Showcase - July 23-29, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

csbr

Gardener
Battle Points: 11
@Collapse
Actually sounds pretty well mixed, perhaps a little too well mixed? One suggestion could be to maybe have some elements jump out at times if you want variation. Or a different sample/melody/harmony at some point. But other than that everything does sound pretty well put together from over here. I like the area around 4:11-4:25.. you probably could have ended it here (only say this becaue >5:00 is pretty long for a beat.).

Alejandro

AleVFX
@Collapse Good beat but the melody was strange to me. It feels like cut when it finish the first two bars. And after that is too repetitive to me it feels like something is missing. I would add something elseafter a while because the melody is good but after hearing it for a while it become stressful a little bit.
By the way the drums were fantastic.

csbr

Gardener
New track here, experimenting with some new effects:

[Soundcloud]

Feedback & support appreciated [and returned where warranted]..

Thanks for checking it out [and any support / feedback],

peace.

Alejandro

AleVFX
@csbr good beat and the drop of it was fantastic. I mean the beginning wasn't so exciting but the drop and the part after it redeemed all the song from a good beat to a very good one. Good Work.

csbr

Gardener
@Alejandro
Thanks bro I really appreciate it.

For your Xplosion;
I really liked the horns when they first came in I thought they were a great sample. Though throughout the whole song they become a little much, perhaps adjusting volumes/adding reverb/filtering them out/ something to add a bit of variation. The drums aren't too bad throughout. Some of the fills don't fit very well. Particularly that first one that kind of sounds like something exploding or breaking apart. Perhaps trying it at different pitches or slightly different timings to try and fit it to the rest of the beat better. It doesn't sound too bad at the end of the beat though. The main drums sound pretty good though, they fit pretty well and don't sound too poorly mixed. The melody that comes in isn't bad on the first note (1:07-1:08), the following notes however seem to fight with the background horn loop. Perhaps pushing them forward or backward slightly so they don't hit on the horn may produce a bit of a counter-point melody. And/Or using something to 'wet' them up. Overall, haven't heard your previous beats but it sounds like from your post you know you're working on it, and believe me that process is never ending it feels like.. I still add "Still Learning.." to the description of every 'beat' or song I produce and probably will never stop.

Thanks for your feedback again to by the way bro, glad to hear someone liked it. :)

This is an experimental beat I made for improving the drums and I know I can't say that them are improved so much but I want to know how was the rest of the beat.

you definitely can build on this beat...some sounds don't belong. but not bad...keep working

csbr

Gardener
HERE SOMETHING NEW!!!! for those who know me you also know how much i like pushing my producing skills to the limits...let me know how you feel about it.
Nothing here yet.

Super clean man, great production, everything is very on point. I love the energy and space you have provided within this piece. Only thing I could think to say as far as any criticism is that maybe you could have given it a longer fade at the end but seriously this isn't much of a criticism, love the song bro.

[Soundcloud]

peace.

i got no advice or suggestions...all i got is love for this beat bruh...that trap soul sound is dope af...great beat

I’ve mixed this a couple times, but I seem to not get it what exactly it is that I need to mix. I need another set of ears . Someone provide feedback on what sounds need to be mixed. Thanks! Let me know what you think of my beat as well!

@Collapse , this beat is dope bruh...just bring up the master volume a little...and i have a question are those instruments seperated? because seperation can make your final mix sound a hellava lot cleaner...like your chords should be on it's own track, 808 kick, sub bass, hi hats..etc should seperated and panned...percussions should be panned right or left bass and kick & 808 drums stay centered..you know what i mean..but the beat is banging i like the element and atmosphere..dope af

VinylHomie

Young producer from Germany
Battle Points: 49

[Soundcloud]

peace.

dope beat tho keep it up!!!

dBtheProducer

Autism Dad, I Use FL Studio
Battle Points: 89
what's good everybody its a sunny rainy day in Virginia, i'm at work bored and wanted to show ya'll a new beat...

