it and rendered all on the phone. I made it all on step sequencer and I haven't even used a MIDI keyboard for it. So please keep in mind that while listening it. I'm just curious of what do you think about it because of the different approach I took making it.

Alejandro, I see you’ve been working on your drum rhythms. Still need to focus on your melodies through. Try applying some attack to smooth out the melody in your pianos, experiment a little. What genre are you going for in your music?

Status
Not open for further replies.