Showcase - December 28, 2020 - January 3, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
@Matt-D
Bro this a dope beat. so smooth and chill, almost cloudlike.... while his lyrics have this built in intensity and realness. It's a fun contrast, nice work!

there are a few parts where the pillowy vibe doesn't match up well with the grit/emotional pain he's describing (not that it has to!) but it's like the beat vibe and his vibe ever so slightly start doing different things at certain parts of the song, losing some of that cohesiveness. Remixes though, comes with the territory!

@XIS
Production on this is dope bro, great work! Great arrangement

Yeah the singing isn't polished, but it's not terrible. This is how a ton of demo songs sound before they get picked up, mixed and produced (from a vocal standpoint).

Adding vocal harmonies to reinforce the vibe will fill that in, highly highly highly recommend. I have watched some great tutorials on youtube about singing harmony's and also creating the harmony's yourself from existing vocals using Melodyne or something equivalent.

@44Beatzz
Ayo! lovin this vibe! Spaced out reflective jazz... Love the timbre of the drums especially. I love a good loop, and that's what this is.

@Crispifier
My face made all sorts of faces lol. That's a good thing. Really dig the bass line. The piano has an entire life of it's own. Love what the drums are doing. The change ups and microbreak downs are where it's at yo. Back to the piano it sounds like it had a hard life but is now backpacking through nebraska in good spirits happy just to be on the open road.

lmao I just smoked, that's what happens when I smoke

@jafar4000 this shit is fucking. crazy dog. the hell is happening to me right now

So many elements it' gets sort of chaotic but it's actually organized in a way. All I'd say is turn up the kick drum! or add one that has the same weight as the snare? All I can hear is the snare. It's just missing that low end anchor, but it depends on what you're going for. I was super hyped on it, but it felt like a big beat drop without the kick.

Dope work though, organized chaos created a lot of momentum that will sound amazing when you try anchored with a weighted kick drum appropriate for that mix

@Rah.sool
Tasty little west coast lofi treat cruising the block. Really dig this, that bass line really driving the funk factor for me

If this is what synth funk is, i'm down. No feedback really, just takin it in

@tacospinner
Aaayee - that's a vibe no doubt! This is your first beat?? That's a really really good job for a first beat.

You have good use of microvariations. The next step would be turning this vibe into a fully formatted song, with a distinguished intro, chorus, verse, sections. There are great tutorials online that cover beat arrangement.
@slimegreenbeats
Fresh sound selection bro, literally sounds like a cool breath of fresh air vibe lol
love the aesthetic on this jawn. those little melody change ups are firing too. Happy New Year G

@beatsbytmj --
Dope little beatnuts vibe right there! Nice hefty chops on this joint.. and that change up after a minute... is really hittin!

Much love ya'll, posting my beat for review in a minute, if you got a moment- I'd love your feedback! Peace

Last edited:

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Here's my first joint in 2021, feedback appreciated.

Specifically would love your help with finding the right artist names for my 'type beats' - I don't make my beats for any artist in mind, but I do try to label them for artists who may have similar sound to help with ranking and exposure on youtube.

Any help in that department would be huge! All feedback welcome though

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@5th Sequence Identifying artists for this type of beat is tough.

'Damu the Fudgemunk' is the only artist I can think of that you don't already have on your youtube description.

also, I think it's probably similar enough to 90's east coast beats (specifically the drums) that you could call it 'BOOM BAP' or 'MOBB DEEP' type.

Hope this helps. Great work bro!

beatsbytmj

Here's my first joint in 2021, feedback appreciated.

Specifically would love your help with finding the right artist names for my 'type beats' - I don't make my beats for any artist in mind, but I do try to label them for artists who may have similar sound to help with ranking and exposure on youtube.

Any help in that department would be huge! All feedback welcome though

This is a cool beat, man! Digging the drum sound and the space you've used in the mix.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
@5th Sequence Identifying artists for this type of beat is tough.

'Damu the Fudgemunk' is the only artist I can think of that you don't already have on your youtube description.

also, I think it's probably similar enough to 90's east coast beats (specifically the drums) that you could call it 'BOOM BAP' or 'MOBB DEEP' type.

Hope this helps. Great work bro!

Yo haven't thought of that! maybe every 1 in 30 beats of mine have a notably damu vibe, enough to where I'd feel it's justified using the label. I really sweat that shit sometimes lol... spot on though, '90's east coast' is a great label too that wasn't specifically on the mind, yet is really obvious. glad I asked. Appreciate you @Rah.sool

This is a cool beat, man! Digging the drum sound and the space you've used in the mix.

Hey thank you, I felt the space on this one had some rather unique properties too.
I try to use the drum fills & percussive elements like exclamation marks or sword swings

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online