Showcase - December 25-31, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8

@Beautiful Noise nice chop work here i like the voice ins as well...little old school never hurt no body...nice job making a cool ass lyrical beat battle type beat...very creative with the chops and the hook was done very nicely...nice work bro

Thank you for the positive feedback. Much appreciated.

@Beautiful Noise your welcome bro anytime!! good job on the beat but i didnt feel the vocals im pretty sure you did that on purpose but to me it kind of through the beat off. But still good.

If you're referring to the "beautiful noise" vocal, I tag all my beats, so it won't get jacked. I know it's annoying, but I gotta do what I can to protect my work. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Beautiful Noise i was talking about the female vocals that comes in later in the beat, but i will admit it sounded better when i heard it again.

Nothing here yet.
I like your intro.... Is that a tweaked tremolo or swirl effect..? Tuned down warp, maybe..? I like how the track builds and the ‘wah’ subtley fades into your chorus at 1:06, with the brass. =)

21 savage type - hard trap beat

I like it, but I would call it more Chill-Trap or Downtempo... Just my ‘new guy’ opinion, but I found it quite relaxing. =)

NEW BEAT I MADE WITH SOME GO GO DRUMS ! LET ME KNOW WHAT YALL THINK

I dig it... It’s got a lil’ of that Bollywood flavor, with that sitar pluck. =)

NoWairMan

Battle Points: 6
Hey, all... I’m not sure if there is a rule on how many can be posted in a certain time period. I tried to find that “Introduction” message I received, and tried the site search for rules. I’m not about to go post-crazy or anything, but I am going to put forth two, for your insights; one Trap, one Hip Hop.

Trap (I know, it’s long... I write full-length, structured instrumentals and I went from doing 3 of them at like 140 bpm to this one at 96. Threw me off.):

Hip Hop:

Thanks in advance for your time, energy, and wisdom. =)

Last edited:

NoWairMan

@Matt-D , nice mix bruh...a little too much fx for me but the groove is bangin
Thank you. I found some great articles here, last night. One in particular about concentrating more on your beat, and less on your mix. I’m fairly new at this, which is probably why I write full length. I noticed most everybody else averages around 3 minutes, and clean. I’m eager to learn.

@A.R. DASUPASTAR , real smooth but the bass groove fx in the background...it's just wavering, i personally would remove it cause this beat would sound better without it (j.m.o.)
Thank you. As I stated to Matt-D, I found some great knowledge on here, last night, and I’m eager to learn. Other than the usual “Comment,” “Likes,” and “Reposts,” you all are the first professional opinions I’ve gotten. Not that I don’t appreciate the latter, but it’s nice to have access to more ‘seasoned’ ears. =)
A NEW ONE TO START THE NEW YEAR, I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON NEW BEATS. THIS IS JUST A LITTLE TASTE
Nothing here yet.
I like it. I’m a child of the eighties, so I love that ol’ synth sound. I especially dig the full-stop/drop. =)

Thank you. I found some great articles here, last night. One in particular about concentrating more on your beat, and less on your mix. I’m fairly new at this, which is probably why I write full length. I noticed most everybody else averages around 3 minutes, and clean. I’m eager to learn.
@NoWairMan, 3 things to keep in mind and this works. 1.Always have an intro to grab the listeners attention. 2. All the good stuff needs to be in the middle (like the break). 3. And 3mins is more than enough time to get all of your creativity in your music, besides that's the average time of radio slots for tracks played. I usually do between 2 and 3 mins.

Thank you.

I like it. I’m a child of the eighties, so I love that ol’ synth sound. I especially dig the full-stop/drop. =)
Thanks

NoWairMan

NoWairMan

This is my latest job done.. Hope you'll like it..

Nothing here yet.

P.S. i will review some beats later.. when im free..

I do... That left-channeled organ and the rock influence work well with that beat and scratch. =)

NoWairMan

• @NoWairMan, 3 things to keep in mind and this works. 1.Always have an intro to grab the listeners attention. 2. All the good stuff needs to be in the middle (like the break). 3. And 3mins is more than enough time to get all of your creativity in your music, besides that's the average time of radio slots for tracks played. I usually do between 2 and 3 mins.

I followed your advice on this one, today... I used a stereo spread on the two vocal tracks, to dial ‘em back a bit, but that’s it other than track volumes. However, I realized that because my library consists of both self-produced AND SoundPack type stems (LoopMasters, SoundCloud buddies,’ my baby bro’s [a turntablist of 5 years], etc...), I could be “using effects without notice or prior knowledge.” =O
Also, I was going to post it here and stopped when I realized I had opened with the same ‘+ one drum track at a time’ schtick for like the last 10 arrangements. I saw your post, and went and cut a better intro, opening with bass. That’s the moment the original cut became nothing but wasted SoundCloud minutes. =)

Last edited:

Damien

I followed your advice on this one, today... I used a stereo spread on the two vocal tracks, to dial ‘em back a bit, but that’s it other than track volumes. However, I realized that because my library consists of both self-produced AND SoundPack type stems (LoopMasters, SoundCloud buddies,’ my baby bro’s [a turntablist of 5 years], etc...), I could be “using effects without notice or prior knowledge.” =O
Also, I was going to post it here and stopped when I realized I had opened with the same ‘+ one drum track at a time’ schtick for like the last 10 arrangements. I saw your post, and went and cut a better intro, opening with bass. That’s the moment the original cut became nothing but wasted SoundCloud minutes. =)

I like the intro. Really crispy drums

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online