Showcase - March 4-10, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

VCFan1001

@Taron
Im liking that delay vocals youre using, I think after the intro with all the vocals snaps and fx its sounding great but it throws it when you go into that piano melody, not a fan if im honest. The main string melody is good but I think its lacking something, it sounds too repatetive if you had something to back it up coming in every 4 batrs or at the end of evey 4/8 would be nice, good work overall bro!

@Dahmi Mortals
I like the dark feel of your first track bro, that bass is ill but I think the low end is very messy with the kick and bass and everything playing together, bit more mixing would make it ill!
Same with the second track bro, great dark feeling, but I think you could do with some more mixing work, the track is nice but its a bit much with everything going on, just a balance issue in my opinion, ill tracks tho!

@Matt-D
Sick drop into the beat bro, I like that sample and the choppings nice as well, think the drums may be too forward for me or it could just be the hi-hats but I think the sample could do with a bit of boost or drums lowering. Like that syth coming on, its well funky beat!

@BISHOPbenz.
Great sample choice man, those drums really sit well with that bro, the synth as well comes in for a bit of variety, think its pretty solid bro! A good MC on this would sound nice!

@madja
Nice melody man, I like the sound of that piano/music box, very nice!
Pretty solid bro, the 808 is nice as well, just a bit of tweak with the kick I think coz of the drum pattern its a bit wild but good beat tho!

@VCFan1001
Hey man liking those drums bro, the first beat is nice but I think you could do a bit more of those chops, not really digging that chop pattern. The second beat is better in my opinion, with some bass another sample to play with it itll sound ill!

@Copyno
Hey man the way that beat drops is mad! The intro is very nice as well man I like what you did there.
Not much to say bro solid work!

@EsquireMusic111
Really nice man, its got a real good pop vibe to it man,
solid stuff bro!

@WIKTO-GRIZZLY
Love your stuff bro, that piano is nice! The groove and drums are hard!

Heres my latest, would appreciate feedback on the mix since I been going back and forth with it for a while

Thanks for the honest feedback. Ill try and add a base-line to the next beat that I do. Also, i'll spend more time trying to discover better chop patterns. Regarding the baseline, I'm still trying to figure out how the baseline works every time I try it sounds mad off and out of tune.

Last edited:

ATR360

ReZoUnD
Battle Points: 42
@Dahmi Mortals
I like the dark feel of your first track bro, that bass is ill but I think the low end is very messy with the kick and bass and everything playing together, bit more mixing would make it ill!
Same with the second track bro, great dark feeling, but I think you could do with some more mixing work, the track is nice but its a bit much with everything going on, just a balance issue in my opinion, ill tracks tho!
Thanks for listening and feedback. I have to say with the advise you gave me I think you should do the opposite, your mix feels mundane. You should add some chaos to your mix, try some saturation like on your snare and use some pink noise with a gate to give that snare a gentle tale, use some parallel compression on the kick and give it a thumping vibe, try some tube distortion on your music (melodies) tracks, and use effects like delay and reverbs to place your tracks in a space, what i mean is reverb can create distance so all tracks or not in front and delays like slap to add thickness, overall have some fun with your music, ride the faders and don't get distracted with being technical. But good observation on my tracks, you're 100% correct technically, the beat was made for someone who has a big body cadillac, 15eens and horns to rattle the trunk and disturb the peace cuz dats how we ride in the H-Town Souff side haha. Kidding to the side you gave a lot of feedback wish means you did a lot of listening and thats appreciated. Hit me up anytime.

Ghostnote

Producer
Battle Points: 52
@Matt-D i like the vocals but i think the sticks could be louder and the piano is out of tune

Copyno damn i love that beat switch, really like it from happy to dark

tommetass love the lofi vibe but i think the snare could use some reverb to fit the vibe and some stereo widening would be good

WIKTO-GRIZZLY really like the smooth editing, love the high notes you played on the piano

MickMain dope melody and sick bass, i would make the organs louder and maybe pitch shift it to make it more present on the stereo

tommetass

Here's my new beat called "Daydream". Let me know what you all think

Recognise the Post Malone vibe right away, but somehow it still feels like your own thing. Is that lead melody a guitar? Or a synth? It sounds really good. The trap drums also fit perfectly. Love it!

I'm hesitant of sharing this new beat.. But I do want some feedback on it.. I'm doing something totally different these days.. going back to the 80s and 90s sound with all the overproducing and hard synth drums.

MickMain

Battle Points: 2
Thanks for the honest feedback. Ill try and add a base-line to the next beat that I do. Also, i'll spend more time trying to discover better chop patterns. Regarding the baseline, I'm still trying to figure out how the baseline works every time I try it sounds mad off and out of tune.

No worries bro, I know what you mean about the bass as well man ive had issues for ages with my bassliness and it was mad frustrating but it all just clicks at some point as long as you keep at it!

Thanks for listening and feedback. I have to say with the advise you gave me I think you should do the opposite, your mix feels mundane. You should add some chaos to your mix, try some saturation like on your snare and use some pink noise with a gate to give that snare a gentle tale, use some parallel compression on the kick and give it a thumping vibe, try some tube distortion on your music (melodies) tracks, and use effects like delay and reverbs to place your tracks in a space, what i mean is reverb can create distance so all tracks or not in front and delays like slap to add thickness, overall have some fun with your music, ride the faders and don't get distracted with being technical. But good observation on my tracks, you're 100% correct technically, the beat was made for someone who has a big body cadillac, 15eens and horns to rattle the trunk and disturb the peace cuz dats how we ride in the H-Town Souff side haha. Kidding to the side you gave a lot of feedback wish means you did a lot of listening and thats appreciated. Hit me up anytime.

No worries my man and thanks for the ill feedback I appreciate it, ill take it on board bro!

MickMain dope melody and sick bass, i would make the organs louder and maybe pitch shift it to make it more present on the stereo

Thanks for the feedback bro, ill defo mess around and see what its sounding like!

@MickMain This goes hard bro! Nice sample work. The mix is well balanced I would only add some vox as a texture to fill up the space. Keep up with the good work!

@Ghostnote Solid beat I like the vibe. The drum break is sick.

___

Here's my new beat called "Daydream". Let me know what you all think

Much appreciated bro, the new track is good as well bro, can hear a Post type of track being done with this. Good work bro and good mix!

Kebdat

Battle Points: 8
[QUOTE = "EsquireMusic111, bericht: 364678, lid: 15987"]
Dit is mijn editie deze week!

[MEDIA = youtube] tDdwvDn0ek8 [/ MEDIA]
[/CITAAT]
goeie

Status
Not open for further replies.