AleVFX
Alright, I figure I'll start it off then:

New one:

[soundcloud]

Thanks for checking it out,
hope you enjoy.

peace.

*edit, fixed link*

Even if not my favorite style it is good. It has a good vibe. The kick at least in my setup has a very poor sound. If you increment a little bit the low frequence of the kick maybe will sound more punchy.

Alejandro

AleVFX

From the last time I uploaded to a showcase my PC had problems and I needed to move temporarily my beatmaking to my phone. Because my PC still have problems I'm using my iPad instead momentaneously for a better quality. Hope you like it.

@csbr Quite smooth beat :D I like this percussion in the background most it's very intriguing. That flute phrase (I believe it's a flute) is also good. Maybe if you could diversify this beat a little bit it would add some colour. I also like the 808s very much. Overall impression is nice.

@Alejandro It's good that you tried to structure your beat in my parts but I think you should work on more natural way of programming drums and vsts. I mean the main rhythm and phrase is very steady and after some time it becomes very hypnotic. The same thing is about piano. Piano is a very dynamic instrument so it is always a good thing to play with automation and velocity (I use FL Studio so I'm using terminology from FL Studio but I think it is similar to other softwares) . Because there is no human that would play two notes with the same volume. Even if somebody is a virtuoso. So personally, I always try to mess with automation when I program drums and generally I try to make almost each instrument I use in my beats as 'human' as possible. Even if I use synthesizers. But of course you might have wanted to obtain such a robotic sound in your beat. If that was the case, then you did it perfectly. :) If not, I would recommend you to try things I mentioned. But keep developing yourself. I hope my feedback was helpful.

44Beatzz

Ruhrpott / Germany
Battle Points: 143
@csbr I like the smooth sound.But i think the drums are a bit too loud.Its just my opinion.Besides that..i like your mix and appreciate your creative drums.

@Alejandro @Memento Beats He said everything.Velocity and groove.Stay hungry to become better.Thats most important.
@Memento Beats I like your pitched bass and the piano sounds great.It gives a good atmosphere.
Overall a dope beat!

I tried to improve my mixing skills.I hope i have made a step forward

@RLantigua When it comes to mix of your beat, I think the drums are very well mixed. :D They have the power, the attack is great. But maybe you should work on the main theme when it comes to melodic line. Unfortunately, I don't know what advice I can give you when it comes to this element but I think if this are going to be 'ghostly sounds' they should be more creepier. I mean the phrase is good but the sound you used is too mellow. But drums are really really good.

@44Beatzz The main theme reminds of Rammstein. :p I don't know why but it was the first thing that came to my mind which in my case is a very good thing as I'm a huge fan of Rammstein. ;) I think you should move drums and 808 more to the front because I think they are too much in the background. I like the sound of snare you used and the 808 is also good but as I mentioned it should be more in the front. :)

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
@csbr really feelin that vibe the percussion is crazy. bass might beat bit loud over all im feeling it.
@Alejandro what @Memento Beats said
@Memento Beats pretty dope sounds like something travis scott would be on
@RLantigua i like the beat over all i would suggest some variation on your drums nothing crazy matbe some filter work
@44Beatzz sounds like everything is in the front no separation

heres a couple of mine

JayMMTL

Craze Beats
@csbr I like this. The sticks playing on the rims gets annoying after a while, I suggest transitioning to something else. Otherwise, really enjoyed the laid back vibe, the attention to detail on the sound design and the melodies.

@Alejandro I like the beat coming in, the piano sounds off and just hurts my ears. Are you playing a standard chord progression? Try lowering the piano down an octave if that's not the case. Otherwise, I like the build up and the counter melodies make a ton of sense.

@Memento Beats it all starts with good album art! lol Joking side, this beat is solid. Nothing much I would like to see changed in this. If I'm being picky, while you have the lowend covered with 808, I was hoping a sick bassline would come in at the drop and/or the hook to complement.

