Showcase - March 13-19, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

arta

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 15
@NONONSENSEBEATS That's a great smooth club beat that I can see quite a lot of rappers on, I'm thinking a collab with Lil Wayne and someone else.
@Marc Duncan Great instrumentation on this. If I had to nitpick there are two hi pitched synth melodies at 0:55 that combined sound a tad loud in the mix. This is another beat that I can see quite a bit of rappers on for a "you and your girl chilling by the bar with drinks" type beat

Great work guys. These never got critiqued from last week, so I'm reposting them.

FifEST

@NONONSENSEBEATS all lit except that high synth, i dont know i dont dig it :( 5/10
@Marc Duncan that filters you use, it goes too much and it's affecting all the sound it filters, i suggest dont turn it too much down
overall, sounds cool and "happy". 6/10
@arta these synth sound imo too digitalized for my taste. The second track sounds good but needs a better mixing 6/10
@Koey Wow nice track, gives Chillstep mood, i love that actually! maybe the "break" can be better, but i give it 9/10
@tomkillsjerry "Move Me" just for making track interesting, i would would let play piano on the left channel also, or delayin to left or somehow to make it more interesting. But i dont blame, to make beat like Clams, its not easy.
"On Some Shit" - that distortion is a bit too much, or if it would be "cleaner" than even maybe not..
Sounds fire but kick need some work! 8/10

About myself - im more into oldschool sh_t, and this came like, oldschool G-unit/Gangstarr/Wu-Tang.
[soundcloud]

More info about myself:
https://www.illmuzik.com/threads/fif-new-from-estonia.38173/#post-352017

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
@NONONSENSEBEATS - The mix overall sounds a bit thin to me. I think it's mostly an additive result of the instruments tho. They all sound thin. Try layering them up and messing with the stereo imaging and possibly some R and L reverb.

@Marc Duncan - The piano line is cool. When everything comes in, the drums sound like they're taking a back seat to the synth line. I think you can turn down the synth to help bring back the drums presence cuz the levels sound good once the synth line drops back out. Not a big fan of the synth line tho.

@arta - Listening to one chance - some of those bass notes sound out of key as I'm listening to this. Drums could come up some more. You may need to cut some low/mid frequencies in the instruments to help give them some more space. The synth sounds you've got sound a lil too "stock" to my ears.

@tomkillsjerry - Appreciate the feed man! Listening to Move Me...mix is clean. It's got a nice vibe to it. Digging the percussion work you've got going on with the panning. I was waiting for something to come in to really bring the track to some sort of climatic point after vibing with all the ambiance but that's just me.

@FifEST Appreciate it brotha! I saw that you left a comment on my soundcloud about the kick. I was gonna respond there, but thought it'd be easier to answer the question here: which frequencies would you saw need some cutting/boosting on the kick? Haha I redid the EQ for it like 5 times trying to get it to punch through with the bass playing. Thought I got it right but wanted to hear your thoughts on what could be fixed.

Listening to your track now...I like the snare sample choice. The tail end of that snare sample gives it a real nice texture. I'm listening on earphones but I feel like the bass you've got could use some more higher frequencies so you can also "hear it" along with "feeling it." The sample chops kind of throw me off a bit. If you're going for that kind of switch up, I feel like transitionally you should try to help guide the listener's ear. It feels too abrupt as I'm listening again.

FifEST

@NONONSENSEBEATS - The mix overall sounds a bit thin to me. I think it's mostly an additive result of the instruments tho. They all sound thin. Try layering them up and messing with the stereo imaging and possibly some R and L reverb.

@Marc Duncan - The piano line is cool. When everything comes in, the drums sound like they're taking a back seat to the synth line. I think you can turn down the synth to help bring back the drums presence cuz the levels sound good once the synth line drops back out. Not a big fan of the synth line tho.

@arta - Listening to one chance - some of those bass notes sound out of key as I'm listening to this. Drums could come up some more. You may need to cut some low/mid frequencies in the instruments to help give them some more space. The synth sounds you've got sound a lil too "stock" to my ears.

@tomkillsjerry - Appreciate the feed man! Listening to Move Me...mix is clean. It's got a nice vibe to it. Digging the percussion work you've got going on with the panning. I was waiting for something to come in to really bring the track to some sort of climatic point after vibing with all the ambiance but that's just me.

@FifEST Appreciate it brotha! I saw that you left a comment on my soundcloud about the kick. I was gonna respond there, but thought it'd be easier to answer the question here: which frequencies would you saw need some cutting/boosting on the kick? Haha I redid the EQ for it like 5 times trying to get it to punch through with the bass playing. Thought I got it right but wanted to hear your thoughts on what could be fixed.

Listening to your track now...I like the snare sample choice. The tail end of that snare sample gives it a real nice texture. I'm listening on earphones but I feel like the bass you've got could use some more higher frequencies so you can also "hear it" along with "feeling it." The sample chops kind of throw me off a bit. If you're going for that kind of switch up, I feel like transitionally you should try to help guide the listener's ear. It feels too abrupt as I'm listening again.

Today i listened again, then i didn't hear problem of the kick, i would make the tok maybe the stronger.
I had jam in the studio yesterday, maybe my ears were tired.
U can add more than 1 EQ when u feel u cut right freq.

About my track
The bass is fitted with the key the sample starts. For An example, if i would use higher frequencies, it would not sound raw and old schoolish and even not right. I firstly made the beat with headphones and mixed in monitors and the sound for myself is like i meant to be. I don't want to over"bass" too much.

Switch up would be different if i had songwriter with me. Like if you do a track together then ideas will be different, who knows maybe if the artist will rap innit then this abrupted switch up doesn't sound like that?

