Showcase - July 2-8, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4NTK33P5T1LL

I O U a clever tagline signed me
Battle Points: 200
@Kinematic Really Enjoyed This Great Groovy Got My Leg Moving Which Is Always A Good Sign Only Thing I Could Criticise Was It Was A Bit " Hatty" In Some Parts I Would Of Lowered 'Em A Bit But Overall I Really Like This
@DEEZ BEATZ Solid Beat As Always Pal , If I Were To Say What I Wasn't Keen On It Touches On What You Said About The Volume Levels They Do Get Really Low & Then Really High In Some Parts But The Arrangement Is Class & I Really Liked The Choir Sound( I'm Sure It Was A Choir) Underneath The Melody I've Always Liked That " Hells Choir " Type Vocal They Seem Too Add A Ruck Of Energy To Music .....
A Nike Air Advertisement In Black & White I Dunno Why It Just Came Into My Head As Soon As I Heard This. Some Dude Lacing Up His Trainers Ready For It
@Drago Zetić Nice Mix Overall I Like The Whole Vibe Of These Tracks Very Cloudy Sampley & Vintage Sounding You Seem To Have Nailed That "Classic Turntablism" Type Sound My Fave Track Was Srz (The 2nd One) A Bit Pleasant For My Tastes Though But Personal Preference N All That

Necrosix

My recent beat tape. focused on the combination of sampled and sequenced original material. Good times making this.

shocro

DepthBySoulProductions - DBSBeats
Battle Points: 17
HERE IS A CINEMATIC TRACK I'M WORKING ON...JUST ONE OF MANY THAT I CREATE FOR MOVIES, COMMERCIALS ETC...GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK...(I PERSONALLY THINK THAT I COULD BRING THE VOLUME DOWN A BIT)
Nothing here yet.

I agree bout the volume...although, not so much the master, but the piano parts - i think if lowered those samples/sounds (not sure if piano rolled it urself or used a sample?) I can def see why you do this for a living..seem to have a knack for finding catchy sounds, then a knack for blending those sounds together to create a certain atmosphere...I do love the piano though, its catchy and on point, no misses on the notes to BPM, (again, not 100% sure wut was used) BUT the bass 'wub wub' part in beginning starting at :15-:16 seemed as if piano rolled a bass sound lol went perfectly with the notes of the piano and melody parts (not sure wut DAW use, but FL, make ur own sample, piano roll a plugin etc lol) friggin awesome trap feel to! Could def freestyle to this easily! Here was my thought process to break it down simply: Oh, nice intro, might be dope, oh nice beat, ok, def like it, that first drop must be all there is, aight this beat pretty damn sick..wait, nope! first 'soft' drop seemed to be like some 'teaser' drop!, i was still technically in intro!, vocals at :31!, holy hell! WHOA, THIS BEAT IS SICK AF!' Turn up vol, listen again:....lmfao...That was my reaction i thought id type out cuz i was reviewing as i was listening, typing as it played, it was pretty sick, then the vocals began and friggin took me for a loop, had to rewind lmfao...Really dope beat - only critique i think i could give is instead of turning master volume down, try turning piano parts down first - and maybe the bass a bit actually after listening more on the headphones- maybe even mastering piano pieces separately to give em a bit of a reverb (unless already have, then maybe depper one - even test a delay ;) could end up bein nice! ), lighter sound to em, i think that would make it blend even better with the vocals to! Or make the ones before vocals unique sample, so can mix the ones during with deeper reverb, and more melodic sounding mixes, then there would also be slight difference in one of the partially dominating sounds of the beat, during intro, then drop into melodic vocal backed piano forefront - but also, at 1:03-1:04 when the vocal raises down into a non-vocal piano beat solo, then comes back at 1:16, its nice, but at same time i felt like vocals sorta just got cut, as if not purposeful almost, felt like it could have been vol mixed into a reverse riser (downer) into the solo, then, before solo end and vocals drop back, a riser vol mixed vocals part in that 4 step/beat part before the vocal drops back in...it would make the solo parts and piano drops and stops meld so much better with eachother, sounding more natural imo - other than those tho, flawless (but hell, wuts an amateurs opinion worth to a pro who does this for a living?! lmfao!) its a great beat brother! :)