@RLantigua sweet! Really enjoyed this beat, great progression. I'd try finding spots to drop the back sample (something I need to incorporate more). Very original vibe; you had me bouncing my head the whole time :)

@44Beatzz really not my style, but well done. It's a solid track with good melodies, progression and I liked the effects. If you are not necessarily going for the synthetic sound, I would recommend experimenting with some instrument VSTs.

@tomkillsjerry lots of beats to listen to, so I picked 1: About a Girl.
I enjoyed the chill vibe while puffing away! Comes in strong after the break - wow that sound is hard but works for the duration of the hook. Mix is great and really liked the overall sound. Good job!

...ok I'll listen to the other while my beat uploads to SoundCloud

Malvada: another very pleasant, chill beat. The blocks and especially the kick are a bit high in the mix imo. I really like your drops with the big sound in the hook. I need to incorporate some of that in my beats.

Here's my track for the week:

Last edited:
@tomkillsjerry "Malvada" is really awesome! I like the atmosphere in that beat. The vocal sample is great and adds a lot of colour to the whole song. The whole composition is structured in the way that the listener can easily recognise the intro, verse and chorus/hook. Drums are well mixed and overall there's nothing to change really. It's complete in my opinion. Very good job. :)

"About A Girl" is even better than "Malvada. I love the sounds you use in your beats because they create incredible atmosphere. If you could provide the name of the vst or the pack you use I would be very grateful. :p Honestly, one of the best beats I heard recently and I don't want to be sweet on purpose, it's just a fact. Really good job.

I also wanted to point that I'm a big fan of your avatar :D .

@JayMMTL Thank you for kind words. I'm also the fan of artwork in my beat XDDDDDD. :p

As far as your beat is concerned, I have mixed feelings though. :/ I like the bass because it sounds very natural to me. I think you recorded a live instrument but I might be mistaken. I don't like the main theme, I mean the synth you used. I don't know but at some point I lost attention when I was listening to your beat. I also think that the full drums should appear at 0:28 not at 0:35. But it's good that you try to experiment with panning (hihats) and also your mix is good because drums are in front and I can easily hear all the elements like kick, snare and hihats, and bass is also well mixed and as I mentioned above it sounds really natural. But I think I just don't get the melody line and the synth you used. But keep working because I can see that you are able to come up with much better beats. :)

C4NTK33P5T1LL

I O U a clever tagline signed me
Battle Points: 200
@JayMMTL Loves The Bass On This Really Cool, The Leads A Bit Out Of Tune Later On But Ya Done Great Keeping The Low Parts Where They Are No Clashing I Mean Tight Pal
@tomkillsjerry I Thought At The Start Oh Great Another Dreamy Trappy Stock Beat But This Is Very Good Vocal In It Is Spot On & The Drop Was Nailed Awesome Track Pal I'm Not Into This Style Of Hop But I Really Liked This You Clearly Got A Lot Of Skill Pal
@44Beatzz Not Much To Crit Maybe Some Fatter Sounds On The Synth But Can't Pick Owt Else Great Track Mate
@RLantigua Same Again No Probs With This Maybe A Bit More Melody But It's Really Solid A Nice Groove & The Mix Seems Bob On To Me Snare Perhaps A Bit Loud But Not sure If Thats An Issue For Ya
@Memento Beats Well Made Fat Lows All Good Just Seems A Bit Stock Beat To Me but Likes I Ses I'm Not a Trap Head Can't Really Fault It Soz Brah
@Alejandro Quite Liked This Could Probably do with a Bit More Processing But It's a Decent Track I Can't Stress Enough How Much I Like The Synth At 1:40 I Really Liked That
@csbr Nice That You Tamed Ya Sound Echo A Bit But Kept That Original Acid Type Pagan Solstice Sound You Got Originality Brah & That Will Take Ya Places Keep Cleaning & Working On Ya Stuff Much Respect

Alright, I figure I'll start it off then:

New one:

[soundcloud]

Thanks for checking it out,
hope you enjoy.

peace.

*edit, fixed link*

@csbr , this is a dope groove..bass is a little heavy..it's drowning out that dope melody...the drum pattern is kickin'...this is a dope beat...great work

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online

No members online now.