Showcase - June 1-7, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falling (With You) - I really like what you did with the sample, nice vibe there. Good job!
Chains - I have to agree with @Marc Duncan - it sounds basic. I mean the composition is really complex, but it doesn't seem like everything plays together to create unified vibe. Nevertheless I liked the piano :)

Really nice vibe, but I think the composition or arrangement in the first part could include more bass, because it's so minimalistic I don't feel the foundation of the beat. But that maybe my personal preference. Great transition! I really dig that "let's turn around this beat, like 180 degrees". Good job!

I really like the drums and mix. But the samples and whole composition is too simple, as for me. Pretty good for freestyle purposes, but probably too simple for a more complex requirements. Buuut, then again - that's maybe just me :)

I just admire your work, sir! Everything is just so tight, drums hits hard, basslines are dope. Good work there, keep it up! :)

Really nice beat. Dope 808s and horns, but I think that horns could be less reverbed, so they would hit harder. Anyway, nice sound, you got there!

Wow. Nice sound! I liked City Morgue better, because of the energy. This is like the golden age of the dubstep/2step type of energy :D
Nice mix also, but I think there is some filtering in the low-mid section, because it not so "bassy" after all.
Great work!

Love it! Lately I'm also trying things with guitar, but your production is on the other level. Very selective mixdown, really nice! Video is also well performed :)

That's one tough MF! Great drums, 808s, mixdown. Everything is so hard hitting! Really nice work.

Here's two beats from me:

This one's refurbished beat, that I did long time ago:

And with this one, I'm really curious what do you guys think about nature, foley recordings over beats:

Best Wishes!

Thank you very much! :D

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Memento Beats @beugiea yeah i agree about chains after listening to it with fresh ears today i'll chock it up to a failed experiment/learning experience hard to be objectivly critical of yourself sometimes when your in the middle of making a beat heheh thank you for your feedback though big props anyway here's my two cents on your beats

@Memento Beats from what i've heard from you before you have a very distinctive style i rly digg the track.... how do i put this... it has personality ? know thats kinda vague.. think maybe its something like the stuff you can't be taught or i dunno the stuff that makes it unique something like that... but i rly digg that about your sound! your drum game is on a whole different level and nice use of the filters so gj m8 makes even me feel like a real hardcore gangster when i listen to it haha ^^

@beugiea that 80s type beat gives me some serious bladerunner nightrider vibes it's cool reminds me of something lazerhawk would make anyway loved it the synth sounds very geniune i also really like the breakdown at 1:50 you pulled that off really well and that the rest of the track changed it up after that kept it fresh... same thing as last time applies to the danish/polish tag haha :p

but oh man waterlilies and japaneese bridge! that was right up my alley damn cool vibe ,love the soft guitar over that killer bassline maybe turn down the water effects a little? though thats just an asthetic thing.. man your lofi stuff rly makes me zone right out had a hard time writing while listening hahaha anyway sweet beats i rly like ur stuff !

oh yeah lazerhawk reference

beugiea

@Memento Beats @beugiea yeah i agree about chains after listening to it with fresh ears today i'll chock it up to a failed experiment/learning experience hard to be objectivly critical of yourself sometimes when your in the middle of making a beat heheh thank you for your feedback though big props anyway here's my two cents on your beats

@Memento Beats from what i've heard from you before you have a very distinctive style i rly digg the track.... how do i put this... it has personality ? know thats kinda vague.. think maybe its something like the stuff you can't be taught or i dunno the stuff that makes it unique something like that... but i rly digg that about your sound! your drum game is on a whole different level and nice use of the filters so gj m8 makes even me feel like a real hardcore gangster when i listen to it haha ^^

@beugiea that 80s type beat gives me some serious bladerunner nightrider vibes it's cool reminds me of something lazerhawk would make anyway loved it the synth sounds very geniune i also really like the breakdown at 1:50 you pulled that off really well and that the rest of the track changed it up after that kept it fresh... same thing as last time applies to the danish/polish tag haha :p

but oh man waterlilies and japaneese bridge! that was right up my alley damn cool vibe ,love the soft guitar over that killer bassline maybe turn down the water effects a little? though thats just an asthetic thing.. man your lofi stuff rly makes me zone right out had a hard time writing while listening hahaha anyway sweet beats i rly like ur stuff !

