Showcase - June 8-14, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantom 91

@Marc Duncan straight bager 21 savage would murder this
@Crispifier loving the vibe straight chill beat i enjoyed it very much
@Alejandro easily could pass as a soundtrack or some video game menu music :) nice job
@2GooD Productions back to the 90s loving that flavor from tehnical asspect i dont nothing to add you know what you doing big ups
@Feel first one is kinda too simple i dont know that main melody could have more variations , second one melody is far interesting but is also kinda repetitve which is to me not some kinda problem but more variotions on main melody could do wonders
@
Memento Beats i think you are my favorite producer here :D loving the ideas and diretcion in which you took it
@EsquireMusic111 cant open the beat :D
@Chad sunday morning defiintitly my favorite got that early kanye just blaze feel to it nice job
@crosstevsky loving the experimentiation with this love tthat how would you describe industrial glitch sound sound very good

@Primz really nothing to say to this not really my taste but i feel that synthwawe inspiration behind it exellecnt job my man

still in this corona hiatus started working so dont have much time but im experimenting with some lofi and some kind of trap this new kinda chill lofi type beat take a listen

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
@Alejandro easily could pass as a soundtrack or some video game menu music :) nice job
@2GooD Productions back to the 90s loving that flavor from tehnical asspect i dont nothing to add you know what you doing big ups
@Feel first one is kinda too simple i dont know that main melody could have more variations , second one melody is far interesting but is also kinda repetitve which is to me not some kinda problem but more variotions on main melody could do wonders
@
Memento Beats i think you are my favorite producer here :D loving the ideas and diretcion in which you took it
@Chad sunday morning defiintitly my favorite got that early kanye just blaze feel to it nice job
@crosstevsky loving the experimentiation with this love tthat how would you describe industrial glitch sound sound very good

@Primz really nothing to say to this not really my taste but i feel that synthwawe inspiration behind it exellecnt job my man

still in this corona hiatus started working so dont have much time but im experimenting with some lofi and some kind of trap this new kinda chill lofi type beat take a listen

Thanks for the feedback @Fantom 91... I really like the sound of your beat, it has nice "space"...like you've used reverb very tastefully...

BigAl

the good: it has a moody atmosphere and how to convey emotion with music is not something you can learn from a tutorial it also has structure so it's no one long chorus that is to say the composition is decent

the not so good:
i was really digging it til the 1.42 mark than that godsforsaken tom really killed it for me unfortunatly,

things to improve: since it's your first beat not sure i would say just keep making them, look up some tutorials online, maybe on some simple drum patterns and im a huge advocate for learning basic music theory. You can also add some extra melodies to spice it up oh and please use toms carefully as they can fuck up your rythmn section very easily if not used right. When it comes to the mix i am far from an expert but i would say just focus on the other stuff to start with and it should come with time and practice

to sum up: very good work for your first beat man!
Thank you so much for taking the time to critique this.
I have taken all on board and have now replaced the toms!
Will keep going and learning and see what happens!

@

Thanks a lot man! :D

As far as your beat is concerned, very dark mood, I like the clap in it. This guitar sounds great in my opinion but the whole beat is quite scary and unnerving. But I like it a lot. :D

Here‘s my new Beat. I gon give my feedback after I finish work. You know in Germany you spent half of your life at work.
Anyways

I'm really sorry I didn't review your beat earlier. I must have overlooked it. :( Anyway, I love the melody here. It has quite nostalgic mood to me but the sound of that electric piano is awesome! :D The beat has very delicate bass in it. Mix is cool. I also like the animation you used in your video. Great job! :up2::up2::up2:

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Fantom 91 thx for the feedback my man! yours is really interesting i like the use of what im assuming is a sample ? the drums are really unique i think it's super cool vibe you got going there, i'd personally like a few variations or pauses to mix it up a little but thats just my own taste... very good work my friend !

@Khaly Beatz i'll give you a review but i really think you should take the time to start writing about other peoples music more if you expect ppl to care about yours (not to start drama or anything i dont want any beef)

this is on the juice wrld style one: very cool use of bells and piano i think you have this chill lowkey trap style down very well i'm not super familar with the genre but i like the comp a lot !
it's the sort of music i could just lie back in a good chair and relax to. also nice 808 dont have much more to add solid work you should make more of this style it really suits you imho :)

@Memento Beats you are the absoloute king of this style your hat work as usual really blows me away i like the super angry sounding synth ( not sure what its called :p ) good comp you switched up the drums a few places in the beat and it really keeps it fresh i'll just add that i'm becoming a huge fan ^^

Last edited:

Khaly Beatz

Battle Points: 1
@Fantom 91 thx for the feedback my man! yours is really interesting i like the use of what im assuming is a sample ? the drums are really unique i think it's super cool vibe you got going there, i'd personally like a few variations or pauses to mix it up a little but thats just my own taste... very good work my friend !

