Showcase - May 11-17, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All! :D

This feedback is going to be quick as there a lot of new things here. I will keep posting more detailed feedback soon but today I'm not able to do this. I will also include members that are not included below.

@OMAR. Very smooth production. I like the arrangement. Maybe one thing I don't like is the sound of snare. It sounds a little bit too to me. But overall, the whole track is very good.

@Marc Duncan Probably, it is your best beat I've heard so far. Really cool mix. I like the sound of guitars. Beat has very interesting mood and vibe. Really good job man! Keep it up! :D

@2GooD Productions You already know my opinion ;)

@DeeJay Ngwazi Very good beat. I like sound of drums and the main melody. Especially those snare rolls are very tasty :D Overall, great job. :D

@beatsmiff Dr Dre Type Beat Ooooooooh! Wow! This is fire man. :D Mix is on top level here. Nothing to add. :D

@stcbeats Nice sounding drums. I like the melody on vocal and pads. It has a unique character to me and I think it would fit very well in some movie soundtrack. I really enjoyed listening to it. One thing I didn't like was that growly sound that appears at 0:39 and 1:29. But other than that it's very interesting.

@Flintoast As @2GooD Productions wrote, your beat gets better as it progresses. Nice mix. I like it. :D

@WIKTO-GRIZZLY Quite melancholic beat but I lilke it. Mix is great as always, nice melody on guitar. Also great video :D Good job :)

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@Memento Beats : I like the sound selection, drums, and structure of this. It definitely sounds like it could be used for film, tv, or like an ESPN commercial. Only suggestion I had was to possibly EQ and/ or compress the synth at 0:56, it was fine for the most part but was masking the mix a little at that point. Great work.

And thanks @2GooD Productions. After getting your feedback, I brought down the highs of the kick at around 10 kHz, and heard what you were talking about.

@Memento Beats : I like the sound selection, drums, and structure of this. It definitely sounds like it could be used for film, tv, or like an ESPN commercial. Only suggestion I had was to possibly EQ and/ or compress the synth at 0:56, it was fine for the most part but was masking the mix a little at that point. Great work.

And thanks @2GooD Productions. After getting your feedback, I brought down the highs of the kick at around 10 kHz, and heard what you were talking about.

Thanks a lot man :D I appreciate your feedback and I agree with EQ. I will keep that in mind. :)

• @Khaly Beatz : I like the structure of “Wild Out” and the 808 that you used. I thought that the mix could use some work as I think the 808 is making the low end a little too muddy. Other than that though, it’s good
  • @2GooD Productions : I like this “Running Shit” beat, the mix is great and the structure and instrumentation give it a classic vibe while still making it sound fresh. Great work.
  • @Pappas Beats : Overall, I think “That Moment” is a good beat and has good sound selection but I think the strings could be mixed in more so that it fits with the track more. Maybe add some blend reverb to the strings and the whole track. Nice work though

Here is my beat for the showcase:

I really like the sound of the sample. Beat is structured very well. I also like that part with reversed effect at 0:34. It's really cool. :D One thing that should be improved in my opinion is the exposure of bass as I reckon there could be a little bit more of it. But overall it sounds great. :)

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
@crosstevsky

For so many sounds it is quite tranquil, really dig it... can be a solo or someone can put lyrics to it, really midway track... really nice. Like the tape stops, I heard, but maybe its my headphones, at around 1:45 the bass topped out? really, I am not good enough to give ya as much input as you probably give yourself. But really liked it, maybe make it a tiny bit crisper? But thats taste I think, not a need.

16:27 Is a banger as well, can defo hear someone rapping on it. I like the whole slowdown at 1 min. Simple and an elegant beat bro, again, just maybe a little higher on crisp scale, though this may not be what you are going for.

@Primz

That old school feel man, digging it. I really love the kick selection you made with the shakers... sets it off with the bass guitar type

@Memento Beats

Listened to this a lot on spoti bro, you have those horns and that RL feel in your beats, you already know I am a fan so... just keep knockin em out brother.

Now I am gonna fix up that track and see if I can maybe get it good enough to be heard in all you guys ears lol

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Ok, Edited my beat per @2GooD Productions and lowered my Piano
@Chad Mixed my strings a little smoother and added a little Orchestra and some Woodwinds on the quiet side to make it smoother... I think? Anyhow, here is take 2, is this what you meant 2good?

Nothing here yet.

Last edited:

Feel

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 15
I've been here for a couple years and I've always had hard time getting feedback. Maybe due to the fact that my responses are short answered? I don't know. Seems like you can only get solid advice if you leave a really good review. I come and go but im always drawn back because there is nothing like this place on the net. :up2:

Muszolini

I like beats.
Battle Points: 76
I've been here for a couple years and I've always had hard time getting feedback. Maybe due to the fact that my responses are short answered? I don't know. Seems like you can only get solid advice if you leave a really good review. I come and go but im always drawn back because there is nothing like this place on the net. :up2:
your "showcase" beat was dope, there is nothing to really critique about it. But if you do get a long review on your beats, then you deffo got someones attention.

you get out what you put in. I try to give feedback to people who give feedback, thats what makes the showcase work and keep ticking over. Other wise you just get a load of posts and nobody even bothering to listen let alone give feedback. I like how it works here, it has issues with people not playing the game, but overall I think compared to other sites its a great success

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
You are right, this is a good place for getting/giving feedback...i see this trend on facebook or youtube people giving feedback to beats and there is like "make a 5$ donation to skip the line" is this shit real? People literally paid money so this guy can check their beats for like 20 seconds...

Status
Not open for further replies.