Showcase - November 12-18, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiR Rollie

Battle Points: 6
Recently made an all sample-based beat pack w/ heavy influence from J Dilla and Knxwledge. Let me know what you think:

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 138
Recently made an all sample-based beat pack w/ heavy influence from J Dilla and Knxwledge. Let me know what you think:

Yo I listened to “good man “.
That sample you used is dope. You chopped it well better than what I could do. I’m still learning sample base beats. Overall a dope beat on my end. I liked the breakdown in the middle. Really cool man solid mix too .

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Got a track meant for an MC, so I'm not bothered if it's kind of repetitive. Straight chops with some layering through the verses and later choruses.

Will give feedback once the posts pile up.
I like the chill simple drums you got added. The sample is sick how you got it. I fw it heavy. Got a dark feel to it too . I thought it was good man. Mix sounds good. I’m not the greatest at mixing, but it sounded good. Keep up the good work

SiR Rollie

Battle Points: 6
Anyone interested in listening and giving some feedback on this. https://bsta.rs/t/1869087/ Greatly appreciated
Just checked it out and thought it was pretty dope man. One thing that caught my ear is that some of the melodies get smothered in the mix. To me it sounds like they go through a high cut on the frequency. If so maybe don't cut as far into the frequency as it cuts the core out of your melody. Like 600hrtz instead of 300hrtz at its peak

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Just checked it out and thought it was pretty dope man. One thing that caught my ear is that some of the melodies get smothered in the mix. To me it sounds like they go through a high cut on the frequency. If so maybe don't cut as far into the frequency as it cuts the core out of your melody. Like 600hrtz instead of 300hrtz at its peak
Ok thank you for your input I really appreciate that. I just had some melodies layered over top . I’ll go back though and listen thanks for feedback bro really helps.

@SiR Rollie I really like the mood that your beats have. As already said the drums are dope and fit nicely. I especially like Only You and We Out Here

@Drago Zetić I like the old-school feel to your beat. As also already said the drums fit perfectly. Nice job.

@Wesbeats The melody is really nice and sounds really dark. I could imagine an underground rapper on this. Maybe you could use another snare though with a shorter release. The tape stops also fit nicely.

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
@SiR Rollie I really like the mood that your beats have. As already said the drums are dope and fit nicely. I especially like Only You and We Out Here

@Drago Zetić I like the old-school feel to your beat. As also already said the drums fit perfectly. Nice job.

@Wesbeats The melody is really nice and sounds really dark. I could imagine an underground rapper on this. Maybe you could use another snare though with a shorter release. The tape stops also fit nicely.
Thank you for ya input I appreciate it

C-RuZe

@SiR Rollie i listened to most of the songs but Good Man was my fav. Liked the way you chopped up the sample, sounded like something J Dilla would do. The rest of the songs I listened too were dope as well good work man.

@Drago Zetić I like how the piano was going it made the track dope, I could def hear and MC tearing it up nice track!

@Wesbeats I like the track it has that dark trap sound and feel to it, felt it was a little repetitive but maybe it’s meant for a rapper idk but sounded good to me thumbs up.

@sithproductions This beat is nice bro I like how it switches up and drops in n out in the middle fits perfectly and the drums sounded on point and fit together.Good work!

C-RuZe

Here’s another beat I made, I’m real new so the mix might be off and such but let me know what you think! All feedback is appreciated!

Damn thanks guys

@C-RuZe I like beats like that. The melody is nice and chilled and I like how another instruments comes in for the second part. I am personally not such a huge fan of the short 808s but the hi hats and open hi hats fit together really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.