Showcase - August 5-11, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
@DJ Excellence love that old school vibe and the drums are on point.
@artisanaljuice love the uniqueness of the drums but that drop was on point! I honestly did not expect that which is why I like it so much.
Here is mine for the week off my instrumental album I just released

I’m loving the smooth boom bap vibe.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
@artisanaljuice Either the drums are too loud or should be dead centre in the mix. I like the idea though, I tried it myself once and got much worse results. Also that sample has had quite some mileage to it, just saying.

@Matt-D You were always nice with the synths, but this one is something else... love all the layering and everything meshes together well.

Here's a little beat I worked on last month, my first time putting the main sample directly into the FL playlist rather than in FPC...

This is really nice track Bro. Keep banging out.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
@artisanaljuice such a cool beat, I really dig the snare heavy beats, I'm actually really terrible at them myself but you crushed it. How'd you put that together if I may ask? Short version haha

I put together this idea today. Let me know what you think. Still new to mixing and stuff so let me know if something is glaringly bad to you because I have no idea haha

Listen to Aug 5 2019 2.mp3 by Rhetro Chips on #SoundCloud

Dope beat and change up. Very musical. I’m digging the vibe fr fr

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
I LOVE this beat man, its sounds real old school 90s rob/hip hop. How do you go about adding bounce/rhythm to your beats, I'm having a problem with my beats they all sound flat and dull. Any advice would be appreciated!!
This is a cool throw back joint. It just sounds like a lot going on at times. Maybe if it were structured in a better song format.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@TiSzY I'm definitely feelin that first beat!! Bout to download that, the vibe and the mix is on point.
@skidflow I like that main melody sound you used, it's very chilled and something I can ride out to. This beat is nice and clean I would like to hear what it would sound like with vocals.

Status
Not open for further replies.