Showcase - December 14-20, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@NANI beats love the drums they really knock!! The bass in this song really compliments it, you did a really good job of bringing it in at just the right moments in the arrangement. The mix is on point, and the vocalist did his thang. I like this definitely sounds professional.

@NANI beats Very good song :D I like the sound of drums but I love the sound of that sample that creates the melody. Vocals are mixed nice and they compliment the beat in a cool way. This song could be featured in some sports game like FIFA or NBA because in my opinion it would suit it perfectly. Great job. :D

@Matt-D At first I didn't read the title correctly and I thought you were going to cover Nothing Else Matters by Metallica :woot: I like this cover :D Good performance. I don't know whether you arranged those drums or you used a loop from the keys which you played on but I like their sound a lot. Also I liked the way you played it. Overall, nice job.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Matt-D i love hearing you play m8 sick cover real nice again your talent is insane :) you should cover nothing lese MATTers hahah @Memento Beats

@NANI beats dude this is sick i love that mc and that chill style fits him perfectly nice job on the mix it sounds REAL good that sample is really delicious

@Memento Beats ok so when you do oldschool it just speaks to my soul i friggin love changes real nice use of the vocal sample, everything sounds clean that low piano adds a lot, haha that dog on player man what a g its a real strong beat could hear you with them synths amazing slides on the 808 too nice breakdown at 1:37 Pills has a real erie feeling too it i really love that lead synth really zoned out too this one boujee hmm i fell like this one is the weakest on offer here just from personal taste standpoint its solid just something about the style and that wooden glock thing wasnt quite sitting right with me

to sum up all of them are top quality man, you're a legend ;)

here's mine finally got hold of bbc orchestra and got into the composing zone hahah @GoldenBoy really helped me out by mixing this, man is an absoloute hero! check him out

Last edited:

Wow, man thank you very much for these words :D It means a lot to me. :) Also thank you for detailed feedback. I appreciate it a lot.

As far as "Journey" is concerned, you had a great help because @GoldenBoy is an absolute beast when it comes to mixing and also very great guy. :D It has very epic sound. It sounds as if it was used in Gladiator by Ridley Scott or something :D Very clean mix, nice arrangement. I don't have much to say about it. It's an awesome piece of work but I know that whenever I hit the play button on your tracks I can expect only good music. :D

Also did you start using voice tag in your beats? :D

Flip G

Nzyte
I've been working at trying to get as good as possible at music during quarantine and I think it is starting to pay off... I'm learning a bunch from people on the internet... It is amazing that I can get better advice from random people on the internet that in person.

Please leave any advice you can as I'm still a work in progress

@Matt-D Loving the live piano with the video... this is like a funk version of JT... the B section lift is fire!

@NANI beats - the drums are sooo dope... gives me that 90's summertime feel... listening to your tracks got me ready to listen to more international music... You must be popping over there... this nice

@Memento Beats - (Major) I like this, It reminds me of what Meek Mill would do... sounds clean too!
(Boujee) - this give me TI vibes with a thug feature... I really like the space and FX in the track
(Player) - loving the rumble in your basses, this track sounds like piles to me for some reason... defiantly a banger
(Changed) - sounds like a common or talib track... classic boom bap... bass reminds me of what Premo would do
(Pills) - I immediately heard Rick Ross on this, it's got his bounce... or maybe a CMG Yo Gotti track, beat is dope tho

@Crispifier - sounds like a introspective Jay-z record... very cinematic... I'm loving the orchestra rise, it gives it a "yearning for something" emotion

I've been working at trying to get as good as possible at music during quarantine and I think it is starting to pay off... I'm learning a bunch from people on the internet... It is amazing that I can get better advice from random people on the internet that in person.

Please leave any advice you can as I'm still a work in progress

@Matt-D Loving the live piano with the video... this is like a funk version of JT... the B section lift is fire!

