Showcase - May 25-31, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Marc Duncan This can be synced on a commercial about some kids products... :) I don't hear rapper on top of it...the production seems in place...those 808's can be softer like from 0:41 and on...thats it, nothing else wrong with it...just the general vibe is not my kind of thing...
@Crispifier This is nice, dreamy and melancholic...i don't feel it as a hip hop beat, more like music on its own...you can go in that direction with it... softer snare drum, or no drum track at all, just some softer percussion...nice piano work ....I can't play the second one, i don't know what's wrong?
@Dzhi Beats On this I like all the harmony and melody sounds...i think you can simplify the drum track i think is overcrowded, with all the little snares, hi hats...I think a more straightforward beat will suit this better. And you can rework the bassline...it doesn't fit well IMO.
@2GooD Productions She got ya head turning...nice classic sound buddy, everything is good, i don't know what to tell you :) maybe if you can make that bassline more "defined" and "jump up more"...also i approve that brass, that is good brass :) / On Mr Boombox I think the bass is alit bit too heavy on this, other than that, i dont know what to tell you, you're on fire...you have been working hard this week :)
@Memento Beats This is dope thing that you did with @itzSAYKRIDD It sounds like Big Berd's vocals are recorded with lower quality but i guess nothing you can do about that...overall good...

I have some weird ones for you this week...

yeah that a good idea! i might make an "acoustic" version of it or something when i get round to it, hard to tear myself away from my current project haha :)

Love Gypsy Valley, that one is sick ! sounds very eastern or even a little bit fantasy but maybe thats just my inner nerd showing :p warranted a second listen!

not as much a fan of Trap on Acid but i think thats just down to personal taste tbh as im originally a rock/indie musician who likes old school hip hop. So i still have to get my head around the whole trap genre when its this intense :p
as previously stated to others Im very hesitant to comment on the producing side of things since i'm very much a beginner, but it sounds clean to my ears !

Thank you for your feedback ^^

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
yeah that a good idea! i might make an "acoustic" version of it or something when i get round to it, hard to tear myself away from my current project haha :)

Love Gypsy Valley, that one is sick ! sounds very eastern or even a little bit fantasy but maybe thats just my inner nerd showing :p warranted a second listen!

not as much a fan of Trap on Acid but i think thats just down to personal taste tbh as im originally a rock/indie musician who likes old school hip hop. So i still have to get my head around the whole trap genre when its this intense :p
as previously stated to others Im very hesitant to comment on the producing side of things since i'm very much a beginner, but it sounds clean to my ears !

Thank you for your feedback ^^
thanks for your feedback @Crispifier I understand about the second one, its a lit bit weird, glad you liked the gypsy valley tough....

And just finished this

1st beat: The strings are great. Sounds like a classic golden era hit. Dope!
2nd beat: The melody and the sound you used for it is nice. The bass is dope. This beat has a laid back feeling. I can imagine some Nas flows on this. Another dope one.
3rd: The vocal harmony sample is cool. This one is decent, not as good as the top two imo.
4th: The bass sounds a bit too much in the higher bass freqs which contends with the kick imo. This one is chill.

All four beats have a similar classic boom bap style, which is dope. I like the first two more (maybe soundcloud sounds better?). The top one is my fav out of the four. Good work.

P.S. I think you used vocals from Kool G Rap "I am" -- respect if you did, that's a slept on track.

Last edited:

Nice remix. I think the vocals fit well with the beat. I like the vocal sample, as always. Also, the chimes are nice sprinkles to use. I think the kick could be made a bit thinner perhaps, but it might be a taste thing. Overall, this is good.

Last edited:
Here's the effect of my collaboration with @itzSAYKRIDD and Big Berd. Check this out and if you like I will be grateful for thumbs up under the video on YouTube.

Dope piano composition and orchestration as a whole. The vocal mix sounds decent to me, as far as I can tell. I wish the kick was punchier, along with the snare. I think that a better mix on the drums would bring out more life out of this. It's a decent track overall though.

@Marc Duncan This can be synced on a commercial about some kids products... :) I don't hear rapper on top of it...the production seems in place...those 808's can be softer like from 0:41 and on...thats it, nothing else wrong with it...just the general vibe is not my kind of thing...
@Crispifier This is nice, dreamy and melancholic...i don't feel it as a hip hop beat, more like music on its own...you can go in that direction with it... softer snare drum, or no drum track at all, just some softer percussion...nice piano work ....I can't play the second one, i don't know what's wrong?
@Dzhi Beats On this I like all the harmony and melody sounds...i think you can simplify the drum track i think is overcrowded, with all the little snares, hi hats...I think a more straightforward beat will suit this better. And you can rework the bassline...it doesn't fit well IMO.
@2GooD Productions She got ya head turning...nice classic sound buddy, everything is good, i don't know what to tell you :) maybe if you can make that bassline more "defined" and "jump up more"...also i approve that brass, that is good brass :) / On Mr Boombox I think the bass is alit bit too heavy on this, other than that, i dont know what to tell you, you're on fire...you have been working hard this week :)
@Memento Beats This is dope thing that you did with @itzSAYKRIDD It sounds like Big Berd's vocals are recorded with lower quality but i guess nothing you can do about that...overall good...

