Showcase - May 12-18, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
^BC: Not bad mang, I knew you were on some shit listening to the SP beats you did. This is definitely the best you've posted considering that you dont hear super heavy pauses in the chops. I definitely hear what you're trying to do. With this track right here, my main thing is the drums. I would tweak the sound of them enough to where they dont sound too much like a stock kit. Play with the pitch and the attack on your kicks. The little outro part at the end I feel should blend in with the last couple seconds of the beat.

Also! Have no fear in trying some way out shit with your drum patterns, as long as the shit syncs up. Overall Im feelin it though, I know of a couple cats that would get on this no problem. It definitely sounds more like an interlude type of track though. Good shit mang. Keep on mashing them out and playing with different samples.

Shit, this makes me wanna lace somethin up. I dont think Ive posted any tracks on the site yet 0_o

bcwarlock

Battle Points: 20
^BC: Not bad mang, I knew you were on some shit listening to the SP beats you did. This is definitely the best you've posted considering that you dont hear super heavy pauses in the chops. I definitely hear what you're trying to do. With this track right here, my main thing is the drums. I would tweak the sound of them enough to where they dont sound too much like a stock kit. Play with the pitch and the attack on your kicks. The little outro part at the end I feel should blend in with the last couple seconds of the beat.

Also! Have no fear in trying some way out shit with your drum patterns, as long as the shit syncs up. Overall Im feelin it though, I know of a couple cats that would get on this no problem. It definitely sounds more like an interlude type of track though. Good shit mang. Keep on mashing them out and playing with different samples.

Shit, this makes me wanna lace somethin up. I dont think Ive posted any tracks on the site yet 0_o

Thanks man! yeah I don't like the drums either...Im just starting out and that is like the hardest thing for me so I think thats what ill spend the most time working on..thanks for the feedback bro!

Raninthacut

Dope track...commented and reposted on sound cloud...and Imo the filter would take away how aggressive the track is.
yup i added it and didnt like how it sounded so i took it off, i might add it again for a remix or something

OmJo

@athagreat
They Know: Nice track. Interesting throughout the entire beat, good variation, blends well.

@bcwarlock
8bitlove: It almost sounds like two different beats. With vocals, this would sound dope. And it gives me a bit of a nostalgic feeling.

New Horizons (the edited one): I think it takes too long to get to the main part of the beat, and filters/effects are a bit much IMO.

Soothe: It's maybe too calming. And feels a bit choppy.

Gone Away: This one is trippy (in a good way)... I felt like I was in heaven for a little bit o_O

New Leaves: Nice chill beat.

Never Be Lonely: You're getting good at this bro, this one is awesome. The hats just seem a bit... uninspired.

Raining In My Dreams: Just what I needed, more rain. This has a kind of depressing broken-heart kind of feel to it, I love it haha. Nice job. Samples are sick.

@Raninthacut
Wit the opps: Has a dark, sinister sound to it. Nice.

Off the dopey dope: Like the effects at the end of each bar. Good stuff.

We out here: I would cut the part from about 14.0 to 27.0 and just go directly to the drop.

Trust None: Personally, I think the 808's could use some work. Other than that, those synths (that you used in the above) are great. Set the mood of each track perfectly.

@HzBeast BLG
Nowy Trakk: No idea what you were saying (I don't mean that offensively ofc) so I can't give much feedback, maybe increase the volume of the vocals a bit more. You do have a good flow though.

bicior6: As bcwarlock suggested, just fix up the snares a bit.

@WHRHFTKS
seisdrum: I like this, just feels like it's missing something.

@Thee C.E.O.
Loud Pack: Not my kind of song, but you match the beat with your flow nicely.

bcwarlock

Battle Points: 20
Thanks man.....heres anot
@athagreat
They Know: Nice track. Interesting throughout the entire beat, good variation, blends well.

@bcwarlock
8bitlove: It almost sounds like two different beats. With vocals, this would sound dope. And it gives me a bit of a nostalgic feeling.

New Horizons (the edited one): I think it takes too long to get to the main part of the beat, and filters/effects are a bit much IMO.

Soothe: It's maybe too calming. And feels a bit choppy.

Gone Away: This one is trippy (in a good way)... I felt like I was in heaven for a little bit o_O

New Leaves: Nice chill beat.

Never Be Lonely: You're getting good at this bro, this one is awesome. The hats just seem a bit... uninspired.

Raining In My Dreams: Just what I needed, more rain. This has a kind of depressing broken-heart kind of feel to it, I love it haha. Nice job. Samples are sick.

@Raninthacut
Wit the opps: Has a dark, sinister sound to it. Nice.

Off the dopey dope: Like the effects at the end of each bar. Good stuff.

We out here: I would cut the part from about 14.0 to 27.0 and just go directly to the drop.

Trust None: Personally, I think the 808's could use some work. Other than that, those synths (that you used in the above) are great. Set the mood of each track perfectly.

@HzBeast BLG
Nowy Trakk: No idea what you were saying (I don't mean that offensively ofc) so I can't give much feedback, maybe increase the volume of the vocals a bit more. You do have a good flow though.

bicior6: As bcwarlock suggested, just fix up the snares a bit.

@WHRHFTKS
seisdrum: I like this, just feels like it's missing something.

@Thee C.E.O.
Loud Pack: Not my kind of song, but you match the beat with your flow nicely.
Thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online