Showcase - November 17-23, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maciek

Michele Beta
This is not the style I am making in but let me say few words about the track. Quality is very good, I didn't notice anything what is masked or overperforming in terms of mix. Arrangement of tracks needs to
be improved - not many things happen here and a listener can be bored by repeating the same loops (especially drums need proper treatment), even though this is only 74 seconds.

Aet0Aet
Track would be not bad if you spent few minutes on the mix. CLIPPING!!! - cannot you hear that? What equipment do you use for monitoring?

There is one of my last tracks

Aet0Aet

Michele Beta
This is not the style I am making in but let me say few words about the track. Quality is very good, I didn't notice anything what is masked or overperforming in terms of mix. Arrangement of tracks needs to
be improved - not many things happen here and a listener can be bored by repeating the same loops (especially drums need proper treatment), even though this is only 74 seconds.

Aet0Aet
Track would be not bad if you spent few minutes on the mix. CLIPPING!!! - cannot you hear that? What equipment do you use for monitoring?

I don't have much hardware due to funds as far as monitoring but wat would u recommend on getting for that I have fl studios Sonar x3 a piano and a mic but please let me know how I can solve that clipping problem I have ozone 5 I do have too behringer monitors but no monitor control center or anything else to see my peaks I would love to have something like that. That is next on my list

W

West One

Michele Beta

Aet0Aet

I like the dark vibe, could use a better mix?. i like what you have done though.

Raninthacut

Hi guys its been a while. i haven't been on because my computer was down. But now its back up and i making more.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
Hi :), this is one of my latest beats

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I was really starting to lose faith in the types of beats I was hearing on this site. I'm digging this track, and IMO, THIS is illmuzik!

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Nothing here yet.

Erik

Nothing here yet.

This beat, with a few small changes has the potential to be super dope.

I think you should do away with the vocal sample that says "beautiful noise", it's a little distracting. I kept saying to myself, man this is dope, I can't wait until the bass drops. I like that you had me craving that kick, but I think you took a little too long to do it.

I think a good general rule of thumb is to limit your intro to 8 bars. After 8 bars you should get to the meat of your beat and your listener should understand the sonic themes. Again, this is speaking generally... there are times when a longer/shorter intro are in the best interest of the song.

The bass line needs work. It matches well with the kick in regards to frequency, but it sounds out of place and out of tune. Try something that's not as synthetic and not as 808ish. I think something analog like a bass guitar or upright bass would compliment the sample well. Play with it a bit, make the notation more complex, let it follow the melody of the sample, let it ride out on it's own at times.

Overall, you have a lot of potential with this beat, it just needs some cleaning up. Nice work so far and good luck making a good beat great.

I made this beat the other day... I'm not sure where I stand on it. Would love to get some input from you guys!

lilsuedi

Since i have little to no experience in producing music in any kind the only sort of feedback i can give is about my subjective perspective of a good beat. If anyone still want me to give feedback i will try my best to give it.

Im super new to producing music, just became familiar with ableton and tried to do my first beat. I havent added bassline or anything i just put in a 2pac acapella instead cause it sounded too empty.
I too understand its a pretty bad beat but i just want to know what u advanced people think about it, the only eq i have done is cut at 60 and 12k hz.

Last edited:

Erik

Since i have little to no experience in producing music in any kind the only sort of feedback i can give is about my subjective perspective of a good beat. If anyone still want me to give feedback i will try my best to give it.

Im super new to producing music, just became familiar with ableton and tried to do my first beat. I havent added bassline or anything i just put in a 2pac acapella instead cause it sounded too empty.
I too understand its a pretty bad beat but i just want to know what u advanced people think about it, the only eq i have done is cut at 60 and 12k hz.

Don't let your inexperience get in the way... that's already limiting yourself! You may be new to producing, but you're not new to listening to music and half of producing is listening. All the technical stuff is great, but that comes with time. The technical stuff is a way to calculate and quantify the sounds you are making... a tool... a tool is designed to help you create something. An axe, a knife, and a machete are all tools. Very different tools, but they all do the same thing, they make cuts. What I'm getting at is don't let all the tech and tools overwhelm you. At the end of the day they are all just tools to shape your sound.

I'm a filmmaker/photgrapher and produce music on the side. One thing that I have translated across disciplines is my eye/ear. Ask yourself do these things go well together? Is it seamless? Good music has a profound subtlety to it. It doesn't scream "YO THIS BEAT IS THE SHIT"... It nudges it's friend and says "listen to this..."

Your beat... it has some things working for it and some things working against it. There's something interesting about the sample... it's very nostalgic. It kinda works in a way with the 2Pac acapella. Like, these two things are very different, but still work together... Kinda sweet and sour, ya know? That being said, the drums aren't working, change that up and you'll have a really good first beat. You're going for that newschool/trap style drum. I'll be honest, I'm biased, I don't like that style of production... even so, it doesn't make sense with the sample. Something relaxed... maybe a rimshot or a clap (hell, maybe even a combo of the two) would be nice. Tambourines... shakers... play with it all. The kick drum... too much, bring it doen't less punch... it's dominating the track. It's a nice sample... it's evoking... let that shine through. Let the drums move that sample... that feeling move along. Bass line... gotta have a bassline with this beat. Nothing crazy or overwhelming. Just like the drums, it'll help move things forward.

When the drums stop and you're left with the acapella and the sample... it's wonderful... you're letting it breath. Dropping certain sounds emphasizes different sounds and it's really putting an emphasis on the vocals. Works really well.

Great start, keep working at it and trust your ear. You know what good music sounds like. Just match sounds up and be creative!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online