Thanks a lot! Blade Runner is one of my favs! :d That guitar and bassline from the Water Lilies are actually one VST instrument - Rickenbacker Bass from NI, pretty dope plugin if you have any MIDI controller :)

Thanks a lot man! :D That's really kind of you. I appreciate it. :)

@beugiea

"Water Lilies and Japanese Bridge"- I like the sound of water a lot. It's something I don't use much and I respect people who can use such things in their music and incorporate them in it. Beautiful soft drums. Melody is nice. Guitar compliments the main melody and makes it full. Really good job.

"Good Old Days"- I don't know why but the sound of that synth reminds me of Axel F and Beverly Hills Cop. I like that chord progression that appears at 0:45. That change at 1:29 was pretty unexpected to me :D I mean when it comes to rhythm that you switched from let's call it boom bap rhythm to that half time. It was pretty cool. :D I have to say that this beat is very original as it's very progressive but you manage to keep it in the same style and the same mood. It's really cool.

beugiea

@beugiea

"Water Lilies and Japanese Bridge"- I like the sound of water a lot. It's something I don't use much and I respect people who can use such things in their music and incorporate them in it. Beautiful soft drums. Melody is nice. Guitar compliments the main melody and makes it full. Really good job.

"Good Old Days"- I don't know why but the sound of that synth reminds me of Axel F and Beverly Hills Cop. I like that chord progression that appears at 0:45. That change at 1:29 was pretty unexpected to me :D I mean when it comes to rhythm that you switched from let's call it boom bap rhythm to that half time. It was pretty cool. :D I have to say that this beat is very original as it's very progressive but you manage to keep it in the same style and the same mood. It's really cool.

Thanks for the review, appreciated! :) That warm synth is actually one of the stock Ableton Live Suite sounds (Retro Synths - Vintage 80s Classics - Warm Phat). That was pretty surprising when I opened that project after long time, because I thought that sound should be generated by some Serum/Massive/Sampled Analog Keys/Something-More-Sophisticated :D

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
@beugiea really dig the psychedelic style to your stuff
@Crispifier thanks glad you like them
@Memento Beats the mix on this is really clean love the drum work nice beat overall man
and yea i like to experiment with vocals on different kinds of arrangements

Like taking this Doja Cat song and making it listenable lol

or Putting One In A million over a dark heavy beat

@beugiea really dig the psychedelic style to your stuff
@Crispifier thanks glad you like them
@Memento Beats the mix on this is really clean love the drum work nice beat overall man
and yea i like to experiment with vocals on different kinds of arrangements

Like taking this Doja Cat song and making it listenable lol

or Putting One In A million over a dark heavy beat

Man! This Doja Cat is incredible! :D :clap::clap::clap: Btw that clap emoji looks weird :D Your style is a mix of mystery and aggression and this is great. Your arrangements and compositions are on top level as well as mixing skills. Really outstanding job. :fire::fire::fire:

I can say the same things about One In A Million. Keep it up and it's quite sad that you rarely participate in battles as your skills are amazing. :D

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
@Crispifier 1st one is nice.
Is the eastern instrument a sample/loop or played self??
I felt the bit when the eastern and vocal dropped out maybe seemed a bit lacking somehow, tho really liked the last chord of that measure.

2nd one yeah a little off maybe, the vibe just werent sitting right, but its good to experiment.
There was like a kinda ethniccy synth? What was this? You make that?

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
@Crispifier 1st one is nice.
Is the eastern instrument a sample/loop or played self??
I felt the bit when the eastern and vocal dropped out maybe seemed a bit lacking somehow, tho really liked the last chord of that measure.

2nd one yeah a little off maybe, the vibe just werent sitting right, but its good to experiment.
There was like a kinda ethniccy synth? What was this? You make that?

1 yeah i get that i could of maybe switched it up or done something else in the " verse" oh yeah its a sample i messed with a little i have an erhu as part of a free eastern instuments pack but it sounds off... this is the original

2 yeah i was too ambitious i dont have the skills yet to mix that type of piano with trap style drums hmm yeah i think i know what you mean in which case its just a stock fl studio jazz guitar with sc 20 and a bunch of effects on it :p

peace! ty for the feedback bruh its very on point :)

@Crispifier On listening, I think you should work on sound selection, you are very good at layering and composing melodies, the only problem with this particular track IMO is sound selection, the sounds just dont suit this genre or at least the acapella.
Keep it up though man, you really remind me of me, but better.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
@Crispifier On listening, I think you should work on sound selection, you are very good at layering and composing melodies, the only problem with this particular track IMO is sound selection, the sounds just dont suit this genre or at least the acapella.
Keep it up though man, you really remind me of me, but better.

I will! Thank You Sensei ! :D btw im listening to your stuff to figure out good snare sounds hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online