We do different music so it's hard to understand the ideas, there's not actually a right way to do something, everyone does it like he/she hears it. This is your own language what u want to teach to the listener.

In your last track:
I understand why u used the ring call tone but it sounds still unprofessional, maybe if you would lower the volume, it doesn't feel like "Your own phone calls" ya mean?
It annoys also if it's on repeat :D
The use of vocal gives nice rhythm, it's the Ace thing in that track. Is this maybe Jhene Aiko? I love her :D
That "boom-boom-boom" sounds so great before break also, nice idea.
I now listening to that track 5th time i heard that metallic FX u used sometimes, this is fuken bad man if u want to do "romantic track" then don't use this sound. And i hear u EQ-d it with high pass filter, it sounds so bad somehow in the left channel. And in the end, it will wreck your snare also.
Sparkle fx can be cleaner.

And if you don't agree with me then we can go back:

We do different music so it's hard to understand the ideas, there's not actually a right way to do something, everyone does it like he/she hears it. This is your own language what u want to teach to the listener.

U have other nice tracks but i don't dig overusing the acapella/vocals

Edit: I just thought that, this track is great for Hip Hop dancers, i just felt that "movement".

@NONONSENSEBEATS That's a great smooth club beat that I can see quite a lot of rappers on, I'm thinking a collab with Lil Wayne and someone else.
@Marc Duncan Great instrumentation on this. If I had to nitpick there are two hi pitched synth melodies at 0:55 that combined sound a tad loud in the mix. This is another beat that I can see quite a bit of rappers on for a "you and your girl chilling by the bar with drinks" type beat

Great work guys. These never got critiqued from last week, so I'm reposting them.

@arta ..The 1st track "ONE CHANCE" is real smooth...everything is in the right places..DOPE. THE 2ND TRACK " MR. FANTASTIC" IS REALY COOL, except the arp and bells are a little loud. they are drowning out your beat...just my opinion. overall i like both beats...KEEP BANGIN'

RnB? sounds smooth as fuck. Here's mine.

@Marc Duncan, REAL SMOOTH BEAT, BUT THE ONLY THING I HAVE TO SAY THAT'S NOT WORKING IN THIS TRACK IS THE BRIDGE IN THIS TRACK WITH THE SOLO SYNTH, IS IT'S TOO LOUD...NEEDS TO COME DOWN MORE AND SHOULD BE TUCKED IN THE TRACK AND NOT OVERBEARING...JUST MY OPINION:). OVERALL IT'S A SMOOTH SOUND

@Marc Duncan, REAL SMOOTH BEAT, BUT THE ONLY THING I HAVE TO SAY THAT'S NOT WORKING IN THIS TRACK IS THE BRIDGE IN THIS TRACK WITH THE SOLO SYNTH, IS IT'S TOO LOUD...NEEDS TO COME DOWN MORE AND SHOULD BE TUCKED IN THE TRACK AND NOT OVERBEARING...JUST MY OPINION:). OVERALL IT'S A SMOOTH SOUND
CHECK OUT MY LATEST UPLOAD..."IT WAS ALL A DREAM"

Krass1

Battle Points: 13
@DEEZ BEATZ
Smooth as bruh
U can really flip different feels
Your trap style is dope but then u drop something like this which is a head nodder with tight drums
Love this it's dope af!!

@DEEZ BEATZ
Smooth as bruh
U can really flip different feels
Your trap style is dope but then u drop something like this which is a head nodder with tight drums
Love this it's dope af!!
@Krass1 , thanks for the props bruh, i do trap beats because for the past 2yrs i have been producing music for rappers who demand trap beats. but i do a little bit of every and anything. i consider myself to be very versatile

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
I will be giving my review on these beats, but for now, enjoy this #SlideWhistle beat:

Nothing here yet.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
@NONONSENSEBEATS - Bruh, this beat is really well mixed. I honestly can't find anything to critique you on with this beat. The R&B vibe mixed with a little trap makes for a dope blend. Props!

@arta - One Chance: I like the melodies, the bassline, and the hi hat volume of this beat. However, I feel your kick and snare lack punch for this track. Those two pieces of the drum are the meat, so beef them both up, and you'll have a solid track.

Mr Fantastic: Nice uptempo vibe, and I LOVE how you added panning (my favorite effect without using any effects). Seems to be solidly mixed, yet again, the kick and the snare/clap are lacking punch.

@Koey - The actual beat has a nice vibe, although it seems a little loud (and I'm listening at a low volume). Wasn't really feeling the intro with panning coming right out the gate...usually panning should come later on in the beat, not in the intro. Nice job on the drums

@tomkillsjerry - Move Me: Nice mellow vibe. Not feeling the volume level of the hats. I respect the use of panning, but feel there's too much going on with that effect. The drums sound ok and the bassline is dope. Overall, the busyness of this beat has me a little confused

On Some Shit: WHOA, that bassline is TOO in your face, and sounds distorted. Drums are lacking punch for a beat of this calibre.

@FifEST - I'm digging this vibe. The drums are well mixed and on point. That change-up might sound better as an intro or outro beat, and keep the main beat as the meat of your track.

@DEEZ BEATZ - THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! My God yo, this beat is nice! Those drums, the melody, the mix, the fillers, and the vibe is perfect! This is that storytelling type beat

@TeeJay Sounds - This is a nice laid back vibe. The hats...OMG, I know you're new on here, but I can't stand hi hat volumes that stick out like sore thumbs. IMO, hats should NEVER be louder than the kick and snare...it should sit below the drums, just loud enough to hear them in the background, allowing for the kick and snare to shine. Other than that, this beat is nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online