Showcase - July 20-26, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
Nothing here yet.

Yeah, I think you may have to re-approach it by choosing one of those elements to focus on. Find whichever is your key element, highlight it. Then use the other elements sparingly or more subtly bringing in. Also it may open room to use more of them at once in the vein you have later as like a bridge, or little post-chorus type sections.

If you're happy with what you're going for, may have to use those mixing abilities of yours to drift things in and out in a less conflicting way and could actually be quite surreal/ interesting.

Feel

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 15
@2GooD Productions I like it, it has some sort of dream like vibe. I take that its more of a instrumental than a freestyle beat. It has a cinematic sinister tone to it. If that's what you were going for :up2:

@Marc Duncan I don't know if its my headphones but your lead sound is always loud. I'd use a auto filter and play around with the frequency

Nothing here yet.

That organ or anything it is that plays in the background turns me off as it sounds completely out key. As it was mentioned earlier a little bit too much going on there.

Tbh, too much going on and some of the instruments are off-key; could've done better imo.

Here's mine

I like those voice samples that appears from time to time in the background. Drums are on point. Mix is not bad. I would improve melody and work on arrangement as beat gets a little boring after a while.

@2GooD Productions I like it, it has some sort of dream like vibe. I take that its more of a instrumental than a freestyle beat. It has a cinematic sinister tone to it. If that's what you were going for :up2:

@Marc Duncan I don't know if its my headphones but your lead sound is always loud. I'd use a auto filter and play around with the frequency

Very smooth one. I like the sound of melody. You have nice hihat rolls there. As far as melody is concerned, it's also written well. Overall, I like it but sadly it's only minute long. :(

prodbeto

Prod. Beto
Tbh, too much going on and some of the instruments are off-key; could've done better imo.

Here's mine

Nice work, bro. Personally, I would decrease the bpm, I think it's a little bit faster than the melody demands, but it's not wrong. Technically, it needs more work on mixing, the kick could be heavier and maybe the hihat could sound different, maybe some variations on time and pitch. You're on the right path :)

prodbeto

Prod. Beto

Posted this in last weeks thread but didn't get any feedback on it so here it is

cheers

This time it came faster than you expected haha

Bro, I really liked the melody progression at the beginning. It could be more used with some variation, maybe some sad chorus (it's just a personal opinion, maybe I'm sad haha). The "vocal" was awesome, I've been trying to create something like that and you did it great. Also, the kick might sound a little bit too much (could be something personal as well). I've listened with a simple in-ear phone, will give a try to it later with my reference phone. Good job

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
@2GooD Productions ironically i see a lot of people getting at you about the organ. I actually like the organ. I think it's one of the stronger pieces in it.

But i think when it's playing a lot of the other stuff should maybe take the background a bit more or be pulled out. Because they compete too much.

Listening into it i think it might be that eithet acoustic guitar string / epiano sounding melody causing a lot of issues.

I don't think you necessaril have to take much out, i think it's like maybe 1 instrument, or one more at another point that's causing that competition. I think if you find which, it'll all sit really nice.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
ANY FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!!!!
Nothing here yet.
Good drums.

The rest reminds me (not in a bad way) of like a really commercial pop* single for like a UK artist. Kinda jokey playful sounding. A lot of bright plasticy tones.
*as in like for a "urban" artist. Grime rap or whatever

Definitelybe a good commercial grime release or something. Lady Leshur on it ha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.