Showcase - January 27 - February 2, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
Sorry for anyone i couldnt get back too on the other one, i dont have internet at home and can only do so much from work without getting heat from the boss...

@iLL ThoughT damn man love the feel of this, the sample and the drums are so dope. real dope beat man love it.

@frinko cool sounds, i agree though the bass could be filtered a little lower or something, but sounds neet.

@Intenzify not my kinda beat lol real upbeat and what not but sounds real nice and clean maybe the bass could be a little higher but idk if my headphones just suck or not lol. sounds sick though.

i got two any feedback is appreciated on one or both dont matter to me...

Kus

Battle Points: 13
@ iLL ThoughT: Really like the sample, almost an old spy movie type of feel, I agree with Frinko in that it could benefit from being brought up in the mix a little bit, drums sound real nice, overall has a real nice vibe to it, like it a lot.

@ Frinko: I like that it's different, I like the switch ups that you have too add some nice variety, I thinks it might benefit from a tighter mix and really trying to bring out the higher synth-type sounds and toning down the bass, the snap as well might have too much reverb or at least bring the wetness down a bit, overall sounds good tho, keep up the good work.

@ Intenzify: Drums sound real nice and powerful, like the vocal sample layered with the clap, like the snare, think the mix overall sounds pretty good

Here's a few of mine for some feedback, any is appreciated:

Nothing here yet.

Nothing here yet.

Nothing here yet.

Lee Beatzz

Lee Beatzz/Beast
Battle Points: 39
Would love some feedback from anyone. I want to submit this beat to an exec, but wanted some feedback before i do. Thanks. I screwed up on the first posting. Lets see if i get it right this time.

<iframe width="660" height="170" src="https://www.illmuzik.com/share.php?beat_id=636" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Last edited:

Kus

@JustRipe: 1.) I really like the baseline and the drums, baseline in particular is real smooth, love the sample choice but when they repeat they sound a bit strange as if there's too much of a certain effect on it, nice vibe to it overall
2.) I like the vocal sample, baseline again sounds on point, there seems to be a bad cut on the shorter horn sample, the mix could be a bit tighter to help bring out the drums a bit more, but I like it overall, nice and different

Kus

@Lee Beatzz: I like the "preacher" sample you have going on, fits things nicely, I think the mix sounds on point in my opinion (although that might not mean much) everything seems crisp and clear, something about that little knock almost sounds like a foot tapping on the floor of a church or that's what I'm picturing at least, doesn't have a cliche sound to it either which helps, think it sounds real good overall, best of luck!

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
@Kus Thanks for the constructive feedback man, appreciate it.
i forgot to bring my headphones to work, all i have is some ear bud things so my feedback probably wont be too in-depth..
The Natural - dope vibe, not a big fan of that type of bass synth or whatever it was but it still sounded great, love the bell samples or whatever that sound is too sounde dlike some nuck if you buck type beat at first lol.
Ride Thru - this ones kind ahard to respond too with the headphones i have right now, just sounded like everything was too loud except the bass was low.
Tireless - same thing on this beat a little bit, like once the drums kicked in it got mad loud, but i have shitty earbuds right now, besides that the melodies and drops, ect.. were dope man.

Usual

@iLL ThoughT - Love this old school sound. Keep it up.
@JustRipe - You already know I'm a fan. The samples are hot both.
@Intenzify - The crispness of the snare and then the deep bassline really work well together.

Here's a track I did for an MC out of ATL. He wanted this Jay-Z vocal sample in it...still messing around with it.

This is another one I did for a friend's sneaker blog. It needs a good mixdown as it's too compressed right now and a little muddy.

Last edited:

Johan Brodd

Battle Points: 1
aight peepz I got something hot for y'all. But first I'm gonna get at y'all beats peepz, so sit tight!

@iLL ThoughT: Ooh my GOSH! That beat is so dope. It really begs for a dope bassline to go along with it. Keep up the great work!

@frinko: Your beat has some interesting sounds. I would however make the bass monophonic so it doesn't clash and splash all over the place. Maybe even lower it 1 octave since it'll most likely collide with the rappers as well. :D But I love the beat anyways.

@Intenzify:
1. Not my cup of tea at all. Sounds way too harsh and inharmonic. Needs a ton of work to be better.
a. Drop the mid EQ on the leads / brass so the sound doesn't clash with everything else.
b. Simplify the drums man. :)
2. Now that's more my cup of coffee. Very nice sampled and arranged.

