Showcase - November 26-December 2, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost Bazz

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 1
New track w video. Feedback appreciated. I’ll lay some comments on what’s been posted this afternoon when I can listen. Thanks in advance. This was created for social media, hence the square formatting.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@Marc Duncan I like that Jimmy Butler Beat nice work it really does a great job of complimenting that clip LOL!! He looked real sneaky in that clip and that's what that beat sounds like to me.
@yesnomaybe this one is a smooth banger!! I love this beat keep em coming especially the melody.
@Ghost Bazz man that kick, snare, and horns go hard. Everything knocks just right along with the vocals.

This is a good showcase trying to keep the momentum going here is my remix for the week then i'll probably start back on instrumentals pretty soon.

DeCrescendo

Battle Points: 20
Been a while since I have been on here......

Marc Duncan - Not too keen, on the nights beat - Think it got a bit repetitive but with a bit of work could have potential. It felt a little busy at times!
Jimmy Butler beat sound really polished - I like it alot! Good energy!

South Central - Great mix on this! Well balanced with really good bass. Sounds like a British beat! :)

Ghost Bazz - Good beat with good use of Samples - Is that NAS slowed down? Good beat :)

Matt D - Good potential for a remix but the mix needs a bit of work. I would reduce the acapella Jay Z vocal and try and get a bit more presence with the kick drum.

I have just put a 5 song Instrumental EP on Spotify. Would love if you could have a listen and give me some feedback :) For the showcase I will just put the 2 songs up from there that I think could still do with some work. Would love feedback..

- 'Champion' Beat

- 'Round One' beat

Let me know what you think,

DeCrescendo!

yesnomaybe

Thanks for the positive comments ! Here are two other beats i made, slightly different in style.

Follow me on soundcloud for more, i will follow back.

Ghost Bazz

Beatmaker
Yo! Thanks for all the feedback, one and all. Much appreciated!

@Marc Duncan
Nights Into Dreams. I like this a lot. The kid noises r great. The bass is money. I agree w the comment that the snare is too low. I think this would b great if u left it at twice thru the 16 bar loop... putting it around 2 minutes. Could also use a secondary melody w those chimes/bells (which sound quite nice)... either splitting it into a 2 part beat, or just giving it an 8-bar bridge.

The calypso sounding synth on the other one & drum work don’t really resonate w me as much.

@yesnomaybe
Reasons. I like the guitar. Nice drums... pattern and sounds. The snare could come up a bit. I like the bell sound in there. Nice bass. Yeah, this is balanced. Gives me a “night in the city” vibe... like there’s a bit of 80’s TV show music to this as well. Nice.

@Matt-D
Blue Magic. I don’t like the way this starts w the “make u believe” vocal. I can vibe w it later in the track, but it sounded like the song was starting in the wrong place... like the wav file was missing the intro. The rest of the song is cool. I like the synth sections where the vocal drops out. The singing chorus over the vocal in the beat doesn’t work imo. Another remix that could be made better if u chopped the vocal dude! Come on man, please give it a try. Lose the chorus... replace it w ur own creation. And don’t keep every verse from the original in order as it appears on the original without adjusting timing. There is a verse where Jay does one of his little “ch-ch-ch...” things that doesn’t sound that great... take it out dude. U don’t have to leave the entire a cappella in tact. Don’t let my urging overshadow the fact that I like this beat! U know what needs to b done.

@DeCrescendo - yep... Nasty Nas in the area. Champion. I like the intro. Very polished sound, as a general observation. Lots going on tho. The panning on the drums is too extreme for my ear. I like the filter sweeps & the bass that comes in under that, but the silence that follows seems a bit out of place... maybe just to me tho. Nice work on that kick. The part that highlights the strings is nice too. This almost sounds like too much to my ear. I’d drop out the arp’ed synth line sooner and shorten this track. It’s really good, but again, feels like too much. I’d look to make it a little less congested. U have lots of great parts that layer well... but I’d use them as separate sections more, as opposed to the grand presentation of making them all work simultaneously. I think it will b more approachable that way.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@Ghost Bazz Yeah I know lol!! That's why I put this one up because I was unsure and wanted confirmation. As for taking part of the acapella I just like leaving everything the way it is,but I will definitely give it a shot next time can't hurt nothing.
Had this remix up earlier had to take it down because I didn't agree with the symbol SZA had on her outfit so I had to take that pic down. Tried this without sampling all feedback is appreciated!!

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@DeCrescendo I actually like both beats but they seem kind of busy, for me it's weird because I think it is arranged ok but something is not right to me. But still good stuff mayne!

yesnomaybe

@Matt-D the beat is okay to me, but the vocals im not a big fan off.. maybe its a little too much.

a snippet of an upcoming beat, what u guys think of the melody in combination with the drums? tried something different this time in style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online