1st beat: The bass sound is dope. I also like how "snappy" the snare is. I would've enjoyed some more variation in the melody or a switch up, but it wasn't an issue. This could be something cool with the right vocals on it.
2nd beat: Very cool melodic work. The 808 is better on this one. I like the little breath sounding snap or whatever it was. This is nicely arranged. It's better than the 1st beat and sounds more complete. Nice work!

crosstevsky

beats architect
1st beat: The bass sound is dope. I also like how "snappy" the snare is. I would've enjoyed some more variation in the melody or a switch up, but it wasn't an issue. This could be something cool with the right vocals on it.
2nd beat: Very cool melodic work. The 808 is better on this one. I like the little breath sounding snap or whatever it was. This is nicely arranged. It's better than the 1st beat and sounds more complete. Nice work!
Thanks for the feedback man...yeah i left more space in the first one, with the right rapper on it, i think it will work...

crosstevsky

beats architect
Yo @Dzhi Beats I was curious about some vocals on this, so i figured why the fuck not...what you think?
thats fucking dope
gypsy valley is dope too, i would maybe bring the hi hats up a bit in the mix, they just seem a liitle back in the mix and i think there is room for them

@Matt-D Nice beat, not really my style but can appreciate the beat still. The remix works and I listened to the whole thing so cant be bad. Nice mix and production.

Last edited:
Dope piano composition and orchestration as a whole. The vocal mix sounds decent to me, as far as I can tell. I wish the kick was punchier, along with the snare. I think that a better mix on the drums would bring out more life out of this. It's a decent track overall though.

Thanks a lot man! :D I appreciate you took the time to give me your opinion. :)

beugiea

I actually smiled because of the melody of this beat! I think that low-end need a little fixing - I’m listening on the JBL mobile speaker and the kick (somewhere near 0:26) is so deep it almost ripping this poor JBL apart. Despite that, little more arrangement tricks would do the trick. Playing with pause, to make reset from the main melody would be nice touch, in my opinion.

So here's a new one i made appriciate any feedback :)

oh and bonus "beat" beleive me i started this one with good intentions, was going to push myself out of my comfort zone, made a cool bass riff things you know, were going well.... then i discovered how to alter the tempo in fl and madness ensued

Nothing here yet.

It’s really nice melody on the piano. It was going on repeat, while I was writing this, and didn’t get this “oh-god-not-again” type of vibe, good job there! I think you could try to get some live-sounding drum VSTs for some of the fills (e.g. 2:14), or maybe just some recorded live drums loops. I found this method long time ago and it’s really useful when you want to spice it up a bit, but not changing the entire boom-bap-ish drum kit. So, to sum up: I really liked it, but it’s too sad vibe for me to come back and just listen to it. But that’s just my aesthetic choice I guess.

Let me know what you think of my latest beat. Thanks!

Really nice, warm synth. Bassline is entirely not my vibe. I’m not sure if it’s quantized, but for such synth chord progression I would like to hear more loosely flow on those bass notes. When I don’t have any “real” instrument with pads/keys I like to put notes and quantise them and just move them like -10/+10ms for this “human vibe”. This 10 ms restriction is basically safe-zone for such changes before getting any phase issues. Everything else is just good. I really like the groove of the drums.

And just finished this

Mr. BoomBox - I simply dig it. Really nice sound, old-school vibe is just pouring out of this, drums are dope. Only this sound tag is rather disturbing for overall experience. Me likey!

I’m not into this type of the lyrics, so I’ll pass on that. The beat I like. So lazy, nice vibey samples. But I think it could be little more arranged - it sounds little too “basic”, as for me. Also bassline need some compression, so the differences between the notes’ volume won’t be that noticeable.

Here's the effect of my collaboration with @itzSAYKRIDD and Big Berd. Check this out and if you like I will be grateful for thumbs up under the video on YouTube.

This hits hard. Beat mixing is just on point, really dope old-school banger vibe, especially those keys. Vocals could be recorded/mixed better, because it’s not sounding as good as it should.

Gypsy Valley - It really differs from the mainstream, and that’s good. From something around 00:40 it changes to the bridge and that part after is little weird, in my opinion, because you changed proportions of the instruments and samples lost their “lead instrument” position. Try maybe more compression on that samples or maybe try to play more variations on the bassline so it would be the “lead instrument” for that part. Overall, I liked that one, good job!

Ok, so that's for the reviewing, nice beats y'all!

Here's something I released recently, any tips are appreciated!

