Showcase - June 8-14, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Marc Duncan hahah thats so happy sounding ^^ the lalalala part especially the pauses break it up nicley aswell i think the overall comp is better than your last one the melody is more spaced out so it doesnt sound as much like a constant chorus if you get my drift ? gj m8 i like this one a lot! in short its far from my own style but i think its quirky and cool ! :)

so here's a new weird one i made as always any feedback is appreciated ! :D

Alejandro

AleVFX
@Marc Duncan hahah thats so happy sounding ^^ the lalalala part especially the pauses break it up nicley aswell i think the overall comp is better than your last one the melody is more spaced out so it doesnt sound as much like a constant chorus if you get my drift ? gj m8 i like this one a lot! in short its far from my own style but I think its quirky and cool ! :)

I like it but for its the length it does very few changes so I would add more variation or shorten it.
Good sound.

Marc Duncan

The Black Man
Battle Points: 3
@Marc Duncan hahah thats so happy sounding ^^ the lalalala part especially the pauses break it up nicley aswell i think the overall comp is better than your last one the melody is more spaced out so it doesnt sound as much like a constant chorus if you get my drift ? gj m8 i like this one a lot! in short its far from my own style but i think its quirky and cool ! :)

If you played the drums yourself, then I need you to send me a whole kit of drum fills cuz' they fucking bang. SICK AF.

Alejandro

AleVFX

Here’s a not so serious soundtrack I made in a few hours. I didn’t publish it as a finished track as there’s something is missing. It is not what can be called a hip hop beat I think. Some months ago I moved to orchestral music and soundtracks in general. However, I wanted some feedback anyways and this track is one that still had a lot of influence from my previous experience during composition. I hope you like it.

Here’s a not so serious soundtrack I made in a few hours. I didn’t publish it as a finished track as there’s something is missing. It is not what can be called a hip hop beat I think. Some months ago I moved to orchestral music and soundtracks in general. However, I wanted some feedback anyways and this track is one that still had a lot of influence from my previous experience during composition. I hope you like it.

wasnt sure what to expect at first but once that beat dropped I thought yes, this is dope. I think the flute/horns are a little harsh maybe a little too loud but apart from that nothing else really stood out, Nice variation, it stays interesting and changes up when you expect it to. I could very easily sample this and make a hip hop battle beat with it. Good work.

@Crispifier This reminds me of some early 90's dance music, like Bomb the Bass or Paul Hardcastle. Once again I would say not the best choice of sounds for hip hop though. I think maybe if the bassline was a bit smoother, a lot fewer but longer notes that might help. But as early 90's dance, it really works.

@Marc Duncan I like this, it sounds mixed really well, no harsh frequencies, and that vocal chop is really dope. Could be a really commercial track.

Last edited:

QUARANTINE IS ALMOST OVER YAAAAY!!!!!
I NEED A JOB LOL

Probably the happiest trap beat I have ever heard :D I like it

Another great production from you. :D I like this beat a lot. Nice vocal samples. I love the mood of this song. It sounds like a soundtrack from a movie or some futuristic video game like Cyberpunk 2077 or something. Great drums, great mix. Keep doing your thing because from what I can see you're very creative when it comes to music. :D

It's a decent composition. In terms of arrangement and composition it's cool in my opinion. However, I didn't like that part that appears at 0:53. This flute/horn thing? It doesn't fit to the rest and it's a little bit too loud. Also flute should be quieter as well as that bass thing in the background. But overall it's nice.

I can't wait for this mixtape :D As far as these songs are concerned there is nothing that should be improved in my opinion. Vocals fit perfectly to the beats. It's really good piece of work. :D

Un-Named 01 sounds better in my opinion. Nice rhythm on drums. Interesting melody on that synth. It's not necessarily my style so if I were you I would keep distance from my opinion. Maybe snare could be louder as well as that melody on synth. You could also add some other instruments to the background to make it fuller and to make the arrangement more interesting. Like pads or something. But it has to be something delicate because that synth as well as the whole beat is also quite minimalistic delicate in the structure. Overall, it's interesting. :D

Unfortunately, I don't like Un-Named 02 because the melody is not nice, mix is not done well. Also hihats sound a bit weird. I remember that I used to put hihats in similar configuration when I started making beats. Especially like you have them at 0:37 seconds mark but trust me it doesn't work well. Good thing about this beat is the fact that you tried to play with arrangement of drums. Sometimes you took something away, sometimes you added. It's a good thing but work on your hihats. Learn how to create hihat rolls etc. Also try to work on what's going on in your background as again it feels empty when you base your beat only on that synth melody. Don't worry about mix that much. It should come with time. :)

Alejandro

AleVFX
My flip of Super Mario Theme that I made for Beat This contest two/three weeks ago.

