Showcase - January 17-23, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
@DeadBassRecords not my cup of tea tbh, musically, but if I can help I will try

mix wise, it's a bit muddy, especially the chords in the background, hats are a bit too much "in yo face", snare is a bit weak and one dimensional

also, everything sounds too centered, which doesn't help with the muddy parts

maybe it lacks a melody in the highs too

@Rah.sool

more up my alley, very nice drums, loving the bass too

good variations and small elements here and there

at the filtered part right now, pretty cool

I wish there would be more variation towards the end

I don't have these on Youtube as they're not officially released yet

anyway, here's my beat

Last edited:

Delta_Nine

Illa la muzika!!!

mix wise, it's a bit muddy, especially the chords in the background, hats are a bit too much "in yo face", snare is a bit weak and one dimensional

@Rah.sool

anyway, here's my beat

Not really Into lofi study beats but this is one I wouldn't mind listening to this in the whip. Very soulful. Nice swing on the drums. Buttery bassline, nice 404 type filter. Not sure if the tape hiss is emulation or real tape but I like it.

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
Not really Into lofi study beats but this is one I wouldn't mind listening to this in the whip. Very soulful. Nice swing on the drums. Buttery bassline, nice 404 type filter. Not sure if the tape hiss is emulation or real tape but I like it.
thanks ! I really appreciate the comment, there's a lot of people doing lo-fi, so it's easy to get lost in the noise, but there are incredible artists out there (definitely recommend NK music or Mujo, mujo especially if you're in the more loop based / classic hip hop vibe)
Hiss isn't tape although I do use tape on occasion, I didn't here. This comes from exporting daw audio into the SP303 and back into the daw so it is compressed natural circuitry and cable noise. Some emulations sound real nice tho (cymatics origin comes to mind, free plugin btw)
the piano is also a very cheap plugin from an actual producer (imagiro's piano)

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown

@Rah.sool

anyway, here's my beat

Really like this! Very smooth, all fits well in the mix. Maybe i'd also place a hi-hat on the forth to glue the drums together (for more continuation). I Know it's Lo-Fi genre, but have you tried putting in some high frequency texture? Some chimes or something like that would really finish it IMO.

Again, nice work!

hosie

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 5
@DeadBassRecords Hey, this isn't really my vibe either but I appreciate the effort put in to making this. I feel there should be a harder hitting snare or clap in there as it feels like there isn't a pay off from the hi-hats / drum.

@Rah.sool This is nice. I like the drums but would have liked a change-up / breakdown somewhere to give it a little more listenability.

@Hadoq Love the vibe of this. Drums are nice and simple / spaced so they have to hit hard because of how they sit and they're bang on with the vibe - my only grievance is when they get drowned under the piano at about 40 seconds. I assume this is done on purpose to let the keys shine, if so, I'd like hear it with the drums just completely dropped. Really love the vibe and you've really eeked out all the groove from that piano bit. Nice work.

Last edited:

nonameswifi

I made this beat playlist (3 beats) overnight in vegas...

produced and mixed on my laptop speakers using the good ol' qwerty!

Lmk your thoughts!

thinking about doing a couple more of these "playlist" uploads where Its theme based like this one!

I made this beat playlist (3 beats) overnight in vegas...

produced and mixed on my laptop speakers using the good ol' qwerty!

Lmk your thoughts!

thinking about doing a couple more of these "playlist" uploads where Its theme based like this one!

ahh, the fine art of keeping it simple and completely interesting and dope throughout, really like it a lot. Good to have you around.

nonameswifi

ahh, the fine art of keeping it simple and completely interesting and dope throughout, really like it a lot. Good to have you around.
Thanks so much @2GooD Productions I really appreciate that! The more experienced I become as a producer I realize how much of an artform simplicity truly is.. I decided about a year or two ago I will maintain the most minimal approach to my creativity.. from production to collabs.. artwork etc..

Thanks again man!

Thanks so much @2GooD Productions I really appreciate that! The more experienced I become as a producer I realize how much of an artform simplicity truly is.. I decided about a year or two ago I will maintain the most minimal approach to my creativity.. from production to collabs.. artwork etc..

Thanks again man!
its an art I admire and have yet to achieve, I always go full blown overboard, doesnt often leave room for the rapper

nonameswifi

@2GooD Productions Interesting I def used to have that problem.. I realize its very psychological.. It wasnt until I began slowly restricting how many tracks I would use per tracks I began getting very creative..

I started with 20 then dropped to 15 now Im at 12 tracks max haha!

Its amazing how restrictions lead to high creative output..

Unfortunately in todays world there is soo much excess.. Even the ability to "undo" settings leads us to almost never finish things and get hung up on minor details.

Start limiting everything from vsts to tracks per session and so forth and you will get there super fast.

@2GooD Productions Interesting I def used to have that problem.. I realize its very psychological.. It wasnt until I began slowly restricting how many tracks I would use per tracks I began getting very creative..

I started with 20 then dropped to 15 now Im at 12 tracks max haha!

Its amazing how restrictions lead to high creative output..

Unfortunately in todays world there is soo much excess.. Even the ability to "undo" settings leads us to almost never finish things and get hung up on minor details.

Start limiting everything from vsts to tracks per session and so forth and you will get there super fast.
When you have less to work with you have no choice but do more with it, I havent made a beat in a few weeks, been busy learning how to make vsts, but might make some music tomorrow and try that philosophy l and see if it works

nonameswifi

When you have less to work with you have no choice but do more with it, I havent made a beat in a few weeks, been busy learning how to make vsts, but might make some music tomorrow and try that philosophy l and see if it works
Wow thats hella interesting! Keep me updated with your VST endeavors! I've got a background in cybersecurity I've got my CCNA cyber ops cert right before the pandemic. And for sure feel free to send me anything you create! Would love to hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.