Showcase - March 7-9, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Don't sweat it too much, bro. I did allll I could for ages, read so many tutorials, did everything they said, no matter what I did, always seemed to be wrong even though I did what everyone said etc. Drove me into some proper frustrated raged out states many a time. But once you get to a certain point where you kinda start 'getting it' it's a relief.

I went through process-compulsion, processing 'cause I thought I had to. I think it's partly about wise selection of each element in the track.I usually like my kick drum and one of sound to be the main elements. I tend to 'make the kick drum king', so it gets priority over low frequencies, then I get the other main sound as close to 'perfect' as I can get it, then everything is victim to it. So in other words I make the kick drum and main sound 'big' then fit everything else around them. Though I'll cut some of the main sound IF necessary.

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
dam i actually get exactly what u mean and i think ill try to do something like that next time i make somethin, ill focus on one element and make the others fit with it so everything has a place cuz right now i kinda just throw everything in raw and then just tweak it all to not sound "bad" haha not literally but basically lol
thanks alot yo

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
dam i actually get exactly what u mean and i think ill try to do something like that next time i make somethin, ill focus on one element and make the others fit with it so everything has a place cuz right now i kinda just throw everything in raw and then just tweak it all to not sound "bad" haha not literally but basically lol
thanks alot yo

B-)

You're welcome, bruh.

Happy to be able to help. Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online