Showcase - June 19-25, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Battle Points: 1
Hey what up joe like the vibe to this beat.

Thanks man didnt really like the 3rd transitioning after it the vocals sound like ru paul n shit lmao

Adventurous Encounters

Let me know if you like and if you have a youtube channell subscribe and ill subcribe back

Really not my style trap beats but i do like the choice of piano keys pretty tight the transitioning of how your using them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
@Joe
"Rhythmatic Attraction" has the kick and snare that really destroy it. At 1:35, the distortion becomes even more apparent, it's just unacceptable.

"Adventurous Encounters" has nice drums, but a similar distortion problem happens with the first beat of every bar. I like this one more, the melody is better and it just sounds more refined. Why do all of these have somebody singing on them? Where did you get those bits from?

Joe

@Joe
"Rhythmatic Attraction" has the kick and snare that really destroy it. At 1:35, the distortion becomes even more apparent, it's just unacceptable.

"Adventurous Encounters" has nice drums, but a similar distortion problem happens with the first beat of every bar. I like this one more, the melody is better and it just sounds more refined. Why do all of these have somebody singing on them? Where did you get those bits from?
Just a program im using that comes with a bunch of vocal samples,drum kits, synths, instruments and fx called music maker jam

Boston MC

Nothing here yet.

Edgar

e'zz

@DamskiDam I like your melody (Bells) n how you transition your beat

@Feel I like that 808, it feels like some acrade soundtrack

@cto yoooo that shii made wavyyy, props

@Joe "Boston MC" shii pretty fresh, i like that drumbreak you used, n then strings u put in the back

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
@Joe
Some more distorted drums on "Boston MC". The breaks are really good, but I'm not sure whether you made them sound distorted on purpose. The instrument choice is alright too, but overall the beat is too loud.

@Edgar
That's some good chopping right there. The tinny snare didn't bother me all that much. The repetition might not have been necessary.

Joe

@Joe
Some more distorted drums on "Boston MC". The breaks are really good, but I'm not sure whether you made them sound distorted on purpose. The instrument choice is alright too, but overall the beat is too loud.

@Edgar
That's some good chopping right there. The tinny snare didn't bother me all that much. The repetition might not have been necessary.
Any tips you would have on not making the drums sound distorted @Drago Zetic

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Any tips you would have on not making the drums sound distorted @Drago Zetic
I don't know which program you work in, but you should check the levels, both on the master mixer channel and your drum track. Anything above the loudest possible signal (0 dB) is consider clipping, which distorts the audio. Provided that your drum files don't sound distorted by themselves, you should just make them quieter until they stop clipping. I personally use a limiter as a quick and easy way to get rid of clipping on the master channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online