I agree bout the volume...although, not so much the master, but the piano parts - i think if lowered those samples/sounds (not sure if piano rolled it urself or used a sample?) I can def see why you do this for a living..seem to have a knack for finding catchy sounds, then a knack for blending those sounds together to create a certain atmosphere...I do love the piano though, its catchy and on point, no misses on the notes to BPM, (again, not 100% sure wut was used) BUT the bass 'wub wub' part in beginning starting at :15-:16 seemed as if piano rolled a bass sound lol went perfectly with the notes of the piano and melody parts (not sure wut DAW use, but FL, make ur own sample, piano roll a plugin etc lol) friggin awesome trap feel to! Could def freestyle to this easily! Here was my thought process to break it down simply: Oh, nice intro, might be dope, oh nice beat, ok, def like it, that first drop must be all there is, aight this beat pretty damn sick..wait, nope! first 'soft' drop seemed to be like some 'teaser' drop!, i was still technically in intro!, vocals at :31!, holy hell! WHOA, THIS BEAT IS SICK AF!' Turn up vol, listen again:....lmfao...That was my reaction i thought id type out cuz i was reviewing as i was listening, typing as it played, it was pretty sick, then the vocals began and friggin took me for a loop, had to rewind lmfao...Really dope beat - only critique i think i could give is instead of turning master volume down, try turning piano parts down first - and maybe the bass a bit actually after listening more on the headphones- maybe even mastering piano pieces separately to give em a bit of a reverb (unless already have, then maybe depper one - even test a delay ;) could end up bein nice! ), lighter sound to em, i think that would make it blend even better with the vocals to! Or make the ones before vocals unique sample, so can mix the ones during with deeper reverb, and more melodic sounding mixes, then there would also be slight difference in one of the partially dominating sounds of the beat, during intro, then drop into melodic vocal backed piano forefront - but also, at 1:03-1:04 when the vocal raises down into a non-vocal piano beat solo, then comes back at 1:16, its nice, but at same time i felt like vocals sorta just got cut, as if not purposeful almost, felt like it could have been vol mixed into a reverse riser (downer) into the solo, then, before solo end and vocals drop back, a riser vol mixed vocals part in that 4 step/beat part before the vocal drops back in...it would make the solo parts and piano drops and stops meld so much better with eachother, sounding more natural imo - other than those tho, flawless (but hell, wuts an amateurs opinion worth to a pro who does this for a living?! lmfao!) its a great beat brother! :)
@shocro , damn bruh you dissected my beat from top to bottom. And I really respect your opinion bruh..it let's me know that I'm doing something right with my life. And yes, your opinion does matter to me. Just because I'm lucky enough to make some money producing music doesn't make better than you or anybody else bruh... I make a lot mistakes and I don't hear them all of the time when I make a beat..you and a few other members here I respect a lot because I can tell you know your shit... I made myself who I am today, I got no help from anybody. Just support from my wife and a few friends, but I marketed myself and my music for almost 10 yrs..I saved money and went to certain events top producers we're like 808 Mafia, Metro and a few others who liked my style and gave a lot
@shocro , damn bruh you really dissected my beat. I respect the fact that you know what your talking about...and no, just beacause I'm making money now doesn't make better than anybody here on this site bruh, I made myself who I am now.. nobody helped me..it took 10 yrs to even get where I am today...but I stuck with it and it pays the bills. But I did have a little advice from some popular producers.like 808 Mafia, Metro and 2Deep. I used to save up my money and go to meet and greet conventions, that's where I met these producers and they gave me a lot of advice...you guys opinions are very valuable to me. I'm thankful for being around you guys here on Illmuzik...since I have been with this site..I have learned a lot from the tips and videos that Fade Provides for us, and I take full advantage of free and helpful advice..so thank you for your feedback bruh...

Last edited:

Alejandro

AleVFX
@Drago Zetić the kick in your first beat, "briks" , could be improved. It's like it's missing potential. The rest of the beats are just fine maybe just the volume too low in some of them.
@DEEZ BEATZ your beat it's dope and for the volume I think you could lower it, yeah , but mainly for the drums. I think the drums are too low compared to the other sounds.
@Necrosix the first beat mainly but the others a little bit too are a bit repetitive at least to me and are missing something that could improve them but I don't know what exactly.

Alejandro

AleVFX

This is the last beat I made for my instrumental album "Art of Motion". I'm making beats only from the last year so I'm not an expert. Every opinion is welcome.

This is the last beat I made for my instrumental album "Art of Motion". I'm making beats only from the last year so I'm not an expert. Every opinion is welcome.

@Alejandro , not a bad creation. I think the timing needs to be tweaked a bit, cause it's a little off. But I like the idea. Keeping working..

shocro

DepthBySoulProductions - DBSBeats
Battle Points: 17

It felt a little off, tweaking the timing of all the sounds, piano especially, to the beat i think would help greatly...I loved how it began, but the beat drop didnt feel like it belonged with that piano intro imo...Somehow didnt feel natural, like the initial mood n tone of the beat in intro was changed up completely at the beat drop...It wasnt a bad beat by no means, although, i feel working with a more down tempo drum n bass for beat etc woulda made it sound much better...the piano melody during the beat was pretty dope, i feel like i knew wut u were goin for there, but the timing of it felt off to the beat...Just a lil tweak here n there n this would be a very nice beat instead of just ok :) Keep it up tho, theres something def there, and this particular beat shows u do have skills - and were all here to get critiques n learn, so youll only get better n better with each beat and each tweak! :)

K.D.R.

@shocro Interesting beat, quite unusual, well mixed. The only "so-so" thing for me was these bells, quite sharp on ears.

@Alejandro cool beat, like that. I think snare could've been softer, more spacious, that's what I usually hear on West Coast type of beats, but it's a matter of taste.

Here is my track, rock type of beat, simple - few guitars and drums. Any feedback appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online