Showcase - May 11-17, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, this is a good place for getting/giving feedback...i see this trend on facebook or youtube people giving feedback to beats and there is like "make a 5$ donation to skip the line" is this shit real? People literally paid money so this guy can check their beats for like 20 seconds...

Frankly speaking, it doesn't surprise me at all. Similar situation is with labels and youtube channels that "release" music. I've been looking for some information about trap record labels that would accept demos and some of them have like 200 followers on Soundcloud or something like this and they want to charge you 10$ for guaranteed listen. But it doesn't guarantee you that they will accept your track. XDDD

My favourite situation took place yesterday. I emailed a guy that supposedly had "a record label" and I sent him my two recent tracks. He replied that he really liked my stuff and that I could find the prices of his services below. At first guy offered me a boost of my track either on soundcloud or YouTube for 50$. That was supposed to give me 1 M plays. I responded I was not interested as these numbers look fake and I didn't want to look that way. I asked him whether they could repost my track and whether there is also a price for this and they replied 50$ hahahaha. And when I checked their account on Soundcloud tracks that they reposted were played about 400 times so no, I'm not going to pay for a repost that would give me 400 plays. :D If you want I can send you screenshots from this conversation. :p

However, when it comes to feedback, imagine if you are a producer that has skills, is known, earns money on music etc. and someone asks you to provide them with feedback. Let's say you ask Anno Domini Nation or KSHMR for feedback. These guys could spend time they spent on reviewing your beat on doing something else or making a new hit song. For me such "reviews" or let's call it "musical coaching" are something similar to consultations with a personal trainer I would say. I perceive it in this way. You know everyone of us has been acquiring knowledge and improving their craft and that cost us time. Often a lot of time, hundreds, thousands of hours. Know-how is expensive so if you look at it in this way it is not that controversial in my opinion. But it's funny if similar thing is done by guy who has a little experience and/or their brand is not known to the public. He's just another guy that makes music. Then it's quite funny and I don't understand people who pay for such things. On the other side if there is a demand for such services and he provides supply then why not? :) My attitude towards it is quite indifferent and I would even say positive because you know they offer some services and they earn money on them. Whether it's worth it or not it's a different story.

So this is my humble opinion about it. :p

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
Frankly speaking, it doesn't surprise me at all. Similar situation is with labels and youtube channels that "release" music. I've been looking for some information about trap record labels that would accept demos and some of them have like 200 followers on Soundcloud or something like this and they want to charge you 10$ for guaranteed listen. But it doesn't guarantee you that they will accept your track. XDDD

My favourite situation took place yesterday. I emailed a guy that supposedly had "a record label" and I sent him my two recent tracks. He replied that he really liked my stuff and that I could find the prices of his services below. At first guy offered me a boost of my track either on soundcloud or YouTube for 50$. That was supposed to give me 1 M plays. I responded I was not interested as these numbers look fake and I didn't want to look that way. I asked him whether they could repost my track and whether there is also a price for this and they replied 50$ hahahaha. And when I checked their account on Soundcloud tracks that they reposted were played about 400 times so no, I'm not going to pay for a repost that would give me 400 plays. :D If you want I can send you screenshots from this conversation. :p

However, when it comes to feedback, imagine if you are a producer that has skills, is known, earns money on music etc. and someone asks you to provide them with feedback. Let's say you ask Anno Domini Nation or KSHMR for feedback. These guys could spend time they spent on reviewing your beat on doing something else or making a new hit song. For me such "reviews" or let's call it "musical coaching" are something similar to consultations with a personal trainer I would say. I perceive it in this way. You know everyone of us has been acquiring knowledge and improving their craft and that cost us time. Often a lot of time, hundreds, thousands of hours. Know-how is expensive so if you look at it in this way it is not that controversial in my opinion. But it's funny if similar thing is done by guy who has a little experience and/or their brand is not known to the public. He's just another guy that makes music. Then it's quite funny and I don't understand people who pay for such things. On the other side if there is a demand for such services and he provides supply then why not? :) My attitude towards it is quite indifferent and I would even say positive because you know they offer some services and they earn money on them. Whether it's worth it or not it's a different story.

So this is my humble opinion about it. :p
hey, you have to watch for yhis kind of things online, there is a lot of bullshit...no it wasn't like coaching or in depth review...just to play your beat on his yt channel live with 200 viewers(all of them beatmakers i guess) a lot of people were sending beats, and if you want to "skip the line"...donate 5$....and the feedback is regular stuff like, no low end...you need change ups...now tbh ive sent him a beat...he didn't review it...and said to myself...what a sucker i am for doing this...

hey, you have to watch for yhis kind of things online, there is a lot of bullshit...no it wasn't like coaching or in depth review...just to play your beat on his yt channel live with 200 viewers(all of them beatmakers i guess) a lot of people were sending beats, and if you want to "skip the line"...donate 5$....and the feedback is regular stuff like, no low end...you need change ups...now tbh ive sent him a beat...he didn't review it...and said to myself...what a sucker i am for doing this...

