Showcase - May 11-17, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your mix is off man. the drums are too loud, especially the hi hats. and the snare sound isn't the best. the sample is really good though, If I was you I'd kinda detune it and make it sound old, you know? the delay 3 technique in fl studio.

PANTJA5ILA

Bounce Beat Producer
@PANTJA5ILA

Really like this track. My kinda style.
Love the percussion and the hooks.

Any of that sample loops?? Or played all that ish yourself??
Thanks, I play the melodies my self using KiloHeart Phaseplant :)

Wow bro!
This is a full track that has every chance of becoming a big hit! Do the video clip))
Haha, thanks for the kind words!

Chad

Battle Points: 8
  • @Khaly Beatz : I like the structure of “Wild Out” and the 808 that you used. I thought that the mix could use some work as I think the 808 is making the low end a little too muddy. Other than that though, it’s good
  • @2GooD Productions : I like this “Running Shit” beat, the mix is great and the structure and instrumentation give it a classic vibe while still making it sound fresh. Great work.
  • @Pappas Beats : Overall, I think “That Moment” is a good beat and has good sound selection but I think the strings could be mixed in more so that it fits with the track more. Maybe add some blend reverb to the strings and the whole track. Nice work though

Here is my beat for the showcase:

Last edited:

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
What's up people! Look...receiving and getting feedback is all this thread is about IMO...when i try to give feedback I'm taking it seriously, listening to the beat with intense focus multiple times...plus English is not my native language...checking grammar, spelling mistakes(trying not to embarrass myself)...I'm saying this is time-consuming for me...and sometimes I feel that effort is not appreciated... some of you just want to drop their beats here and go...which is fine...with all that said...IF YOU WANT TO EXCHANGE FEEDBACK... LIKE THIS POST AND I'M ALL OVER YOUR BEAT...
My beats for this week:

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
  • @Khaly Beatz : I like the structure of “Wild Out” and the 808 that you used. I thought that the mix could use some work as I think the 808 is making the low end a little too muddy. Other than that though, it’s good
  • @2GooD Productions : I like this “Running Shit” beat, the mix is great and the structure and instrumentation give it a classic vibe while still making it sound fresh. Great work.
  • @Pappas Beats : Overall, I think “That Moment” is a good beat and has good sound selection but I think the strings could be mixed in more so that it fits with the track more. Maybe add some blend reverb to the strings and the whole track. Nice work though

Here is my beat for the showcase:

Yup, i hear it as well .. added em last and didnt give a good listen to and was tired lol. I will make it right, thank you very much for your input, appreciate it. I will return the favor tonight qhen I get home.

What's up people! Look...receiving and getting feedback is all this thread is about IMO...when i try to give feedback I'm taking it seriously, listening to the beat with intense focus multiple times...plus English is not my native language...checking grammar, spelling mistakes(trying not to embarrass myself)...I'm saying this is time-consuming for me...and sometimes I feel that effort is not appreciated... some of you just want to drop their beats here and go...which is fine...with all that said...IF YOU WANT TO EXCHANGE FEEDBACK... LIKE THIS POST AND I'M ALL OVER YOUR BEAT...
My beats for this week:

I agree man, this has been an ongoing issue for as long as Ive been posting in the showcase. Its the feedback system and the rules that make illmuzik the community it is, lots of people dont realise that without networking with people that you are closing your door to endless opportunities for collaboration and growth as an artist.

The connections and relationships you build today could open doors in the future. So many today and in this business in general are very self absorbed and egotistical, it really does come with the territory. You have people that make music for love and those that just want to make money and then you have everybody in between.

After a while you get fed up with reminding people of the rules, they dont give a fuck about rules or anybody but themselves many times. Thats the world we live in, it aint changing any time soon. Can just delete the posts of repeat offenders until they get the message.