Last edited:

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@beugiea thank you for your feedback i'm very much at the learning stages of producing having been mainly an amateur musician until recently so any tips on producing and especially drums are much appriciated ! really glad you liked the melody I worked hard on my shitty irig keyboard for that one haha. yeah get that, its got a sad vibe really have a hard time writing anything i like in major keys haha maybe i'm just mellow dramatic :p

anyway love your beat very chill lowfi vibe just the stuff i like, especially liked the soft keys playing the main chord the tone on that was great! my only problem with it was the "beats workshop.com" said in a somewhat danish accent (assuming its danish it sounded danish haha) felt it took away from the chill atmosphere you had going, is it a watermark ? :) but yeah killer tune m8 made me really zone out

beugiea

@beugiea thank you for your feedback i'm very much at the learning stages of producing having been mainly an amateur musician until recently so any tips on producing and especially drums are much appriciated ! really glad you liked the melody I worked hard on my shitty irig keyboard for that one haha. yeah get that, its got a sad vibe really have a hard time writing anything i like in major keys haha maybe i'm just mellow dramatic :p

anyway love your beat very chill lowfi vibe just the stuff i like, especially liked the soft keys playing the main chord the tone on that was great! my only problem with it was the "beats workshop.com" said in a somewhat danish accent (assuming its danish it sounded danish haha) felt it took away from the chill atmosphere you had going, is it a watermark ? :) but yeah killer tune m8 made me really zone out

It's polish accent, actually :D And yeah, it's a trademark, so if any rapper won't put credits (simply put - steal a beat) there is a info where this beat comes from. Altough, I think, I will work on it in the future, so it's more musical and ear pleasing. Thanks for your input, glad you liked it! Best wishes!

I actually smiled because of the melody of this beat! I think that low-end need a little fixing - I’m listening on the JBL mobile speaker and the kick (somewhere near 0:26) is so deep it almost ripping this poor JBL apart. Despite that, little more arrangement tricks would do the trick. Playing with pause, to make reset from the main melody would be nice touch, in my opinion.

It’s really nice melody on the piano. It was going on repeat, while I was writing this, and didn’t get this “oh-god-not-again” type of vibe, good job there! I think you could try to get some live-sounding drum VSTs for some of the fills (e.g. 2:14), or maybe just some recorded live drums loops. I found this method long time ago and it’s really useful when you want to spice it up a bit, but not changing the entire boom-bap-ish drum kit. So, to sum up: I really liked it, but it’s too sad vibe for me to come back and just listen to it. But that’s just my aesthetic choice I guess.

Really nice, warm synth. Bassline is entirely not my vibe. I’m not sure if it’s quantized, but for such synth chord progression I would like to hear more loosely flow on those bass notes. When I don’t have any “real” instrument with pads/keys I like to put notes and quantise them and just move them like -10/+10ms for this “human vibe”. This 10 ms restriction is basically safe-zone for such changes before getting any phase issues. Everything else is just good. I really like the groove of the drums.

Mr. BoomBox - I simply dig it. Really nice sound, old-school vibe is just pouring out of this, drums are dope. Only this sound tag is rather disturbing for overall experience. Me likey!

I’m not into this type of the lyrics, so I’ll pass on that. The beat I like. So lazy, nice vibey samples. But I think it could be little more arranged - it sounds little too “basic”, as for me. Also bassline need some compression, so the differences between the notes’ volume won’t be that noticeable.

This hits hard. Beat mixing is just on point, really dope old-school banger vibe, especially those keys. Vocals could be recorded/mixed better, because it’s not sounding as good as it should.

Gypsy Valley - It really differs from the mainstream, and that’s good. From something around 00:40 it changes to the bridge and that part after is little weird, in my opinion, because you changed proportions of the instruments and samples lost their “lead instrument” position. Try maybe more compression on that samples or maybe try to play more variations on the bassline so it would be the “lead instrument” for that part. Overall, I liked that one, good job!

Really cool kinda lo-fi beat. :D It's very smooth. I'm not an expert in this genre but it was nice to listen to. And thank you for your feedback. :D

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
So here's a new one i made appriciate any feedback :)

oh and bonus "beat" beleive me i started this one with good intentions, was going to push myself out of my comfort zone, made a cool bass riff things you know, were going well.... then i discovered how to alter the tempo in fl and madness ensued

Nothing here yet.

Really nice piano.

For me personally I'd have totally different drums;

I'd have gone with a more typically trap style pattern, and more synthetic drums.

I think a kinda trap/RnB drum hybrid would suit this really well - it would help place it better in the current soundscape.

crosstevsky

beats architect

@beugiea Your feedback was on point, i was thinking the same, to even that with compression, but tthen i got lazy :) Thanks! This is dope, very relaxed, i like the electric piano, vocal chops, drums are on point. I agree about the tag, and i think you can turn down the vinyl crackle...what else can i tell you...keep putting up these nice beats...

crosstevsky

beats architect
This is sick.

I'd try find a more plush sound for that main arpeggio.

Just something more glossy, with some nice short delay or verb on it.

My kinda beat tho
Thanks @Iron Keys i will try other preset on that... this was inspired by your beat btw :) Where is yours ...cmon don't be lazy bro...

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online