Very weird a song using the Mario theme as it makes me difficult to avoid thinking about the Nintendo game instead of the song itself in a bad way. I never take seriously Mario games. However, I found really cool the development around the theme and the song itself.Especially when the main melody is not used I can appreciate the song better. It remembers me in a way EDM songs. But like I said, it is very difficult for me to judge this song objectively especially at the beginning and at the end. I never liked both the game and the main theme so can’t give those parts any objective judgment.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Marc Duncan thanks loads m8! i've been working steadily on my drum game, the snare and kick sounds and are from ghosthacks ultimate producer bundle with a lot of mono reverb on the snare. the bongos and hats are from the free lowfi pack on this site i mean i did sequence them myself if thats what you mean :p im sure you could replicate it with just about any drum pack you have if you dl the bongos and mess with the snare :)

@Alejandro yeah i get what your saying i was debating putting a melody over the bassline in the dracula part to spice things up a little but i diddn't want to muddy the mix to much so you couldnt hear the talking. very valid point though

@Feel ahhhh to you too m8 :D

@2GooD Productions haha i checked out bomb the bass after reading this.. those guys stole my drum groove before i was born ! yeah i think i should come clean and say i dont strictly consider myself a hiphop producer dont get me wrong i love the genre especially older stuff like mobb deep, pharycide tribe called quest etc but a lot of the reason i'm here is to up my drum game from ppl who are experts at it (since its one of my weaker points musically), Like I learned a heck of a lot from this site and listening to your music especially so i am considering trying to make a straight up hip hop track for my next project this being a hip hop producer forum and all hehe. Really appriciate you giving your feedback regardless its always spot on :)

@Memento Beats thanks a ton m8 you along with @2GooD Productions are probably the two guys i look up the most on this forum so it really means a lot when you say that :)

anyway on to the reviews !

@Alejandro love the drum groove and the hats really work the orchestral swells at the start are really well put together (read as fcking fire!) not a huge fan of the organ think it needs to be playing a chord or a two layer harmonization/some other melody to make it sit better. overall very good sound and design a little polish and this would turn out epic

@2GooD Productions what can i say my man, your beats are straight up godtier in my eyes. Think its only a matter of time before you really blow up if you keep pumping em out at this level. if you found the right artist to colab with and really buckled down to make an ep/album people would eat that shit straight up. sorry i dont have anything constructive to point out or say you should improve (must be frustrating being at your level haha) but just keep at it, your talent both musically and rhythmically is nuts !!

@Feel ok so

track 1 good stuff: the melody is cool and unique and the groove is good and works with the rest of the beat. not so good stuff: to my ears atleast the bass sounds slightly out of tune things to improve: you should focus on adding some more elements to spice it up a little keep working on your fundamentals especially basic music theory, i think you have the drums down well in this track so keep at it man i see promise under the faults, also i'm sorry if i come across as a little harsh i know you worked hard on these but i need to say it like i hear it

track 2

you know i used to play in a brass band when i was in middle school and this sound is like something a totally new trombone player would make :O you really need to work on your musicality and melody composition i agree with @Memento Beats about the drums keep working hard i like that you experiment but before you break the rules in music you need to first learn them so you can break them in the right way

check out this video and some more on melody from this guy he's insanly talented at every aspect of beatmaking and just music in general i think it would really help you

@Memento Beats i love the 808 work and sound of the hats and i'm also a huge fan of gaming so it's right up my alley :p know this was part of a comp but the idea of taking weird sounds and making a track from them is very appealing to me i wish you could get your hands on some itallian rapper who could do a mario's voice style rap over this hahah great work m8

@OMAR. this is super chill i like the electronic keyboard playing the main theme its very relaxing and sounds great well mixed and a cool boom bap style to the drums too i dont have much to add as i wouldnt want to change this much at all i just think its really solid also i jammed over this with my guitar :p heheh i think the chord progression is super pretty

@Memento Beats thanks a ton m8 you along with @2GooD Productions are probably the two guys i look up the most on this forum so it really means a lot when you say that :)

anyway on to the reviews !

@Memento Beats i love the 808 work and sound of the hats and i'm also a huge fan of gaming so it's right up my alley :p know this was part of a comp but the idea of taking weird sounds and making a track from them is very appealing to me i wish you could get your hands on some itallian rapper who could do a mario's voice style rap over this hahah great work m8

Thank you very much! :D It means a lot to me man! <3

Very weird a song using the Mario theme as it makes me difficult to avoid thinking about the Nintendo game instead of the song itself in a bad way. I never take seriously Mario games. However, I found really cool the development around the theme and the song itself.Especially when the main melody is not used I can appreciate the song better. It remembers me in a way EDM songs. But like I said, it is very difficult for me to judge this song objectively especially at the beginning and at the end. I never liked both the game and the main theme so can’t give those parts any objective judgment.

Thank you for your feedback. :) I also have never been a fan of Mario games so I feel you. :D But I have to admit I had a lot of fun creating my submission for that contest. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online