@NANI beats - the drums are sooo dope... gives me that 90's summertime feel... listening to your tracks got me ready to listen to more international music... You must be popping over there... this nice

@Memento Beats - (Major) I like this, It reminds me of what Meek Mill would do... sounds clean too!
(Boujee) - this give me TI vibes with a thug feature... I really like the space and FX in the track
(Player) - loving the rumble in your basses, this track sounds like piles to me for some reason... defiantly a banger
(Changed) - sounds like a common or talib track... classic boom bap... bass reminds me of what Premo would do
(Pills) - I immediately heard Rick Ross on this, it's got his bounce... or maybe a CMG Yo Gotti track, beat is dope tho

@Crispifier - sounds like a introspective Jay-z record... very cinematic... I'm loving the orchestra rise, it gives it a "yearning for something" emotion

Thanks for feedback :D I appreciate it :)

Man, I don't know whether you rapped on that beat or whether you were responsible for making this beat or for both. All I can say is that I truly enjoyed to listen to this song. Rapped parts are great. Vocals flow very nicely. They also suit the mood of the beat. Vocals are situated in the mix in a very cool way too. As far as beat is concerned, I think it's well mixed and I like its character. The whole song has potential to really become a hit if it's well promoted.

One thing that could be improved is the arrangement as at some point the whole composition is quite steady. Maybe try to take away some parts here and there or something. But I can honestly say that you're moving in the right direction.

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151
Here this one is kinda weird tho. It's a mash up of different beats in one. I started a project and suddenly i was like making 2 beats in one project and thought hell i can make a beat that contains like 5 different type beats. This is what came out. I can't post it on Ill because its too big So ill give you the soundcloud link tell me what you think guys thanks. I like some parts others i used more just to fill in the gaps between beats. Now not every switch is how to say it fits never tried this type of beats in one anyway.

Last edited:

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151

Just made a boombap track with Korean rapper.
I'm waiting your feedback! (Especially sound!)
Thank you!

Some nice beat here good vibe chill out vibes. Can't understand the rap but sounds cool anyway.
Alright so below you can find the beats that were made before Battle That and some of them were intended to be used in the battle and some of them were made just for fun. I only got a chance to use a beat for Round 1.

1st round

2nd round

3rd round

And others:

You got some beats there momento sounds pretty nice you really got your style in them pitchbending tech is amazing man.
@Matt-D i love hearing you play m8 sick cover real nice again your talent is insane :) you should cover nothing lese MATTers hahah @Memento Beats

@NANI beats dude this is sick i love that mc and that chill style fits him perfectly nice job on the mix it sounds REAL good that sample is really delicious

@Memento Beats ok so when you do oldschool it just speaks to my soul i friggin love changes real nice use of the vocal sample, everything sounds clean that low piano adds a lot, haha that dog on player man what a g its a real strong beat could hear you with them synths amazing slides on the 808 too nice breakdown at 1:37 Pills has a real erie feeling too it i really love that lead synth really zoned out too this one boujee hmm i fell like this one is the weakest on offer here just from personal taste standpoint its solid just something about the style and that wooden glock thing wasnt quite sitting right with me

here's mine finally got hold of bbc orchestra and got into the composing zone hahah @GoldenBoy really helped me out by mixing this, man is an absoloute hero! check him out

I think this beat has a great concept. I like them okestral beats they somehow catch your attention and sound nice. Great work ! Keep on making beats goes for everybody making music or enjoying their instruments.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Memento Beats i always love hearing your drums and your bass that you put into your beats they always compliment each other very well. My favorite one is “Changed” I love how you chopped the sample and the choice of sample you used. As for Metallica I’m gonna have to check that out now lol haven’t heard it yet but I’m pretty sure it would be fun to cover and something different if it’s not too hard lol.

@Crispifier I’m definitely loving this one. This one would be a dope song and would definitely fit a dramatic part of an action movie! Very well put together bro.

@XIS man this is the jam!! Very good beat with catchy lyrics and great vocals. Like memento said this could do very well if it gets promoted right or put into the right hands. If that’s all you with the beat and the vocals then you definitely can do some damage, it’s rare to find an artist that can make great beats as well as perform on their own stuff. The beat and production is on point!!

@TjombaBeats I like how you always stay original, and I love the arrangement you can tell you put some work into this. I liked the sounds you used very unique.

jafar4000

Battle Points: 3
hey yall :)
Been busy, got a handful of crunchy beats (I hope).
Here is one:
Nothing here yet.

this is an amazing forum for attaining feedback if your beats are up to par :)

jafar4000

Battle Points: 3
hey yall :)
Been busy, got a handful of crunchy beats (I hope).
Here is one:
Nothing here yet.

this is an amazing forum for attaining feedback if your beats are up to par :)

lemme just sneak on and add to this thread here with this
Nothing here yet.
thanks people :)

Status
Not open for further replies.