Showcase - July 27-August 2, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice hihat pattern. Very heavy low end. I have to say that bass is quite powerful here. I like those vocal samples that appear from time to time and also these moments when you add some higher frequencies to the bass and it moves from that smooth bass to that gritty one. :D It was good to listen to it. :)
Is the bass/low end too much in your opinion?

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Crispifier nice touch!! The only thing I would like to hear differently is the drums hitting differently, maybe making them stick out a little more imo. But other than that it’s blazing.
@OMAR. nice use of the sample and drum loop! Super clean and really cool visual.
@Dzhi Beats this is a top notch beat!! You definitely did it justice, very professional.
@Memento Beats epic beat!! Bringing that heat as usual, I especially love that bass.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@2GooD Productions thanks for pointing out the hats!! I didn’t pan them but I think the hats are like that originally for some reason, do soundmakers do that sometimes with these stock sounds?
@Dzhi Beats i did not think they made software like that. That would be nice to have, do you know any good ones that work pretty good?

Unfortunately I could not find a clean acapella to go with the music so I just adjusted the hats and put up the instrumental.

@2GooD Productions thanks for pointing out the hats!! I didn’t pan them but I think the hats are like that originally for some reason, do soundmakers do that sometimes with these stock sounds?
@Dzhi Beats i did not think they made software like that. That would be nice to have, do you know any good ones that work pretty good?

Unfortunately I could not find a clean acapella to go with the music so I just adjusted the hats and put up the instrumental.

With drum sounds it really depends on where the pack maker sourced them, if they chopped them from songs then they could be panned anywhere. In FL Studio its a really quick fix just narrow the stereo field towards mono.

prodbeto

Prod. Beto
@Matt-D About No Rush
I believe there's something you can work on, it's the instruments you choose. The vibe is good, the melody as well. So, the idea is good, but there are some improvements on mixing and drumkit that would take it to a higher level.

@2GooD Productions "I Love You" - That sound at 00:43 makes a lot of difference. There's a brazilian rapper called Djonga, you can find something similar IMO on his song Olho de Tigre. Your beat is great, maybe the idea of "I Love You" sounds like an Eminem sick love (sorry if I'm talking sh*t, also it's just a personal feeling)
The hihat line is great as well, the timbre of piano sounds great, it sounds like 90's piano beat. Great job

prodbeto

Prod. Beto
Here's a short one. It was an idea who came suddenly. I'm not sure if it's a hip hop beat, but I got the lofi'd vibe I was looking for.

crudeking

Delta Force Elite
Nothing here yet.
Nothing here yet.

@Bangboss dope beat. I think the drum pattern could use some variation, especially at the end of each 8 or 16 bars. Has a nice dark vibe to it.

@Matt-D i think this could really use a bassline, and the hi hat panned all the way right is a big extreme imo. Other than that, its smooth as hell.
@2GooD Productions , both beats are dope af...but the LADY FLIP is bangin..real smooth production

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Marc Duncan it's cool sounds kidna ethereal and creepy at the same time, feel there is something going on with the balance of the panning as in i feel its to much to the right when i wear headphones.

@Matt-D yeah think maybe the bass and drums could be louder on mine anyway ur super talented, shame those vocals fuck up the beat gave the instrumental version a listen its way better imho, i like how you hit weird notes and throw in modulations in your progressions gives it a very jazzy feeling

@Bangboss if jason vorheese is gonna come fuck me up this could probably be playing. could do with a little spice in the drum department i like the raindeerbells that come in as percussion maybe add some fills and mess with the timing to give it a more human feel or keep it and do that on ur next thingy cuz it works fine as is.

@Dzhi Beats well mixed i like how the bassline fades out now and then, guessing you automated that, sounds real sweet, nice layering really like the chineese erhu thing playing can't criticize anything here

@OMAR. this is real good the sample gives off a real noir detective vibe classic boombap pattern can't decide if i like the open hat where its placed timingwise so i mean keep it i guess ? hahaha srsly tho this is really good

@2GooD Productions there is some secret to how you get your drums sounding like that but i'll be damned if i can figure it out i'm thinking you maybe compress stuff in a very specific manner first beat is cool but "i love you lady flip" very much oclasses it i like the orchestral vibe. everything is layered real good and hits the right notes, kænneicomplain cptn

@Memento Beats thanks for the kind words my dude mean a lot coming from a goddamn beast like you hahah i zoned out while listening to your beat so i kinda forgot to listen properly but i think its a good sign means my adhd brain was like "woah dude" that said on second listen must say i really like the bass when it sometimes just adds fills and the choir

@prodbeto this is super chill iike how spaced out it feels, really like the piano melody that comes in after a while, delay on the snare is a nice touch nothing i'd change here works really well

@crudeking piano is cool gives off a mediterainian/southamerican vibe for some reason, would like the beat to sound louder ? if that makes sense might want to mess with the levels (im not very good at this myself)

K

K9 TheRoyal

Sup! Just put together this project and was wondering what genres/artists would be great for these type of beats. I've been doing some experimenting and wanted to created something new! Any and all feedback would be great and if someone has any ideas for collaboration I'm open to them! (The project consist of 14 tracks but I've only uploaded 3.. If anyone has the time to check out the entire project that would be dope!) Thanks!

You can just google vocal or acapella extraction or something and some sites should come up. They do not work that well though, but i guess you can make use of it for some things.

Is the bass/low end too much in your opinion?

No, it's not. I listened to it again and it's ok in my opinion. I just pointed that it's powerful. :D But I think the amount of bass is alright. And as I said before, that moment when you change that bass from that smooth one to the gritty one by adding those higher frequencies is awesome to me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.