Showcase - February 21-23, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medl4

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 69
Alright, I got a chance to listen to most of the beats posted before me, here are my quick notes -

LukePowers : "in too deep"- nice intro, unfortunately when everything dropped there was major dissonance in the bass line, great snare choice, the beat could switch up a bit for being around 4minuets imo.
"intent to deliver"- once again man, nice vibe....but the bass line is fucking you up, its off. maybe turn the shakers down a bit as well.

Dream Police : Great beat, awful rapper, but I understand you gotta eat, so make that $ player.

Tony Hooks : I didn't make it through all 10 minuets of your clip, but I skipped around & everything I heard was on point, not really any criticisms on my end besides minor preference differences but thats just me,I see you know what your doing & theres hella folks that will feel your shit.

Iron Keys : Nice job on this one, its a club beat for sure, I could definitely hear this on the radio with a chick singing or something, maybe turn the hi hats down a bit? Just my preference, awesome kick/snare, works great with the beat, maybe switch up the saw melody around? Also I dig the breakdown around 1:40 or so.

If I missed someone my bad.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
Nice stuff, Medl4 ... Always wishing I was hearing vocals on these tracks though. I almost hear the rappers I expect to hear on them. Sounds slick, only thing I would say is the kick isn't really 'there' ? Wanna hear some thump in that, might just be my personal pref though! Top.

toryhooks

Battle Points: 122
Alright, I got a chance to listen to most of the beats posted before me, here are my quick notes -

LukePowers : "in too deep"- nice intro, unfortunately when everything dropped there was major dissonance in the bass line, great snare choice, the beat could switch up a bit for being around 4minuets imo.
"intent to deliver"- once again man, nice vibe....but the bass line is fucking you up, its off. maybe turn the shakers down a bit as well.

Dream Police : Great beat, awful rapper, but I understand you gotta eat, so make that $ player.

Tony Hooks : I didn't make it through all 10 minuets of your clip, but I skipped around & everything I heard was on point, not really any criticisms on my end besides minor preference differences but thats just me,I see you know what your doing & theres hella folks that will feel your shit.

Iron Keys : Nice job on this one, its a club beat for sure, I could definitely hear this on the radio with a chick singing or something, maybe turn the hi hats down a bit? Just my preference, awesome kick/snare, works great with the beat, maybe switch up the saw melody around? Also I dig the breakdown around 1:40 or so.

If I missed someone my bad.
Bro i appreciate that coming from you.......God bless you my dude. Love your style.

LP*

ILLIEN
Thanks for the feedback guys.
@thedreampolice beat was nice didn't like the margarita girl much at all lol but props on composing it all.
@ToryHooks went to play your marriage music video and it said an error occurred so couldnt check that. Sorry man.
@IronKeys not really my style, but i did like the vocal sample and the drums.
@RCbeats good shit man, really feeling all 3 i think diamonds might be my favorite, not sure though lol

LP*

ILLIEN
@Medl4, Dope shit man!
@ToryHooks I liked the So lovely beat I would maybe turn the sample up a little but maybe its just what im listening to it on. Good shit man

toryhooks

Battle Points: 122
Thanks for the feedback guys.
@thedreampolice beat was nice didn't like the margarita girl much at all lol but props on composing it all.
@ToryHooks went to play your marriage music video and it said an error occurred so couldnt check that. Sorry man.
@IronKeys not really my style, but i did like the vocal sample and the drums.
@RCbeats good shit man, really feeling all 3 i think diamonds might be my favorite, not sure though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online