Showcase - July 27-August 2, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDot

Took some acid and mushrooms the other day and made this beat. It was an incredible spiritual experience. Let me know what you think

@silentsagemedia The whole concept is good. I like drums here but it needs more variation in the arrangement. It's also very short so it's quite hard to write something more about it.

@OMAR. Thank you very much for your support. :D I subbed back. :) Another great oldschool production from you. I love that sax you have there. Mix is clear. Melody is very good. Nice choice of sounds. Nothing to add or improve in my opinion. :) Great job.

@AlphaStudart Interesting beat. :) It has quite oriental vibe to me. In general I like it because it's different. One thing I didn't like was that percussion/2nd snare that appears from time to time (for example at 0:32). I don't like this sound but it's a matter of taste. :)

@Pappas Beats Hello Grandpa! :D Thank you for kind words. :D I think that it's a cool remix but it needs more variation in beat. I mean it doesn't have a clear structure to me where a particular part starts and finishes. I like that gritty synthy bass you have there and how you mixed it with brass. Drums are on point and I like them but I think that the weaker part is arrangement and structure of this beat.

@GDot Very experimental stuff. That piano melody reminds of $UICIDEBOY$ and Denzel Curry style. I would put a distortion on 808 in order to obtain even more wicked mood. :D Drums could have been mixed better. I mean I would expose kick more. I would also work on arrangement and maybe shorten this beat a little bit because it's very very long considering the fact that it's a rap beat. But I think it's an individual thing. :) Interesting thing but needs more polishing.

I know that probably I will not receive feedback today as it's the end of the week and usually nobody bothers to check it but if I get no feedback today I will post it tomorrow along with another beat. :)

Here's my Beat This! entry. Unfortunately, I didn't place but I'm very content with this beat. :D

My girlfriend is an anime fan and recommended me this anime series and I got literally hooked up on it. At first I was sceptical about it but later on I fell in love with it and watched all 85 episodes that were released so far. Fortunately, anime episodes are short. :D Each one is only 20 minutes long. So I decided to make a tribute to it. Hope you enjoy it.

AlphaStudart

Battle Points: 2
@Memento Beats

Thankz for your opinion, in fact, i'm not secure about the parte of percusion you mensioned, I tried to delete, but sims a little empty, I'm gonne try a few more thing to fix it.

About your beat, it's not my style thar kind of eletronic sounds os keybords, but i recognize quality in the constrution, and a realy enjoy the monumentality of the track. Congrats

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Pappas Beats like i told you in the disc i think this is really good, it lacks a defined structure but i dont necessarliy feel it needs it. do agree a little with @Memento Beats that it might maybe get a tad repetetive on the arrangement but whats there is really well done and with vocals on top its not something most people would notice

@OMAR. ohh this is jazzy as hell, i really like the kick and snare choices especially the like little tap b4 some of the kicks sounds really unique, that "sax" just sounds really out there and spacy i would personally of liked a proper outro instead of it just cutting, other than that this is top quality work

@Memento Beats this diddn't place ? wth !?!? i mean boku no hero is friggin awesome, i like the synthwaveish shit in the chorus and the start, whole beat is really tight the melody especially is real catchy, nice vocal inserts from the anime... ( but y no texas smashieee? :p haha ) enjoyed the bridge at 1:16 ish well arranged to sum up good work m8

nice vocal inserts from the anime... ( but y no texas smashieee? :p haha )
Thank you very much for kind words. :D I appreciate it a lot. :) The reasons why I didn't include any All Might's vocals were as follows:

[SPOILER ALERT]

First of all, that moment when Endeavour shouts Shoto's name is so funny that I couldn't refrain myself from putting it in the song. :D It also fits that build up very well because it serves as a good opener of that build up. It sounds quite aggressive but those who watched anime will know what scene I'm talking about. XDDDDDD

1rggef.gif

The second vocal input was when Lemillion was trying to save Eri and words he said fit the title. "I will be your hero" and booom! Second drop. :D

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
Thank you very much for kind words. :D I appreciate it a lot. :) The reasons why I didn't include any All Might's vocals were as follows:

[SPOILER ALERT]

First of all, that moment when Endeavour shouts Shoto's name is so funny that I couldn't refrain myself from putting it in the song. :D It also fits that build up very well because it serves as a good opener of that build up. It sounds quite aggressive but those who watched anime will know what scene I'm talking about. XDDDDDD

1rggef.gif

The second vocal input was when Lemillion was trying to save Eri and words he said fit the title. "I will be your hero" and booom! Second drop. :D

haha that moment with endevour made me legit lol when i first watched it

i really want to use this in a beat now hahaha

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
Here's a short one. It was an idea who came suddenly. I'm not sure if it's a hip hop beat, but I got the lofi'd vibe I was looking for.

This is really fucking good brother.

Personally i can hear a dusty-voiced white female vocal on this. Like one of those kinda alt-pop tracks. Those slightly folk sounding singers who sing on beats like this.

Find the right singer and songwriter and this track has success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online