Showcase - July 22-28, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Videsan

Æsthetic flavor
Here's my beat

it's nice but i think u could mix it better, your 808 is fine but the background chords are too loud imo in the first phrase. love the synth on 1:17 really refreshes the beat.

i would appreciate if u guys let me know ur thoughts on these beats i came up with,
every point of view is considerated! :help: :shock:

Last edited:

Wafeulz

Wafeul'z
it's nice but i think u could mix it better, your 808 is fine but the background chords are too loud imo in the first phrase. love the synth on 1:17 really refreshes the beat.

i would appreciate if u guys let me know ur thoughts on these beats i came up with,
every point of view is considerated! :help: :shock:

Sup man ? Loved the first one, really cool ambiance, the theme matches perfectly, the bass does a really good job !
Maybe I would just play a bit more with the volume of the hats

Oscar Monk

clueless
Here's my beat
Edit: All guitar parts composed and played by me.

I love the guitar! As a player myself it is always easy to appreciate someone that implements their own playing into a beat like this. As someone else said earlier, the one thing that immediately stood out to me in a negative way was the kick. I honestly can't put my finger on it, but the way it sits in the mix felt off to me. However as the beat went on I think I started to adjust to it and it didn't bother me as much so I think that one should be up to you.

Ima listen to everyone’s beetz after work.... but for now here’s some of my madness

This is phenomenal! The type of beat I want to be making. A lot of creative uses of sampling, especially with all the vocal snippets, and the beat switch caught me off guard in the best possible way. The beat was dope without it, but switching it up just made it all the more interesting. From just the first couple of listens I took I don't have any complaints with this track.

dustface.wav

Beatmaker

digin the use of real instruments ma doood! id just tighten up the mix a little more, bass is overpowering through ma speakers so id let that sit back in the mix. Im also not really feelin the drum sounds. that could be just me though. i think samples of real drums would fit better.

Rad! diggin yer style! really liked

sloppy...and i LOVE it! really diggin this man i wanna hear more from ya.....also really love the sample you used at the beginning!

*EDIT*
im high af and just realized I use the word diggin......waaaay too much.

apollo

Here's my beat
Edit: All guitar parts composed and played by me.

at around 1:16, that bit sounds like a breakdown of some sort. i would have taken out the highhats to emphasise that fact, just to change up the atmosphere and put the focus on the bass

kick selection should have been heavier?

horns and guitar instruments may not mix too well aesthetic wise?

apollo

the drums are like a mix between lofi and trap, very unique and cool result from that

piano needs more reverb and to be louder in the mix, thats the main part of the beat to me

feels a bit empty mix wise, maybe mess with more reverb and tweak the track mixing volumes

apollo

hey guys im new here! somewhat new to producing as well
recently made a small project, all sample based stuff. would very much like feedback on some tracks!

Oscar Monk

clueless
recently made a small project, all sample based stuff. would very much like feedback on some tracks!

Man this stuff is so good! Love the violins on the first track and the synth keys on the second. The vocal samples on both were great as were the beat changes/outros on both. You definitely have, at least between these two beats, a pretty distinct style which is a great thing to have! My only immediate complaint with either of these tracks is the snare on the first one. Maybe it is slightly too high/loud in the mix? I found it slightly distracting, but at the same time there was something entrancing about it. All in all though fantastic work! I'll be checking out the rest of beat tape soon.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
Ima listen to everyone’s beetz after work.... but for now here’s some of my madness

I like the vibe of your beat bruh! Makes me wanna smoke a fat one and go out and freestyle like back in the day. But i have to say, that shaker thing you got going on would fit much better in if you turned it down a bit in my opinion.

Here is a beat I recently made! I appreciate all feedback. Be as brutal (or as complimentary) as necessary!

I really like that intro. To me the drums are a bit to offbeat/cryptic first minute of the song, but i know many who like it like that, so if that's what you were aiming for then never mind me bruh :cool:

How long have you been producing bro?
Sampling like that is not easy.
The first one needs more kick to the taste of my ears, but keep going you're getting there for sure!
The last part of the firefighter track you should save for a track of it's own. Very nice sample bruh almost a shame to just leave it as a tail like that!

I think others have covered the rest of the tracks nicely.

Here is my beat. Would have used it for the upcoming battle, but i just can't get it below one minute without molesting it completely, so let's hope i find the time to make another instead. Anyway. All feedback is appreciated :biggrin:

Nothing here yet.

Videsan

Æsthetic flavor
thanks for ur advices will keep them in mind!

Here is my beat. Would have used it for the upcoming battle, but i just can't get it below one minute without molesting it completely, so let's hope i find the time to make another instead. Anyway. All feedback is appreciated :biggrin:

Nothing here yet.

liked it, butat every drop i was expecting a bass or an 808 to kill everything haha, great beat tho, the melody certainly catches me up, i would add some mixin variations like a filter or something to make it more dynamic. keepitup

enjoyed these a lot! very smooth chops, liked the snare on the first one, it merges well with the ambience creating a nice feel of space. the second beat is good 2, feel the contrast u made between the disco vibe and the vocals, make me think about fahrenheit451 o_O

apollo

Man this stuff is so good! Love the violins on the first track and the synth keys on the second. The vocal samples on both were great as were the beat changes/outros on both. You definitely have, at least between these two beats, a pretty distinct style which is a great thing to have! My only immediate complaint with either of these tracks is the snare on the first one. Maybe it is slightly too high/loud in the mix? I found it slightly distracting, but at the same time there was something entrancing about it. All in all though fantastic work! I'll be checking out the rest of beat tape soon.

Thank you very much for the feedback man! I’ll take that into account. Had no idea that snare sounded a bit too loud, if only we had other people’s ears haha

Yes please check out the rest of it! Cheers

apollo

How long have you been producing bro?
Sampling like that is not easy.
The first one needs more kick to the taste of my ears, but keep going you're getting there for sure!
The last part of the firefighter track you should save for a track of it's own. Very nice sample bruh almost a shame to just leave it as a tail like that!

Nothing here yet.

Yo, been producing for a few years but most of it was very inconsistent. just dicking around trying to find secrets on how to get a good sound. It all really changed around last year when i learned more about frequency bands.
i used to look down on sampling but to me most of it is a technical game of how well you can EQ your shit
thanks for the feedback brozay

on yours
very dope idea, reminds me of stuff ive made with dark samples
kick sitting a bit too loud in the mix
snare sitting a bit too quiet in the mix
could use a nice bass which comes in and out at the right times, to pack the mix tighter and tick all the boxes (doesnt need to be an 808)

keep grinding mane

umbraged

yo I just started producing a week ago and I've made a couple beats so far

let me know what you think and what I can improve on

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
This is just something i made while waiting for my mate to arrive...
Its made from a couple of samples i chopped up and put together into whatever you wanna call it :woot::biggrin::cool:
Enjoy!

Nothing here yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.