Showcase - March 19-25, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@Matt-D : I like the mix of it and the design of the synths. Drums sound raw and gritty too, which is a nice aesthetic touch. No complaints from me. Good job

@Marc Duncan : I like the mix of the kick and overall vibe. I don't really get a 6ix9ine vibe from it, which might be because I only know his two most popular tracks, but it's still pretty good. Sounds like space music to me

@paulgayo1287 : I like the moody melody of it and the sound of the opening, they give it a 80s New Wave aesthetic while still being within the realm of hip hop because of the drum sounds and drum pattern. Good mix too, nice job.

@GRTBTZ : I thought the intro into the beat was a little too long, you might want to add another instrument from the song into the intro instead of just having the two synths. I also think the buzzy synth could be EQ'd a little to fit in the mix of the track better. Overall I like the form and the ideas though.

Here's my track, feedback is appreciated:

GRTBTZ

Battle Points: 1
@Matt-D : I like the mix of it and the design of the synths. Drums sound raw and gritty too, which is a nice aesthetic touch. No complaints from me. Good job

@Marc Duncan : I like the mix of the kick and overall vibe. I don't really get a 6ix9ine vibe from it, which might be because I only know his two most popular tracks, but it's still pretty good. Sounds like space music to me

@paulgayo1287 : I like the moody melody of it and the sound of the opening, they give it a 80s New Wave aesthetic while still being within the realm of hip hop because of the drum sounds and drum pattern. Good mix too, nice job.

@GRTBTZ : I thought the intro into the beat was a little too long, you might want to add another instrument from the song into the intro instead of just having the two synths. I also think the buzzy synth could be EQ'd a little to fit in the mix of the track better. Overall I like the form and the ideas though.

@Chad Your track sounds clean, my suggestion would be to make the 808s a little less muddy. Maybe EQ some of the low end off them.

GhostChamberz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 128
@Matt-D
Dope but its a little messy and i think less is more on something like this. I like the analog synth but theres another sound that is out of tune that is clashing with it.

@Marc Duncan
I like the main melody. The mix is super muddy though. You should work on the mix.

@GRTBTZ
I like the piano, the drums are a little chaotic, That analog synth though, you should turn it down a bit. I didnt like how the switchup sounded. It didnt make sense.

@paulgayo1287
This is smooth. Good beat. Not much to add.

@Chad
This is a good beat but oh my god u need to turn that fuckin 808 down lol. yo. u tryna kill people with your 808?
Like the sample, drum pattern is good. hihats soundin crisp. but that 808 though dude hahahah. Turn it down!

@RCS
Yo yo yo mic check mic check bout to freestyle off the top uh uh turn my headphones up. Repetetive but would work as a good freestyle beat. i only listened to the first beat. Beat 98.

Heres a beat i just made. Threw on a finesse acapella n made it into a remix instead

GRTBTZ

Battle Points: 1
Hey @RCS I really think you should develop your beats even further. They sound really good. Try changing things up a little and develop it some more. Other than that you're sounding good.

Johni Cleveland

Rhythmist, and sound Arcivist.
Battle Points: 22
@producervibes this is nice man, i love the bass and the keys are cool too. On point work here.

@GhostChamberz nice work man, love it. Sounds like a Alchemist beat.

@GRTBTZ this track has potential for sure. I think it could use more work on the mix. Drums sound a bit thin. But i like the sounds you chose.

Check me out if you guys have time. i also subscribe,like and, comment back.

RRCarell

I like the melody, but the drums are kinda messy. But cool nonetheless, here's mine.

dig the production but theres something depressing in its whimsy, to me, and im having a hard time vibing with it. makes me wish i still had the original harvest moon on ps.

Status
Not open for further replies.