Showcase - August 24-30, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Memento Beats this is fire! The only thing is I think the drums don’t knock enough, which is fine, but I think it’s got too much going on in the high end frequency. But the mix is on point just that one thing.
@Yogi Beatz very good beat! And the visual matches perfectly.

prodbeto

Prod. Beto
@Memento Beats Really enjoyed this one, man! I like listening to something more oldschool and I can definitely imagine someone singing with a beat like this. I liked the "yeeah" vocals you used, it fits with the kind of vocal I expect to a song like this.

@2GooD Productions About Boom Trap, I liked the instruments you used to create some melody variety, but I feel sometimes they sound a little bit disconnected. I can imagine it was a challenge to mix these diff styles and it worked fine, I would just add more simplicity to the melody. But I liked!

@Marc Duncan I liked those hihats, I would just work a little bit more on the melody, it's good but I think you could add some different chords. I wouldn't use that Mario Coin Effect IMO. The beat is good and it's a nice one to rap, by the way.

prodbeto

Prod. Beto
@Stoned Monk I like that experimental vibe, I could say it still hip hop, maybe some background thriller/action vibe, no something "singable"
I liked the instruments and the hihat progress, you did a good job, hope you try something like that more often.

BRuuuHhh aLl boOmBap sOunDS tHe sAme!!¡! :woot: :p:p
THE SAME.png

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot: Hahahahaahah :D Jk

Thank you very much. I'm glad you like it. :) Also thanks @Matt-D and @prodbeto :D

@prodbeto This beat has a little reggae vibe to me. :D Bass is very nice. Very thick and good sounding. I like it. The only thing that should be improved is arrangement as I think that the beat gets boring after a while. But I think with vocals it would be a different story. :) Overall, cool beat.

Started this about an hour before the submission for beat this, I think its better than the beat I actually entered. Shit happens.
@prodbeto I like the reggae vibe on this and the variations and fills are great. I think its missing a layer or two though, could really use a little accompaniment IMO. Nothing much, just maybe something that comes in during the fills, then drops out again.

@Stoned Monk I think the main synth pad is a little overwhelming, I would eq out some frequencies just to tame it a little. Apart from that I really like it, I like the drums and the variation. Stays interesting.

@Matt-D Starts out good, the beats are good, but the flow doesnt fit after the beat changes.

@Yogi Beatz This is a very dope beat, sounds very polished, has a commercial feel to it, captures emotion brilliantly.

@Memento Beats Im really not a fan of this style of beat, I never have been. Takes me right back to the old days of ill, was a lot of this type of beat back then. I find the whole style a bit repetitive and hard to vibe to

Last edited:
@2GooD Productions Thank you for your opinion. :)

Piano Too Late is really really cool. I like those little parts in the background when those electric guitar parts appear (at least they sound like electric guitar to me). Arrangement is very good, melody is also cool. Beat flows very nicely and it's not something that is always present in your productions in my opinion. Sometimes they are not like that. It happens mostly when you have rhythm like in that Boom Trap. It's something that personally I don't like, but Piano Too Late has everything I can ask for. :D Great job. :)

New one from me. :)

My first beat i put online, few times synths are off key but no other chord sounded alrght

I think the synth being slightly off key adds something nice to it. If the vocals are on key, that's a combination that can sound really good.

Only constructive feedback is I'd maybe have panned the synth/organ stabs slightly, to keep the centre from being cluttered.

This is a pre-master that I feel is coming pretty close to completion. I've aimed for a neo-soul/funk sound with a more electronic twist. It's my first attempt at the genre and pretty far out of my comfort zone, so I'd love some feedback, whether it be on arrangement or the mix.

EDIT: Beat has now been released, so mastered visualiser has been added below. Feedback still more than welcome, though.

Last edited:
This is a pre-master that I feel is coming pretty close to completion. I've aimed for a neo-soul/funk sound with a more electronic twist. It's my first attempt at the genre and pretty far out of my comfort zone, so I'd love some feedback, whether it be on arrangement or the mix. (Private link below)

Well, I'm not an expert in this genre so I would take my feedback with a pinch of salt if I were you. :D First of all, I would like to say that the whole track is not boring at all and I listened through it without any effort. I have to point that this breakdown around 2:00 is pretty surprising. I didn't expect that at all. :D Nice bassline in my opinion. I don't have much to critiscise here really. It's coherent production. It sounds like some mix of Daft Punk and Bruno Mars. All I can say is that in my opinion you are going in the right direction but I also reckon this track would sound better with some good vocalist on top of that. But I might be wrong. ;) Good job. :)

Nothing here yet.

@Memento Beats This is much better, although Im not too keen on the bass sample, I like the notes and pattern, just not the sound itself. Hats could be slightly louder in the mix. I like the strings, and the way you fade them in and out.

Very nice bass here :D Good structure and good mix. Nothing really to critiscise here. :)

Well, I'm not an expert in this genre so I would take my feedback with a pinch of salt if I were you. :D First of all, I would like to say that the whole track is not boring at all and I listened through it without any effort. I have to point that this breakdown around 2:00 is pretty surprising. I didn't expect that at all. :D Nice bassline in my opinion. I don't have much to critiscise here really. It's coherent production. It sounds like some mix of Daft Punk and Bruno Mars. All I can say is that in my opinion you are going in the right direction but I also reckon this track would sound better with some good vocalist on top of that. But I might be wrong. ;) Good job. :)

Very nice bass here :D Good structure and good mix. Nothing really to critiscise here. :)

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the positive feedback. "Mix of Daft Punk and Bruno Mars" is pretty much EXACTLY what I was aiming for, so I am stoked to hear that. And yep, I have left room for a vocalist. I'll have it up and available on BeatStars for now, in case someone likes it, but I might approach some local Aussie vocalists with it, too. I envisioned it with vocals and left some space for them. Unfortunately, I don't have a huge network of vocalists to go to, myself.

@Yogi Beatz I like your beat, very chilled. Good luck in the contest:)

I tried something experimental. Not sure if it's still Hip Hop, it's some kind of a weird crossover. Anyway I'm curious about your feedback

Has a real grungy vibe, it's cool man. I would add a bit more pressure to those drums.

Trying a different (happier) vibe this time. Any comments are welcomed.

I like the beat man, it's chill vibes. I really the graphic / image you got.
This is a pre-master that I feel is coming pretty close to completion. I've aimed for a neo-soul/funk sound with a more electronic twist. It's my first attempt at the genre and pretty far out of my comfort zone, so I'd love some feedback, whether it be on arrangement or the mix.

EDIT: Beat has now been released, so mastered visualiser has been added below. Feedback still more than welcome, though.

I dam near had a seizure watching this one. It's cool man, different vibe to the beat here, nice hearing something different.
My Beat This entry. Enjoy. :)

I come here just to hear momentos beats, another hitter man.

Status
Not open for further replies.