@Khaly Beatz i'll give you a review but i really think you should take the time to start writing about other peoples music more if you expect ppl to care about yours (not to start drama or anything i dont want any beef)

this is on the juice wrld style one: very cool use of bells and piano i think you have this chill lowkey trap style down very well i'm not super familar with the genre but i like the comp a lot !
it's the sort of music i could just lie back in a good chair and relax to. also nice 808 dont have much more to add solid work you should make more of this style it really suits you imho :)

@Memento Beats you are the absoloute king of this style your hat work as usual really blows me away i like the super angry sounding synth ( not sure what its called :p ) good comp you switched up the drums a few places in the beat and it really keeps it fresh i'll just add that i'm becoming a huge fan ^^
@Crispifier Thanks for the review, I hear you but lately I've been battling to review music on the showcase thread because the genre/sound is so different. I can't comment on mixing / mastering too much either because 9/10 times no work is really needed and I am still learning in that area so I simply dont have an ear for the finer details just yet and will rather not comment on something I am still really inexperienced in, I wouldn't be helping a Producer get any better by commenting "just to comment" I would just be writing a review with no real valuable input. I listen to the music on the forum don't get me wrong. I just haven't really figured out how to give back just yet. I will try put in more effort, thanks for calling me out on it

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Khaly Beatz big ups for that response. I totally get your point i am far from the most experienced or competent producer/mixer here and quite new to the forum aswell. I also give my opinion on just about everything naturally (ive been told haha) anyway, the way i see it you dont always have to give a super elaborate critique of a track i think just a "oh that was cool what you did there" or "i liked this but not that" is totally valid, atleast it shows interest i feel ppl can decide wether or not to take onboard feedback and whos opinion they value themselves. Again totally get your point though and also that not everyone is as enthusiastic at sharing their opinion as i am :)

Last edited:

Khaly Beatz

@

Really unique vibe, although I do think it needs some variation.

Khaly Beatz

Ok so I decided to attempt beat making when we went into lockdown.
Never used a DAW before or attempted this before, however been into hip hop for over 30 yrs.

So here goes........
Fixed Track.....No Toms!

This is really not a bad "first beat attempt", has great tempo and variation. Although this isn't a common hip hop style beat, if that is what you were going for.

Tried to catch a vibe with this one:

Very dreamy one. :D Very original sounding snare, however, it was a little bit too piercing to my ears. Like its sound was very harsh to my ears and I think it's too loud. Nevertheless, I like the arrangement and structure of this beat. Nice melody. I liked that moment you have around 1:24 when the sound of waves can be heard. It adds a lot to that dreamy mood of the beat and I appreciate when someone uses such elements in their productions because it's something I don't do. So I kinda look up to people who can incorporate it in their beats and make it sound good. So as I said I think that the only thing I disliked was that snare.

@Khaly Beatz Don't be afraid to give feedback no matter what form it may take. The fact that you are not experienced doesn't mean much as each one of us perceives music differently and each one of us can notice different things in one's work. So you know, this section is intended to be a place for everyone to share their thoughts no matter of their level of advancement. Whether someone will take your opinion into consideration or not is their thing. Nevertheless, with every feedback you give you can help someone improve themselves and it's not important whether you give them very detailed feedback or just point one thing. Don't worry about it. Be open about what you think and don't hesitate to express your opinion.

When it comes to your beat in style of Smokepurpp and Lil Pump, drums are on point. Your hihats are arranged in good way, it's nice that you pan them to the sides. This is something I really love doing when it comes to making hihats in my beats. It keeps them interesting. I love it. Nice low end. It's good that you used two types of snares. It also adds a lot to the arrangement of the whole beat not only drums. I like it. Maybe one thing I would improve are the elements you add to that spooky melody you have on the piano. Like that organs (?) thing you have in the background and also lower melody that appears there. It sounds a little atonal to me but I also realise it may fit to the mood of the beat and I think it was intended to be that way. So this is one thing I wanted to classify as a drawback but it's not really a drawback as it doesn't turn me off much. It's just one thing that might have been done better in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online