Showcase - July 6-12, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
First one need work on the mix, but the second one sound very nice, I would turn the volume down on the hits a little but very solid nonetheless.

Here's mine

thought this would really suit an advert or something up until 55 seconds, once those strings come in it sounds really dope, i like the little bass flurries at the end of each 8 bars

Second beat is incredibly good! :D The first one needs more work as it was previously mentioned. It's not trap per se it reminds me of all these things on "Syndicate". It's not a typical trap beat it's something else for me. It's 2GooD type beat :D I would work on melody on this pluck that can be heard around 0:45.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@2GooD Productions Twinkle Trap, really feeling that deep low end on the bass, lots of melodic elements some of them work really well for example the glockenspiel, others i think could maybe use some work on the "phrasing" still really good and super cool you're trying something a little different from the usual HIT N RUN now this is just super sweet, your stuff is just so well mixed (unlike mine hahah) sounds its almost like you have a counterbaseline to the main base really like that, hmm might be a tad repetetive for its length ? i mean as a standalone without a vocal track (i'm really nitpicking cuz your stuff is so friggin tight )

@Marc Duncan not that into the intro however that being said the track really and i mean really picks up, very good basswork favorite part is 1:30 and 2:36 the way it just goes kinda psychadelic there is awesome together with the vocal chops very nice work dude a proper creative beat

@Memento Beats just very solid i have a hard time finding stuff to criticize, i mean as usual the hatwork is my favorite part other than that beat flows very well, mix is on point low end is dope great work

@prodbeto very solid drum work, they hit nicley everything sounds nice and clear (unlike me heheheh) i find the melodic elements get a little samey for my tastes after a while still very cool and dissonant sounding but i'd work on melody composition if i was going to give you some constructive feedback other than that gj m8 ^^

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
so here's what i came up with this week after listening to shittons of Japanese Math Rock xD

prodbeto

Prod. Beto
@Crispifier Great vocals and I the piano melody was also amazing. The fast kick sequence could be used less often, maybe like a highlight instead of kick base, but I believe it's about taste. The whole song is great.

@Stoned Monk Yeah, it's something I need to work on it. Thanks for the comment!

prodbeto

Prod. Beto
@Stoned Monk I liked the trippy vibe! I watched twice so I could see the whole video as well.
This same vibe with some japanese instruments would fit IMO. Maybe you should try
Also, great Pokemon reference :)

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
@K9 TheRoyal i think you need to tune your 808 m8 or switch it out with a bassline and standard kick, it does sound really creepy as it is but just doesnt flow right musically for me, i do however like the f'ed up melody ( in a good way) and the rest of the drums are pretty nice, so gj there!

@Stoned Monk i mean you had me at the avatar thumbnail... super cool love the "sprititual awakening" vibe you have going... all the melodic elements harmonize really well.. my favs parts are the subtle vocals and 1:20 and when the bass comes in, i'd like to make something in this style sometime really great track i zoned out hard man

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@Memento Beats I'm feeling the vibe as yes indeed it is comfortable.

Here goes me at

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.