Showcase - May 11-17, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my latest beat, hope you'll like it!

Nice.
Drums too high in the mix though? There's some nice details in the sample I can only hear at the end when the beat stops. Nice progression with the vocals. Like it a lot, I'd just lower the drums a bit and beef up the sound of that main sample.

Dude... this is fucking great. Simple, clean, pensive mood, but gets the head nodding. I'm jealous of all your gear too! The video is a good idea to show the track construction. Nothing much to criticise, maaaaybe put the guitar through a pedal - it sounds too clean. Needs just a little something to colour the sound (distortion? fuzz?). Keep up the good work. Really jealous of the instruments. I have to do everything with samples :confusedphones:

Hey guys
Would really like some feedback for this

I like the strings and piano stuff a lot. The drums need some work. Too many fills for me, need a different pattern that holds it all together.

I'm noticing with a lot of beats I've listened to on here that people are using a lot of effects and stuff to build up a drop or change. Swooooshing noises. Orchestral stabs. Now I'm oldskool, so feel free to ignore, but I think it's probably a good exercise to take your beat, and remove all of that stuff, and listen to the bare bones. That will tell you if it's working or not. For me, too much HYPEHYPEHYPE is clutter. Thing is, a lot of commercial stuff that sells goes this route... so what do I know.

Here is my new beat. I really care about feedback:)

Reminds me of early Bonobo. You're a talented arranger dude. Super nice, mellow... I say Bonobo because this is blurring the lines between hip-hop and just straight music - sounds like the frame of a song for a band. Just waiting for lead guitar and singer to join in. Beautiful stuff, I think the biggest challenge for you is keeping things simple... I listen to this from a beat-head perspective and think about how much I'd need to cut out of this, maybe more repetition of some of the simpler parts, before adding in crunchier drums.
But I wouldn't want you to stop making stuff like this, it's great.

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
Any response? Criticism welcome, I'm not going to improve with praise... also sorry if I ruffled any feathers with my feedback.

This is a nice beat man...its a piece of music on its own...sort of a trip hop vibe...the drums are on point...every synth, and instrument seems very well blended together...as for the mix i cant say anything cause i only have this small bluetooth speaker right...but it sounds good on it...
I saw you leaving decent and thorough feedback to others and none returned, so i thought you deserved some... :) You don't have to check my beats now...save your feedback for the next week thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online