Showcase - July 26 - August 2, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trap? did something new for me on this one.

Feel like you nailed it, I'm loving this track bro, nice work! One quick question - did you put a high pass filter on the kick?

Admittedly, one of my older songs, but also one of the best received. It'd be great to get some more opinions and support!

Another dope track to start off my Monday lol. Love this vibe, and I think the synth choices are on point.

Here's a track we finished a few weeks ago - "Ballghazi". We were hearing A$AP Ferg or anyone from A$AP mob on this. All comments & follows returned and appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheen Sheep

Here's a track we finished a few weeks ago - "Ballghazi". We were hearing A$AP Ferg or anyone from A$AP mob on this. All comments & follows returned and appreciated.

That's amazing work. And that's a good tip, keeping an artist in mind, it would fit very well. Let me ask how did you come up with the lead? Everything was built around it perfectly.

Frank Castelluccio

The theme of the song really got me going. However, if it were up to me, I'd make it dreamier, like chillstep. Haha Just my two cents. I like it

namesi

Battle Points: 4

Admittedly, one of my older songs, but also one of the best received. It'd be great to get some more opinions and support!

This song has a good atmosphere. The 808 is really nice. Really good buildup and drops. Loving those double time hats. Awesome work man!

Feel like you nailed it, I'm loving this track bro, nice work! One quick question - did you put a high pass filter on the kick?
Thanks man! No I did not filter the kick.

Really quality beat here. The low end on this track is hella nice. I like the movement going on with it.

TheRealAGE

This is dope!! Im not really into trap much but i can recognize dope production when i hear it! Love the sub. Great upper harmonics on it.

Here is my newest. This is a straight 90s jazzy beat.

namesi

Battle Points: 4
New joint. What do you all think?I am stepping away from sampling and working on og composition.

That's amazing work. And that's a good tip, keeping an artist in mind, it would fit very well. Let me ask how did you come up with the lead? Everything was built around it perfectly.
Thanks bro! It's a tweaked Serum patch - if I recall correctly. My co-writing partner came up with it on his bus ride into work.

Here is my newest. This is a straight 90s jazzy beat.

Thanks for the feedback, much respect! This beat is the perfect blend of 90s nod and newer cool style, love what you did there.

Dope! Good work!
Thanks bro!

New beat, just uploaded. Hope you like it.

The tension you build throughout this is dope. I almost wanna hear another element come in at certain points just to hype it up even more, although a rapper like you mentioned would fill that in nicely.

my latest beat, feedback is welcome

Very unique sounds bro, keep up the good work!

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@namesi : Really like this, The drums sits perfect. Synths are nice, fx are nice. Very pleasing..

@Sheen Sheep : ayeah, that base, that reversed is awesome.. I like the theme here. no fan of those claps, but i really like this.

@The Intangiblez : again i digg this base, and the kick sounds very nice mixed into it. Also like the theme here.

@Marc Duncan : That intro, nice. It gets me when the drums com in, than again when you mix in that guitarsynthish sound. Sweet. Breakups are nice aswell. Great work.

@TheRealAGE : i like the bounce here. Like how its playing with the baseline. Sample is very nice(!)

@namesi : i like that you step out from sampling, i love sampling also, but i really like home made songs. This was very nice to listen to. Sounds good mixed aswell.

@Zuance : And here we go, brilliant(!) So dirty(!) Digg this! That bounce! So far the best in the showcase for me. Great.

@producedbyRiff : I'm liking that Metronome biip that comes in. Nice detail.

--
I wanted to try this sound out, so bare with me. Ive done the instrumental and vocals here. Its in Norwegian... :)

Chad

Battle Points: 8
Trap? did something new for me on this one.

Great beat, I like how you started the beat with sparse instrumentation and then dropped some instrumentation around 1:08. It shows an understadning of structure and form in songwriting. I also liked the attention you paid to the drum parts. I would add more instrumentation during the verse to develop the texture more, just a suggestion.

@namesi that beat is smooth af. i love the sound you used for the chords, give some crazy airy feel. good work
@The Intangiblez man them 808s are dirty bro!! that beat bangs, you should get a commercial acapella and create a remix with it, youl get some love with that!

this is one of my newest trap beats , all feedback appreciated!

Last edited:

Zuance

https://soundcloud.com/ct_roet
Battle Points: 1
@namesi : Really like this, The drums sits perfect. Synths are nice, fx are nice. Very pleasing..

@Sheen Sheep : ayeah, that base, that reversed is awesome.. I like the theme here. no fan of those claps, but i really like this.

@The Intangiblez : again i digg this base, and the kick sounds very nice mixed into it. Also like the theme here.

@Marc Duncan : That intro, nice. It gets me when the drums com in, than again when you mix in that guitarsynthish sound. Sweet. Breakups are nice aswell. Great work.

@TheRealAGE : i like the bounce here. Like how its playing with the baseline. Sample is very nice(!)

@namesi : i like that you step out from sampling, i love sampling also, but i really like home made songs. This was very nice to listen to. Sounds good mixed aswell.

@Zuance : And here we go, brilliant(!) So dirty(!) Digg this! That bounce! So far the best in the showcase for me. Great.

--
I wanted to try this sound out, so bare with me. Ive done the instrumental and vocals here. Its in Norwegian... :)

thanks a lot! i really like your track, im curious on what style you tend to do, im getting a 90's highlife feel from this

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@namesi that beat is smooth af. i love the sound you used for the chords, give some crazy airy feel. good work
@The Intangiblez man them 808s are dirty bro!! that beat bangs, you should get a commercial acapella and create a remix with it, youl get some love with that!

this is one of my newest trap beats , all feedback appreciated!

This is dope, I think one of the major qualities of this beat is that you can weave this to any artists' style. From some who really flows to some one who is more into repetition and catch lines.

--

Wow, you really have your own sound, this is amazing. This follows form and structure conventions with the changing textures and returning ideas. I especially like how the keyboard chord progression is simple yet very effective, and how you just leave listeners wanting more at the end. You really know how to write. If only I knew Norwegian haha .

Here's my beat. Feedback welcome, in fact it's very much desired. :)

P.S. headphones would probably be best for this, just saying.

Zuance

https://soundcloud.com/ct_roet
Battle Points: 1

Here's my beat. Feedback welcome, in fact it's very much desired. :)

P.S. headphones would probably be best for this, just saying.

i have heard a few producers use this, it is used by Wu-Tang Clan and comptons most wanted but i like how you added a twist to it, very interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.