Yeah, I know.

When it comes to that feedback thing. If people are willing to pay him for this then I see no problem with it. It's both funny and pathetic but you know it's their money and they are free to do whatever they want with it. If they choose to spend it in such way then why someone should stop them from doing it and why someone should stop this guy from getting profits from such activity. At least he gives some information back and it might be but doesn't have to be valuable or helpful. As long as he doesn't do any harm to anybody I am okay with that. You know when it comes to music everything is very subjective so you know any feedback doesn't give 100% accuracy and certainty that it will improve your skills. Let's say you ask me whether your beat is good or you post your beat here. Everybody will say their opinion about it and of course they can be helpful but they can be harmful to some degree. For example they may contain contradictory information. One guy will tell you that your beat is complete shit, the other will tell you that you should improve bass, next one will point that sound of this and that should be improved but overall your beat is great and the other will tell you that you should stop making beats because the beat you created is an absolute masterpiece and you will not be able to repeat its success.

So you know even if it would be an in-depth analysis there is no guarantee that it will help you. And as I mentioned above when it comes to reviews by this guy as long as he doesn't do any harm to anybody I am okay with that.

I think that you should not be ashamed of submitting your beat to him for review because you didn't lose anything. You just sent him beat and that's it. :)

Khaly Beatz

Battle Points: 1
  • @Khaly Beatz : I like the structure of “Wild Out” and the 808 that you used. I thought that the mix could use some work as I think the 808 is making the low end a little too muddy. Other than that though, it’s good
  • @2GooD Productions : I like this “Running Shit” beat, the mix is great and the structure and instrumentation give it a classic vibe while still making it sound fresh. Great work.
  • @Pappas Beats : Overall, I think “That Moment” is a good beat and has good sound selection but I think the strings could be mixed in more so that it fits with the track more. Maybe add some blend reverb to the strings and the whole track. Nice work though

Here is my beat for the showcase:

Thanks for the feed back! With reference to your beat I think you chose the right type beat, sounds exactly like something Kenderick would jump on. The Mix sounds clean, however there's something about one hi-hat in the pattern that sounds abit out of place.I don't know how to point it out but its the one that hits at the lowest octave if that makes sense. Otherwise a great beat overall.

Khaly Beatz

Battle Points: 1
Some people say that it's hybrid trap but if it really is I don't know :p Let's say it's just an electronic instrumental music. :D
Sounds more lika hybrid of Dubstep. It's different. Sounds real good. Sounds like something people would party to at a rave joint.

Very unique style, good buildup. I would work a bit on the drum patterns but it's got potential. I can feel a techno influence which I have as well.

Also let the melody sit a little bit, it's a bit too strong. Keep it up tho fam

@Copyno I think the kick needs more punch and the beat as a whole needs more power in the low end in my opinion. But overall it sounded good, keep it up!
@AtomicBeats Very good beat! I like the details like the organ in the background and the vocals are dope as well!

Here is my new beat. I really care about feedback:)

I love your producer name lmao, dope track man, I like the sad types, I make quite a bit myself.

Below you can find another Beat This winning beat from me. :D

A lot of energy, I can really feel the passion. I like the EDM style, I like the graphic/video, I wish I could do that.

I would pump up those kicks, try doubling, EQing and what not. Maybe try increasing the level adjustment.

Was messing about with an old DJ Krush sample and came up with this:

Lot of beats to get through here... one word about feedback from me: I’m not into trap, so don’t take it personally if I have nothing to say as I’d rather keep zipped than hate on someone’s work.

@2GooD Productions - the stuff you do isn't really to my taste but I can tell you're very good at sound design, everything sounds very polished. Maybe too much going on in your tunes though? Feels like underneath all of the bells & whistles I'm listening for a groove that's not always that obvious. I dunno, take that with a generous pinch of salt, I'm a '90s boom-bap head, but impressed with your sound.

Anyway just drop this today, feat NatJames (unofficial). Let me know what you guys think!

Nnnnnnice bump to this. Like the steel drums. Only thing I'd change (personal taste etc) is some crackly old drum sample with snares & cymbals in the higher frequency to offset the booming kick. Love the space in the arrangement, something I really struggle with LOL.

I like the keys (celeste? Harpsichord?), and the bass strums, not really feeling the string/orchestral hits. Feels a bit like shouting "DRAMA!". I'd really like the key pattern to play more... reminds me of Lost In Thought by Funkdoobiest (Muggs killin' it).

Also would love some feedback on my beat

I like this. There's a lot going on though, feel like I want some sections to concentrate on one new sound/part at a time. The other thing that immediately struck me is just why I like working with old record samples instead of keyboards: everything already has some natural reverb that is missing in this. It's just a bit too clean for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.