Showcase - February 25-March 3, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesture

Oda Kauffman
Battle Points: 10
@Copyno
I really like the bell plucks at the start. When the beat hit and those vocal like notes followed, I knew i was listening to a hard banger. That lead synth is really catchy too.

@K.D.R.
Nice mixing on the 808's and sample. Don't sound clashed and both sounds came clear. But I was most impressed in that sound you used for the clap/snare. It's like a reverbed rim shot, something I don't hear too often, so it felt quite unique.

@EsquireMusic111
Love the sample. I think the sound selection on your snare and perc was superb. Those soft strings in the back really added to the beat. I was only disappointed when it was cut so short haha.

@PhatRipz
I love the bell pluck sounds you use half way through. And the transitions were really well done. Can't wait to hear what you'd make when u can afford a better DAW.

First time for everything, hope it doesn't suck:

Reddix

@K.D.R. Some dark sounds my man. I feel like the kicks and stuff are nice but there is a hihat or something missing that really brings the flow.

@EsquireMusic111 Sound really professional bro. Nice vibes overall. Is it just me or do i hear that the high melody is clipping a little bit sometimes?

Now i would also like to share with you guys, my latest work!
I've been producing for a few months now, learning something new almost everyday.
With this track i like to show my progress so far.
It is a trap beat though (know not everyone is a fan of that), but it is also quite original.

Let me know what you think!

Nimbasabe

@EsquireMusic111 Really dig the melody on this one bro. One of the more unique samples I've heard.

@Reddix I like the vibe on this one man especially the guitar and the way you coast with the bass. I'm no expert but my only suggestion is if you want to keep the beat that long you had another element like an effect or a bridge.

Hey guys I'm new here and here's my beat. Went with a chill vibe here, I've got a long way to go so please give me any and all criticism and thanks for listening!

Made this heavy-ish beat with my friend. I've been doing all of my work on Garageband until I can afford something like Logic. I definitely think my sound mixing needs a lot of work, but I'd still like to put it out there so let me know how it sounds!

Hey man it's cool. You can also use ableton for beats instead of logic

@EsquireMusic111 Really dig the melody on this one bro. One of the more unique samples I've heard.

@Reddix I like the vibe on this one man especially the guitar and the way you coast with the bass. I'm no expert but my only suggestion is if you want to keep the beat that long you had another element like an effect or a bridge.

Hey guys I'm new here and here's my beat. Went with a chill vibe here, I've got a long way to go so please give me any and all criticism and thanks for listening!

Hey man I like it.I think the kick pattern's sick. I can't hear the bass that well at all... maybe that's my monitors

Fox

@dadadada321 great vibes! Consider a switch in the melody halfway through, or even just filter the original sample differently to make room for other elements. Just a suggestion, great track though. I love the offbeat drums.

Here's one of my pieces I thought was decent enough to upload:

madja

@dadadada321 great vibes! Consider a switch in the melody halfway through, or even just filter the original sample differently to make room for other elements. Just a suggestion, great track though. I love the offbeat drums.

Here's one of my pieces I thought was decent enough to upload:

Overall good song but maybe lower the volume of the main sound to make it more smoothly overall but good vibes man

GhostChamberz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 128
@PhatRipz
I found the panning at the start to be a bit annoying since it never went to the right ear and felt unbalanced.
The pad sounds nice. The bass is also fun. The snare sounds way too stock and i would try and switch it out.
Im not big into this genre so i cant really give much more valuable input.

@EsquireMusic111
The main melody is very nice but it seems way too loud and on the brink of clipping almost.
Nice atmosphere with the pads. You could try replacing the drum sounds.

@K.D.R.
If the drums dropped after 8 bars it would be fantastic. But instead i was waiting for a drop that never arrived. I was expecting some big hard hitting drums with a solid strong deep rumbling 808. The main melody/sample was dope. You need to work on drums and drum patterns i think.

@Copyno
I think you nailed this style. I think it sounds exactly as it should. Cool

@Jesture
This is dope. i would maybe have gone with more traditiononal hip hop drums on this. but sounds cool. i like the main melody/sample.

@Reddix
i think maybe the intro should be more interesting because your drop was pretty nice. The intro was a little boring and generic.

@Nimbasabe
I got a chill lofi vybe from this but that one instrument was really making it repetetive and stabby. Maybe more sustained sound on it would help it flow more

@Fox
Super dope. I love this nothing to add. just a solid dope beat. Good vybes.

@Matt-D
Not heard the original but this sounds good to me. Solid as fuck.

@madja
Main sample sounds very high pitched. It sounds ok though. maybe add some reverb on it. Hi hat sound and snare was a little boring. Theres a click sound on the 808 thats super annoying. Should fix that. This beat could have been a banger. I would put in some more work.

Heres mine:

WIKTO-GRIZZLY

WIKTO-GRIZZLY
Battle Points: 47
Made this heavy-ish beat with my friend. I've been doing all of my work on Garageband until I can afford something like Logic. I definitely think my sound mixing needs a lot of work, but I'd still like to put it out there so let me know how it sounds!

Very well done, melodious. I liked it very much. Maybe I have bad headphones, but it seemed to me that there was not enough bass and swinging Kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.