@Kus:
1. Now that's a beat to study peepz. Perfect harmony, almost perfect mixing. Only thing I would've done was to apply some filter on the bell. :D
2. Nice upbeat here. Kinda fresh. Nothing to complain about here.
3. Pretty nice. You got pretty much all right here. Only thing you need to learn is to mix properly. Lower the level on the chords with 75% to give the rapper some slack. :D

@Lee Beatzz: You need learn proper harmonizing of your parts. The bass clashes with the sample you used. These things is reason enough to put rappers off using your beat. Skip the vocal, or at least avoid time stretching the sound, and pitch down the voice instead. A bit harder, but sounds better. You must also consider make the song less repetitive. You got pretty much no percussion going on except for that stone sound, and that will sound boring specially when you just remove everything else.

@Usual:
1. Really dope sample you used here. The drums is really crisp, I would decay the kick though to get rid of that fizzling trail at the end of it.
2. No constructive critics needed here since you know what's wrong. Nice beat though.

Now all critics has been dashed out, here's my beats.

Last but not least, I put this in a showcase a few weeks back, didn't get any constructive critics on it. So here it is again:

Lee Beatzz

Lee Beatzz/Beast

[/quote]

JOHAN BRODD:
The first beat kinda sounds like you just added some drums over the sample and kept the singing at a high pitch throughout the whole beat. Didn't really here much of any creativity in it...meaning flipping/chopping of that sample. The 2nd beat sounds like lounge music, not very hip hop...Well at least to me. And the 3rd beat didn't really have the drive from the drums that should make your neck break. Overall, your sample picks are very safe...which is cool, but if you don't have the hard drums to drive it, then it sounds just weak. I think your sample picking is fine, but you need to focus on better drum programming. Thanks for the feedback on my joint. you are right, the vocal was time strectched, which makes it have that dragging sound, i'll re-group. Will post more joints, so please keep the feedback coming.

Last edited:

Lee Beatzz

Lee Beatzz/Beast
Nothing here yet.

Nothing here yet.

Nothing here yet.
[/quote]

@Kus:
I like the first 2 joints, the drums knock, i love the claps in both. the 2nd beat is dope, just felt like the strings didnt really work with the synthesized/brass sound. The mix sounds good! the 3rd i wasnt really feeling. nothing bad to say about it. just wasnt feeling it.

Last edited:

Lee Beatzz

Lee Beatzz/Beast

[/quote]

@JustRipe:
I like that deep cover bass line sample. It was dope when Dr. Dre used it, and it's dope when you used it. I feel like you really didn't do much with it though. The whole time as it was playing, i felt like i was still hearing snoop on it from the 90's. The drums are hard as hell though. the vocals going thru it gives it that 90's feel, but feel like it needs to be scratched in as oppose to being placed in....Sorry its the Premo fan in me...haha.
The 2nd beat I wasnt really feeling. It didn't really knock. Please checkout my joint below. Thanks.

frinko

aight peepz I got something hot for y'all. But first I'm gonna get at y'all beats peepz, so sit tight!

@iLL ThoughT: Ooh my GOSH! That beat is so dope. It really begs for a dope bassline to go along with it. Keep up the great work!

@frinko: Your beat has some interesting sounds. I would however make the bass monophonic so it doesn't clash and splash all over the place. Maybe even lower it 1 octave since it'll most likely collide with the rappers as well. :D But I love the beat anyways.

@Intenzify:
1. Not my cup of tea at all. Sounds way too harsh and inharmonic. Needs a ton of work to be better.
a. Drop the mid EQ on the leads / brass so the sound doesn't clash with everything else.
b. Simplify the drums man. :)
2. Now that's more my cup of coffee. Very nice sampled and arranged.

@Kus:
1. Now that's a beat to study peepz. Perfect harmony, almost perfect mixing. Only thing I would've done was to apply some filter on the bell. :D
2. Nice upbeat here. Kinda fresh. Nothing to complain about here.
3. Pretty nice. You got pretty much all right here. Only thing you need to learn is to mix properly. Lower the level on the chords with 75% to give the rapper some slack. :D

@Lee Beatzz: You need learn proper harmonizing of your parts. The bass clashes with the sample you used. These things is reason enough to put rappers off using your beat. Skip the vocal, or at least avoid time stretching the sound, and pitch down the voice instead. A bit harder, but sounds better. You must also consider make the song less repetitive. You got pretty much no percussion going on except for that stone sound, and that will sound boring specially when you just remove everything else.

@Usual:
1. Really dope sample you used here. The drums is really crisp, I would decay the kick though to get rid of that fizzling trail at the end of it.
2. No constructive critics needed here since you know what's wrong. Nice beat though.

Now all critics has been dashed out, here's my beats.

Last but not least, I put this in a showcase a few weeks back, didn't get any constructive critics on it. So here it is again:

hey in that second beat my constructive criticism would be to add some variation and that could just be by placing what you started doing at 3:10 where the song changed, to an earlier point in the beat to keep things moving forward. thank you for your feedback as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online