Showcase - June 1-7, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Crispifier I use delays, one panned left, one right, with fast delay, I found that around 40ms for the left and 50ms for the right is a good ballpark to start in. Really makes a snare pop, failing that, Waves RVox, saw another producer use it on all snares, now so do I. Its a combined gate and compressor thats great for snares as you can control the tail with it and make it louder. Also layer snares to get variation or a fuller snare, i often give a snare a boost around 300hz to give it a bit more oomph too.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@2GooD Productions ty for the tip !!

oh and @Khaly Beatz
i like your sound and the mix/drums are clean and the 808 thumps ! though it does gets a little repetetive after a while for my taste think it needs some breaks or a slight alteration in the comp to give it some spice. gj though man :)

@2GooD Productions ty for the tip !!

oh and @Khaly Beatz
i like your sound and the mix/drums sound clean and the 808 thumps ! though it does gets a little repetetive after a while for my taste think it needs some breaks or a slight alteration in the comp to give it some spice. gj though man :)
if you ever have any questions, Im glad to help

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Another one from me.

@Memento Beats the hard rock man of trap! Good shit as always I have no complaints here and your style shows through again, good shit bro!
So not to spam or anything but i made something weird today :woot:

yeah, like 2good said, need some different sounds to this, not that it aint cool, just seems more of a rough draft than a finished product if you know what I mean?

As far as other people putting their beats up, learn to try to give feedback and Id be happy to contribute to giving you feedback. Like with memento or 2good, not much I can say unless something sticks out at me cause they are very advanced compared to me and always have clean mixes and great sounds, but you can at least give something! I've seen them do too long of an intro or heard a sound that didnt fit or even to much repetition and I will give em that... just do something people!

Last edited:

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
First one sounds pretty good, the sample especially
Second one, not so much. Sounds like your "first beat" if you get me. Which is glaring seeing as how good the first one sounds.

Here's mine

@Marc Duncan this beat is fire... id tone the breath down though... less of it, but dont remove it.. otherwise thats a cool jam

@Crispifier that first ist really good. Sample creates some chilled vibes.
I think it’s important to adjust the drumsample sto your instrumental chords.
Anyhow, good jobs.
The scone is a little bit too much. Try to keep it simple

@Marc Duncan good Job. I could imagine j.cole Get on this

@OMAR. Im feeling that one man... nothing i got to say constructively, I like it bro

Been working on a re-mixtape, heres a few of what Ive made this week.

@2GooD Productions

Fast life is fucking fire bro... love it!
Rock On sounds good and all... but I dont care for the old school organ type sound of the keys, though I know a lot of people do otherwise another fire remix
aim is nails as well bro... outstanding
But conflict is my favorite, well done

@Crispifier The first beat is very relaxing, I can meditate on it)
second beat, weak drum part.

@OMAR. not bad, love it, but not so much variety, you can add guns to the atmosphere)):cool::)

Rate my beat

he is from a previous topic, but passed by
@OMAR. this is original, really like it, seems to be missing something, not sure what... maybe just a rapper lol. nice though its a head bobber

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
@Crispifier
1) Cool oriental atmosphere and mood of Guy Ritchie films. A good idea!
2)
Night and Mystical Beat, but I would change the snare, the drums are very similar to 8 bits.
But overall good music work. Well done :up2:

@Marc Duncan
Good Beat!
I liked how in the beginning, instead of Kik, she just plays bass and in the middle the background sound changes. In general, it sounds very voluminous. Well done.:up2:

@OMAR.
Sounds good!
High-quality modern sound.
Nothing more to say.
Well done!:up2:

@2GooD Productions
Hi BRO!:brofist:
1) the classic sound of the old school. In this you are well done, sounds and shakes.:up2:
2) Rock on - This is fire :fire: bro! I love this style!
3) - 4) The same situation. It beats all in one classic swinging style. Cool, I really liked it! :up2:

Hello everybody!!
:brofist:
This is my new BEAT with a guitar and piano.:keys:
It sounds a little lyrical but it's in the mood!

Love your stuff @WIKTO-GRIZZLY always some bright and well mixed.. you got your own style

Here is mine.

@Memento Beats fire again... know your beat from a mile away!

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Pappas Beats ty for your feedback ! Heh i get that im still debating what audio library is worth paying for so im still using a lot of stock fl stuff though have recently been experimenting with halftime and grossbeat starting to get some cool sounds outta them ! are you scandinavian btw ?

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Ok heres one I am messing with, unfinished but in the process so ready to make changes,, 3rd try to upload, ugh
Nothing here yet.

Last edited:
Ok heres one I am messing with, unfinished but in the process so ready to make changes,, 3rd try to upload, ugh
Nothing here yet.
My sort of instruments there, very interesting from the start, sort of goes off a little bit after the drop, Im not sure if theres a sound in there that just isnt working with the rest of it, but the mix sounds good. I would have done something more obvious with the sample at the start personally as it suits trap. I think the strings are bit too loud, they usually sound better when you let them sit right back in the mix. I think maybe if you took most of the instrumentation back in the mix, allow the beat and the bassline to stay upfront and loud it would sound a lot better. Always remember when making beats for an artist, you need to leave space for the artist, as the human ear is tuned to the frequency range of vocals our ears are very sensitive in that region of the frequency spectrum, the sort of mid to mid-high range of the spectrum. Small changes in this range are perceived far more easily by our ears so small changes have big effects, you need to carve out a bit of room in the mid to mid-high region in some instruments to give the vocal room to sit and be heard.

Dsensei

Battle Points: 37
@Crispifier i like the first one the second sound too "stock" needs some flavor
@Marc Duncan dope beat i like that arp that comes in at 1:17 maybe resample and chop it for some variety
@omar this ones funky my guy 808 knocks
@2GooD Productions all nice boom bap flips nice work
@Big moon Muzic i like it but it feels like its missing something maybe a rap over the top of it haha definitly clips in a couple spots like @ :40 when the horns drop

couple flips i did

Really like the combination of vocals and synths in the second beat

Khaly Beatz

Battle Points: 1
First one sounds pretty good, the sample especially
Second one, not so much. Sounds like your "first beat" if you get me. Which is glaring seeing as how good the first one sounds.

Here's mine

Ahhh man loved this. I was waiting for the kick and then the switch came in. Great work! Definently passes for a lil skies type beat. Here is mine :)

@Crispifier that first ist really good. Sample creates some chilled vibes.
I think it’s important to adjust the drumsample sto your instrumental chords.
Anyhow, good jobs.
The scone is a little bit too much. Try to keep it simple

@Marc Duncan good Job. I could imagine j.cole Get on this

Yo..this is straight flames.... Just a few suggestions, bring down the bass frequency a little, drums sound muffled with the bass. Drum pattern is really nice though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.