Yes it is time consuming reviewing peoples beats and finding something constructive to say, but it is what it is. You arent obligated to review everybody's work, if you could do just 4 or five that would be fine and fair. Just giving feedback to one person with a one word like "dope" is a bit lazy as fuck, but you get those people too.
If I dont have anything constructive to say I will usually just say how good I think the track is, but at least do a few more.

Not everybody has the time to go through reviewing everybodys stuff, but at least do a few, is all Im saying.

Now onto your beats, "Fierce" I love the the whole vibe of this, so much Id like to flip that intro. It has an arabian vibe to it that has me having crazy ideas. Mix sounds clean, nice variation, nice drums. I would just love to go to town on that main Arabian sound though.

16:27 I like this one too, I would consider adding some higher octave piano keys to it too, just some little flurries of keys here and there to add to the tension this beat is building. I really like the emotion of this beat and the tension. Put some strings in there too, just one long sustained note in the root key in a higher octave that lasts for 8 bars then suddenly disappears. Once again, the mix sounds nice, that bass sounds nice and the drums sound nice, good work.

I like this this, Im hearing stabby chords in the off beats, using maybe grand piano, staccato strings or staccato brass or all three hahaha, would really start taking this into dre territory. This has the potential to be a sick gangster beat. Everything I hear today is giving me ideas.

@Chad I like the drums and the bass, not a huge fan of the choppy sample but once it gets going it doesnt sound too bad. Its more of a taste thing than anything else really. Theres is also a high frequency fuzz that comes in with every kick, is that added intentionally? Or could you filter it out? I think it would sound better without it.

@Pappas Beats Id slightly filter out some of the higher frequencies of the piano, or just bring the volume down a bit on it, its a little too loud in the mix. Id bring the strings down a bit too once the piano is quieter so they are balanced. The mix sounds really clean, I can hear everything very clearly. I just think that taking the loudest instruments down a bit will allow the beat to thump a bit more. The bass sounds nice too. Did you compose it? This one is giving me ideas as well. I think I better go and make a beat and get it out my system.

Last edited:

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
@2GooD Productions ,,Not Gonna Take It'' Sounds nice, like it can be some kind of a interlude...very intresting...Nice composition chops... harmony, melodies....everything composed nicely. Drum track fits nicely in the beat...nice groove. Sonically...I like all of the orchestral sounds you are using...stings, woodwinds...except for the brass...I'm noticing in almost all of your beats there is a brass sound that tbh it annoys me a little...sounds like a cheap stock sound. Some of the synths seem like out of place to me...2:20 for example...
It sounds like the track is lacking a little bit of low end...
Thanks for your feedback, you can have my intro...or I can pitch the loop to you.... Well I understand, some people don't like feedback, they just want to showcase their beats...that's ok...I'm just trying to find the people who care enough for my feedback...that's all...
@Pappas Beats congrats. on your son first rap...I hope is not officially released yet..because I find many things that can be improved :) While I was listening to this on my phone prior to this "review" :) everything sounded decent...Now, with my headphones on...not so much. First of all...I'm not gonna be commenting about the vocal production and your son rapping skills, cause I don't have much experience with vocals...although this sound pretty good to me...
That main loop sounds good...I was expecting more hard-hitting track after that loop...The main elements that can be improved are drums and bass...With this kind of drum pattern I think you can use more powerful drum sounds...heavier kick and a snare with a longer sustain(maybe you can try some reverb on the snare and hats).
For that long drony bass line, you can use something heavier and also more "spacious" because that is one of the main elements in the track...you can combine the saw and sub-bass into one consistent line...or use something else...overall, I think you should put some work into these two elements(drums and bass)

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
@2GooD Productions ,yeah thats my beat bro, thank you for thinking otherwise, take it as a comploment.. i think? I heard, and someone stated, my strings were sloppy as heck so I will turn the piano down and smooth my strings out tonight after work. Thanks for the feedback brother.

Heres todays little number.

Your drums are good bro. I was vibing.
My beats for this week:
That 2nd ones hard, you have a nice sound man. I like that you leave a lot of room for an artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online