@Collapse nice job on the drums I like the timing to everything, I would maybe add a couple of drops in this beat so it doesn't feel like a long loop and maybe add some voice fx's? maybe? just give it more of eery vibe to it is all otherwise I like this although I wouldn't personally choose type of beat to write a song too myself...nice work

@csbr nice intro drop that shit had my head knocking from the very beginning...and the slow time to the drums with is a nice touch...I can hear the effects to all the sounds and although you were expirementing you had good awareness not to OVER DO anything...I really love those Rhodes and shit this was a nice mix of using different instruments and effects all throughout the beat, awesome bass work this is really impressive stuff nice work my friend!

@Alejandro hey nice to meet ya...tbh I had a negative comment to make as soon as the beat started but I wanted to let the beat play more to see where you going with this...ok my first comment is your timing, the drums and horns are not syncing very well, and because of that all the other instruments you put in don't line up very well either, this beat was cool and I can kinda see where you were going on this one but it could def use some more work nice work though keep working on it bro

@DEEZ BEATZ next level beat making right here...love the shady records type of feel to this one.. Eminem and Rick Ross could come together on this one is what pops up in my head...this sounds awesome and I like the drop going into the verse that shit makes my hair stand up lol...nice work man keep it up og

heres my beat...one of my most recent favorites...enjoy

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe>

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
@Collapse nice atmospheric piano/synths on this beat, but there something wierd with the melody idk, on the mix side of things, maybe you can harden up the kick, it sounds kinda soft to me.
@csbr Dope beat bro, i like the drop at the begining and nice filters on drums, you can tighten those snare flam rolls, they sound bit sloppy.
@Alejandro I like how the horn sounds on this, but i think is too loud, and I think you can tighten your overall timing on the beat, your two instruments are not in sync with eachother neither with drums.
@DEEZ BEATZ As usual, your music is dope. I like the groovy percussion on this. Maybe you can try more realistic brass section instead of synthetic one...
@dBtheProducer I like how your sample sounds and how you chopped it, crash cymbals are harsh, and that snare sounds kind of low and boomy to me.

I was experimenting with some distorted sounding things, and this is what I came up with. I think it counts as beat...:)
Nothing here yet.

csbr

Gardener
@dBtheProducer
Love that intro switchup, and sample work. The way the sample seems to slide up and out of the drums is a nice touch.. Overall really enjoyed this piece.. Was hoping the slow play of the sample from the beginning would creep back up into the beat again somewhere so I could enjoy it again, but overall great beat. The drum work was really on point, a few crashes may have stuck out a little bit much (mixing wise) for my tastes but other than that the mix sounded great too. Nice beat!

csbr

Gardener
@crosstevsky
I thought this sounded pretty good going into it, though not exactly my style.. But at by the end of it when it started going a little more hardcore again (~:40) I was really feeling this.. So I guess you sucked me in haha. Nothing really to say about the mix or anything, I thought it sounded great technically.

*Edit* Oh, and I forgot to say I love your signature haha.

Last edited:
Y
@Collapse nice atmospheric piano/synths on this beat, but there something wierd with the melody idk, on the mix side of things, maybe you can harden up the kick, it sounds kinda soft to me.
@csbr Dope beat bro, i like the drop at the begining and nice filters on drums, you can tighten those snare flam rolls, they sound bit sloppy.
@Alejandro I like how the horn sounds on this, but i think is too loud, and I think you can tighten your overall timing on the beat, your two instruments are not in sync with eachother neither with drums.
@DEEZ BEATZ As usual, your music is dope. I like the groovy percussion on this. Maybe you can try more realistic brass section instead of synthetic one...
@dBtheProducer I like how your sample sounds and how you chopped it, crash cymbals are harsh, and that snare sounds kind of low and boomy to me.

I was experimenting with some distorted sounding things, and this is what I came up with. I think it counts as beat...:)
Nothing here yet.
Shit...You're right, it would've sounded better with live brass..

Nothing here yet.
I like that distorted sound..this beat should be in a video game..like in the beginning when you have to press start to play...but you know how you got to get all of your snacks drink and smoke together to enjoy a long night of game playing..lol.sorry about the rambling

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online